Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Sunday 21 April 2024, 02:28:37 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,644 comps and freebies worth over $33,543,418.61 listed

That's over thirty three million, five hundred and fourty three thousand, four hundred and eighteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015714 Total Posts (445547 Searchable Posts) in 297912 Topics by 41496 Members
Latest Member: Sindra
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Discussions
| |-Comping Club  Jokes
| | |-Comping Club  George Dubya-isms
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: George Dubya-isms  (Read 1863 times)  (Replies 3 posts)
ammekiesmum

Recent Activity
0%

Gemini
Gemini

“Luck is believing you're lucky.”

« : Saturday 17 January 2009, 02:16:04 pm »
Go Up

I was just reading this, and got a really laugh out of it, so thought I'd post it in here for others in need of cheering up, I'm pretty sure it belongs here in the stupid things thread  laughing6 -

US President George W. Bush may be passing out of the White House and into history, but he has bequeathed to the nation and the world volumes of unforgettable quotes.
Herewith are some of the more memorable "Bush-isms":

1. "The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur."

2. "If you say you're going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness."

3. "Justice ought to be fair."

4. "If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow."

5. "Reading is the basics for all learning."

6. "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"

7. "The important question is, how many hands have I shaked?"

8. "September the 4th, 2001, I stood in the ruins of the Twin Towers. It's a day I will never forget."

9. "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."

10. "I remember meeting a mother of a child who was abducted by the North Koreans right here in the Oval Office."

11. "We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House  - make no mistake about it."

12. "When the governor calls, I answer his phone."

13. "For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings. And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And we're going to do something about it."

14. "(The Taliban) have no disregard for human life"

15. "I can press when there needs to be pressed; I can hold hands when there needs to be… hold hands."

16. "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

17. "The German asparagus are fabulous."

18. "It's a time of sorrow and sadness when we lose a loss of life."

19. "I'm honoured to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hand cut off by Saddam Hussein."

20. "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."

21. "I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority, was very impressed by his grasp of finances."

22. "Will the highways on the Internet become more few?"

23. "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."

24. "General, I want to thank you for your service. And I appreciate the fact that you really snatched defeat out of the jaws of those who are trying to defeat us in Iraq."

25. "We ought to make the pie higher."

26. "I think we agree, the past is over."

27. "America stands for liberty, for the pursuit of happiness, and for the unalienalienable right of life."

28. "There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."

29. "I don't particularly like it when people put words in my mouth, either, by the way, unless I say it."

30. "One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures."

31. "You wake up at the high school level and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling."

32. "My job is a decision-making job, and as a result, I make a lot of decisions."

33. "Sometimes when you study history, you get stuck in the past."

34. "It's in our country's interests to find those who would do harm to us and get them out of harm's way."

35. "There is distrust in Washington. I am surprised, frankly, at the amount of distrust that exists in this town. And I'm sorry it's the case, and I'll work hard to try to elevate it."

36. "I'm looking forward to a good night's sleep on the soil of a friend."

37. "It's very important for folks to understand that when there's more trade, there's more commerce."

38. "I think it's really important for this great state of baseball to reach out to people of all walks of life to make sure that the sport is inclusive. The best way to do it is to convince little kids how to… the beauty of playing baseball."

39. "One year ago today, the time for excuse-making has come to an end."

40 "You know, when I campaigned here in 2000, I said, I want to be a war president. No president wants to be a war president, but I am one."

41. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

42. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

43. "(I will) keep good relations with the Grecians."

44. "I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport."

45. "We had a chance to visit with Teresa Nelson who's a parent, and a mom or a dad."

46. "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."

47. "I'm sure you can imagine it's an unimaginable honour to live here."

48. "I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah."

49. "I've coined new words, like ‘misunderstanding’."

50. "They misunderestimated me."

laughing6
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading.
Lao-tzu : The Way of Lao-tzu
imawinner
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

« Reply #1 : Sunday 18 January 2009, 05:20:42 pm »
Go Up

Iof the more memorable "Bush-isms":

41. "I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I wasn't here."

42. "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

omg,,,
maybe in his free time now he can get a bit of 'learning'
lol

There is NO vaccine against stupidity
fizzybubbles
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Sagittarius
Sagittarius

heehee

« Reply #2 : Sunday 18 January 2009, 05:37:48 pm »
Go Up

yep, some real pearls of wisdom there...

flickie1108
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Leo
Leo

« Reply #3 : Sunday 18 January 2009, 07:08:15 pm »
Go Up

That gave me a good laugh - thanks!

Very Happy

Latest win - Dead Path (book).
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0141 seconds with 9 queries.
Sunday 21 April 2024, 02:28:37 am from 18.118.23.89