Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Saturday 30 March 2024, 01:32:12 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,630 comps and freebies worth over $25,021,571.89 listed

That's over twenty five million, twenty one thousand, five hundred and seventy one dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014546 Total Posts (444379 Searchable Posts) in 296783 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Public Foyer
| |-Comping Club  General Information
| | |-Comping Club  Concerned about your privacy and entering competitions?
Pages: Prev 1 2 3  All
Print
Author Topic: Concerned about your privacy and entering competitions?  (Read 12392 times)  (Replies 25 posts)
wundergurl
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Life is too important to take too seriously

« Reply #20 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 08:46:53 pm »
Go Up

I wouldnt send in my drivers license for a $30 prize and personally think its wrong for them to ask for a small prize... Recently I won a ipod touch value $268 they wanted proof of id and she said i could just take a pic of my license and email her the photo b4 i did it I blurred my signature and license number  and they were ok with that just making sure I was a real person
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

koala7
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Smile, be Happy

« Reply #21 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 08:54:52 pm »
Go Up

Don't blame you wundergurl, that's a great idea to blur your signature and license number.

'Mighty oaks from little acorns grow'
mnew9
Total Addict

Recent Activity
1%

« Reply #22 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 08:55:28 pm »
Go Up

Please be very wary of putting in a fake birthdate.
I did this for security reasons last year and was disqualifiied from a $1000 win because it was wrong.
The company wouldn't accept my reasons for doing so, so I have learnt my lesson.
As you can imagine, I was devastated, all I could think was at least it wasn't a bigger prize than that I missed out on.  Sad

Sorry to read about your disqualification MsComplover.
Unless a contestant is below the required age to enter the competition, I do not understand why promoters need someones exact DOB.

I must say that in all the years I've been comping I have never been asked for proof of my birthdate in order to receive a prize. I've had to supply copies of my drivers licence on some occasions but that is a rarity.

I think comp promoters should realise that in these times of internet scams that entrants are worried about leaving too many personal details with them. I often wonder what happens to all those details supplied by entrants after a promotion has ended.

jonmic
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Gemini
Gemini

« Reply #23 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 09:50:15 pm »
Go Up

I wouldnt send in my drivers license for a $30 prize and personally think its wrong for them to ask for a small prize... Recently I won a ipod touch value $268 they wanted proof of id and she said i could just take a pic of my license and email her the photo b4 i did it I blurred my signature and license number  and they were ok with that just making sure I was a real person

i didnt send in my drivers license...just a photo copy of it Smile

Yep...it was stupid to ask for so much info..i only did it because it was a Coke promo with a stat. dec. required to be signed as well..all very above board but i did let them know in an email i was upset about my details being in their hands and they told me it would be destroyed...i only hope it did happen....Sad

wundergurl
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Life is too important to take too seriously

« Reply #24 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 09:57:38 pm »
Go Up

i didnt send in my drivers license...just a photo copy of it Smile

Yep...it was stupid to ask for so much info..i only did it because it was a Coke promo with a stat. dec. required to be signed as well..all very above board but i did let them know in an email i was upset about my details being in their hands and they told me it would be destroyed...i only hope it did happen....Sad

LOL I know you didnt actually send your license I meant a copy Razz

netgal08
Trainee

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #25 : Tuesday 19 October 2010, 10:11:35 pm »
Go Up

I am waiting on a prize that i needed to prove my identity to collect..photo copy of DL and a signed stat. dec.....am still waiting 3 months later (cruddy itunes voucher worth $30 bucks) and the promo people have told me there is a discrepency with my birthdate (dont know what happened as i always put in correct birthdate)....and head office has now got my paper work...Sad dont care whether i get prize but what a lot of stu#$&**ing around! Thanx Coke...!

So birthdate and accurate info is becoming essential for prize claims! Smile

Quick follow up....They didnt send my prize..just a 3 or more page letter with their terms and conditions saying any inaccurate details made my entry null and void, etc...so incorrect birthdate stopped me getting my prize...Sad

I won the same comp and as much as I really wanted the voucher to buy some iphone apps I decided not to bother.  I can't believe a $30 prize would involve so much stuffing around! I won a ps3 last year and I did't need any id checks or anything. I wasn't even the one to sign for my prize when it was delivered.

Pages: Prev 1 2 3  All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0188 seconds with 10 queries.
Saturday 30 March 2024, 01:32:12 am from 3.81.13.254