Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Saturday 20 April 2024, 07:40:00 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,650 comps and freebies worth over $33,794,640.37 listed

That's over thirty three million, seven hundred and ninety four thousand, six hundred and fourty dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015704 Total Posts (445537 Searchable Posts) in 297902 Topics by 41496 Members
Latest Member: Sindra
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win Children Collide’s ‘Theory Of Everything’, easy email

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win Children Collide’s ‘Theory Of Everything’, easy email  (Read 620 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
LilyL
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

« : Sunday 29 August 2010, 11:41:55 am »
Go Up

http://www.yenmag.net/win/win-a-children-collide/

Win Children Collide’s ‘Theory Of Everything’

Yen and Universal Music are giving ten lucky Yen readers the chance to win a copy of Children Collide’s second album, Theory Of Everything and a pack of tarot cards designed by Emily Hunt.

Following on from the success of The Long Now, Children Collide are back with their highly anticipated second studio album Theory of Everything.

Having recorded with legendary LA-based producer Rob Schnapf (The Vines, Elliot Smith, Beck) the boys were eager to achieve a unique sound, ‘a big tough drum sound and a big tough guitar sound’, according to front man Johnny Mackay.

The album pays tribute to Arthur Edward Waite’s The Pictorial Key To The Tarot with each song taking on a different Tarot card.

“We’ve had a little of that going on since we began writing songs,” explains vocalist and guitarist Johnny Mackay. “Alchemy and chemistry, reason and religion, love and logic. Art and music are so often about tying opposing forces together into a contentious dualism. Contradiction is a big part of what we do.”

Much like the tarot cards themselves, however, illumination is all in the eye – or, in this case, the ear – of the beholder. The best way to get your head around Theory Of Everything is to let it wash over you, and be content to revel in the divinatory power of music.

After all, you can’t always trust a fortune-teller to give you the straight story. “Once a gypsy came up to me and told me I was a part-wolf, part-hawk,” Mackay recalls. “Then she started stroking my hair saying I didn’t belong here and that my destiny lay in the mountains. I’m yet to understand what that meant, but I have a feeling it will all become clear the second I arrive at the astral milkhouse.”

Email if you’d like to win a copy.  Please fill out all the information so we can send your cds and tarot cards to you.

www.childrencollide.com.au

competitions@yenmag.net
Subject: Children-Collide-Giveaway

Your Name:

Street Address:

Suburb:

State::

Postcode::

Email:
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

WIN some karma - post a comp! Guaranteed to be good for the soul  Smile
http://compingclub.com/index.php?topic=22678.msg565906#msg5
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0156 seconds with 8 queries.
Saturday 20 April 2024, 07:40:00 pm from 18.227.190.93