Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 19 April 2024, 01:48:51 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,657 comps and freebies worth over $29,855,194.44 listed

That's over twenty nine million, eight hundred and fifty five thousand, one hundred and ninety four dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015636 Total Posts (445469 Searchable Posts) in 297835 Topics by 41494 Members
Latest Member: Stef15
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1 of 5 Smart Security packages for your computer- Ans Q - 25 wol
Entry Details
  • Win a Smart Security package     Closing Date: Saturday 11 September 2010

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Electronics & Technology 
Prizes may include Computers, Game Consoles, Phone, TV, Stereo etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1 of 5 Smart Security packages for your computer- Ans Q - 25 wol  (Read 806 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Friday 27 August 2010, 05:18:43 am »
Go Up

http://www.justweb.com.au/review/anti-virus-nod32.html

Over the years people (friends and clients) have often asked me to recommend what anti-virus software they should use to protect themselves from Internet threats such as viruses, trojans, malware, etc.

I start off by telling them I have used the same anti-virus software since about the year 2000 - NOD32 by ESET. There are only two anti-virus packages I would bother to recommend - of course one is NOD32, and the other is Kaspersky. My preference is for NOD32, mainly because it has never failed me, its ease of use, and its small footprint and low use of computer resources.

See below for how you can win one of five ESET Smart Security packages.

NOD32 used to be a well kept secret among those "in the know", and while people were out there struggling with their Norton "Security" etc. (I can't remember how many times someone asked me in the past to remove Norton), a select few of us were safe in the knowledge our computers were (and still are) protected by NOD32.

NOD32 do not have the big advertising budget of Symantec, McAfee, etc., but then they don't need to. Their product simply works, and sells well through WOM marketing (word of mouth).

ESET also have a FULL security product called ESET Smart Security, which includes the proactive protection provided by the award-winning ESET NOD32 Antivirus, enabling it to knock down viruses, spyware, adware and malware of all kinds, as well as adding a personal firewall and anti-spam features to further protect your computer.

Considering how important computer protection is, price shouldn't really come in to it, but ESET NOD32 and ESET Smart Security are both VERY competitively priced, and renewals are even cheaper.

Here is a prime example of why good protection is essential.

One of my clients asked me to look at a website which, at the time, was in the process of asking for donations for a particular event.

Immediately upon entering the website, my NOD32 prevented access and advised the site was heavily infected with trojans. The log file excerpt appears below. I advised my client straight away, and he was unaware of the problem. Most of his staff and the company owner had visited the site, so they were quite worried when their anti-virus had not alerted them to a possible attack. They were not using NOD32 at the time.

So, not only does NOD32 protect against viruses, it also offers very good protection against malicious software which can potentially steal your banking details, or even your whole identity.

ESET software is certified by: ICSA Labs; Virus Bulletin; AV-Comparatives; West Coast Labs; and OPSWAT

Win one of FIVE ESET Smart Security licenses
 You can protect your computer by winning one of five ESET Smart Security packages valued at $49.95 each. Simply tell us in 25 words or less how a virus and/or trojan attack on your computer would disrupt your home or workplace? You can be creative, funny, or factual. The best five entries will receive a 12 month licence to ESET Smart Security.

But wait - there's more - if you enter and you DON'T win, you're still in luck. For a period of one month after the announcement of the winner, if you follow the instructions in the email you receive after entering, you will receive 20% off a one year ESET Smart Security licence - which means for less than 40 bucks, you can feel secure in the knowledge your computer is protected. Enter Competition.

Competition fine print
The competition prize is provided by ESET Australia Pty Ltd, 21 Ashleigh Court, Eatons Hill 4037, Queensland, Australia
ESET Australia Pty Ltd may be contacted on 07 3325 2999, or by email to info at eset.com.au
The competition is open to Australian residents only (due to ESET's distribution agreement)
Entries for the competition will close at midnight on September 11 2010
There will be five (5) winners of one ESET Smart Security valued at $49.95 each
Non-winning entrants will be eligible for a 20% discount off ESET Smart Security until 30 September 2010
Entries will be judged individually - chance plays no part in this competition
You may lodge as many ORIGINAL entries as you like
Winners will be selected by ESET Australia Pty Ltd and justweb® - no correspondence will be entered into
Winners will be contacted within 7 working days of their selection, and the winning entries will be displayed on this website (justweb®)

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 19 April 2024, 01:48:51 pm from 3.141.31.240