Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Wednesday 24 April 2024, 11:52:29 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,687 comps and freebies worth over $26,278,485.00 listed

That's over twenty six million, two hundred and seventy eight thousand, four hundred and eighty five dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015906 Total Posts (445739 Searchable Posts) in 298093 Topics by 41498 Members
Latest Member: Nessie65
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win a life sized Zombie!, make short Vid,
Entry Details
  • Life sized Zombie!     Closing Date: Friday 29 October 2010

Prizes you can win
 Category  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win a life sized Zombie!, make short Vid,  (Read 523 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
LilyL
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

« : Sunday 10 October 2010, 12:15:14 pm »
Go Up

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/competition/

Unleash your creativity and you could be the owner of Brian, the life sized Zombie!

Everyone loves the walking dead and now you could be the proud owner of Brian, a life sized Zombie straight out of Dead Rising 2.  He's incredibly rare, impossible to buy and worth thousands of dollars.  Be inspired by zombie games and films or create your own take on the livingly challenged walking the earth.
How to Enter

* Unleash your inner Romero and make your own Zombie video. It can be any duration but NOT longer than ONE minute.
    * A Zombie must say "Good Game" at some point in your video.
    * Start a YouTube account if you don't already have one and upload your video as a video response in the YouTube channel ABC Good Game Zombie Comp> http://www.youtube.com/goodgamecompetitions
    * Read the Terms and Conditions
    * Complete the Entry form below with the link to your video and your contact details by 6pm AEST  Friday 29th October 2010.

Really important things to remember!

* You can have as many people in your video as you like but there can be only ONE winner.
    * You MUST not use any music or things in your film that you do not own the copyright for or have got permission from the copyright owner.
    * Your video can be as short as you like but cannot be more than one minute.
    * We might use your video on Good Game, and if we do we might edit it.
    * The FAQ's will tell you lots about Brian and the Competition.
    * No one should actually be eaten during the making of your video.  Shocked *CACK*

Zombie Competition Terms and Conditions (See below these for FAQs)

This document sets out the terms of participation in ABC TV's "ABC Good Game Zombie Competition" (the "Competition").

1. The promoter of this Competition is the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (the "Promoter") (ABN 524 292 78345), 700 Harris Street, Ultimo, New South Wales, Australia.
   2. Entry to the Competition is open to all Australian residents. An entrant must be an individual and not a company or organisation. Entrants under 18 years of age need to have the consent of their parent or guardian to enter. Employees of the Promoter and any person associated with the Competition, and any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the prize(s), are not eligible to enter.
   3. If an entrant is under 18 years of age, they must get the permission of a parent or guardian before entering this Competition.
   4. Each entry must be entered in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. By entering the Competition, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may in its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions. All relevant instructions on the Promoter's website (if any) form part of these Terms and Conditions.
   5. Entry into the Competition is free.
   6. The Competition opens at 8.30pm AEST on Monday 20th September 2010 and closes at 6pm AEST on Friday 29th October ("Competition Period"). Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
   7. To enter the Competition, you must:
         1. produce a short zombie video no longer than one minute during which your Zombie says the words "Good Game" in accordance with clause 10 ("Video");
         2. Upload your Video to the YouTube channel ABC Good Game Zombie Comp as a video response.
         3. complete and submit the entry form available at abc.net.au/tv/goodgame/competition ("the Website")
         4. email your entry form to goodgamecompetitions@your.abc.net.au. You must submit a link to your film and your contact details including name, daytime phone number and email address.
  8. While you may enter the Competition more than once, you cannot win more than one prize. You must submit a properly completed entry form each time you wish to enter the Competition.
   9. All entries become the property of the Promoter and will not be returned to the entrants.
  10. To be eligible for a prize your Video must only include original material created by you, including (where applicable) any words, art, music, photographs, sound recordings or footage.
  11. By submitting your Video to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive licence to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in your Video and all other material provided by you to the Promoter pursuant to this Competition at any time.
  12. Without limiting the rights granted to the Promoter under clause 11, you acknowledge the Promoter may exercise any of the following non-exclusive rights throughout the world:
         1. the right to communicate your Video in whole or in part to the public on any media platform; and
         2. the right to provide a free download of your Video in mp3 or other downloadable format from the Website.
  13. Your Video may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoter in order to:
         1. meet the requirements of broadcasting authorities;
         2. adhere to any requirements of the ABC Editorial Policies (available at www.abc.net.au/corp);
         3. ensure your Video meets any legal or classification requirements or to avoid any breach of law;
         4. use your Video for promotional purposes; and/or
         5. use your Video on other ABC media platforms.
  14. You acknowledge that the Promoter may allow users to view, listen to, reproduce, download and otherwise deal in the copyrights attached to and embodied in your Video. The Promoter aims to ensure that any use of your Video not authorised by the Promoter will not occur, however you acknowledge that the Promoter is not equipped with mechanisms to prevent unauthorised use of your Video, and you accept that, to the extent allowable under the law, the Promoter has no liability to you for how the end user elects to use your Video, and as such it may be permanently stored, reproduced, copied, distributed or the like, without recourse or remedy against the Promoter.
  15. The entrant whose Video is judged by the Promoter's panel of judges to be the best, most original and creative will win the prize ("Major Prize Winner"). Chance plays no part in determining the prize winners.
  16. The prize is as follows:
          * A statue of a zombie.
  17. No component of the prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash. In the event that any of the prizes become unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
  18. You warrant that:
         1. all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
         2. you have all necessary rights and licences to grant the rights set out in these Terms and Conditions;
         3. your Video is your original Video and has not been previously communicated to the public;
         4. your Video does not contain any other commercial or recorded music;
         5. you are the copyright owner or authorised licensor of all copyright works and subject matter comprising your Video (including the film, sound recording, musical and literary Videos);
         6. the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these Terms and Conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and you will indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of these warranties.
  19. You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to exercise any of the rights granted to it by these Terms and Conditions, and providing downloads and any communication of your Video to the public by the Promoter is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
  20. You agree that the Promoter may use your entry and any personal details provided to the Promoter for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter in any media without notice and without any fee being paid to you, subject to the ABC's Privacy Policy available at http://www.abc.net.au/privacy.htm.
  21. Decisions of the Promoter and its panel of judges are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into. The name of the prize winner and the city/town/suburb in which he/she lives will be announced on Good Game on ABC2 on Monday 8th November and posted on the Website. Please allow at least 28 days from the date of notification for the delivery of the prize.
  22. If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter's conduct of the Competition or the Promoter's ability to deliver the prize/s to the prize winner/s of the Competition, the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions or select another winner.
  23. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
  24. To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any prize or damage to any prize in transit.

Zombie Competition Frequently Asked Questions

I've got a question about my entry, who can I contact?
Please read the full FAQ first. If your question isn't answered here, you can contact us at goodgamecompetitions@your.abc.net.au

Can my film be longer than one minute?
No.

Is there any restriction on the camera I can use?
No.

Will the films be moderated before they appear on You Tube?
Yes. All the films will be watched before they appear live on the channel.

Can I promote my film on other sites like Facebook, Twitter or my blog?
Yes.

Will the number of views I get on You Tube decide the competition winner?
No.

Can more than one person win the prize?
No. Only one person can be named as the winner. You must be sure that if anyone helps make your film they understand that you will be named as the winner and will receive the prize.

Can I have more than one zombie in my clip?

Yes.

Does my zombie clip have to mention Dead Rising 2?
No.

Is there any runner up prizes?
No.

Will Good Game pay me if they use my film in the program?
No.

Can I enter the competition more than once?
Yes but you need to fill out a separate entry form for each film.

Do I need to use my real name on the You Tube clip?
No but you do need to use your real name and your real address on the entry form you email to the program on the competition entry form.

Can I use music in my film?
Yes BUT you have to own or clear the copyright for it. In other words you MUST not use music that someone else owns unless they have granted you written permission to do so.

Can the zombie video be animated?
A: Absolutely! (Thanks to Tom for asking!)

Can the Zombie say more than just "Good Game"?
Yes.

Can I include credits in my film?
Yes.

Will my film be edited by Good Game?
Maybe. We are hoping to run the best of them in the show so that might mean we need to edit them to fit in the show.
About Brian

How big is Brian?
Big. He's the size of an overweight human man around 5'8" tall. He weighs around 15kg and stands on a circular base plate.

How will you pack him?
He comes apart and will travel in three large boxes.

What is he made from?
He's plaster/plastic and then painted.

How will you get Brian to me if I win?
Courier (at our expense).

Will you include any of Brian's outfits?
No.

I'm a kid, can I still enter?
Yes but you need to get a parent or guardians permission.

Why is the zombie called Brian?
Brian... Brain... get it?

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

WIN some karma - post a comp! Guaranteed to be good for the soul  Smile
http://compingclub.com/index.php?topic=22678.msg565906#msg5
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0156 seconds with 8 queries.
Wednesday 24 April 2024, 11:52:29 am from 18.117.107.90