Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 29 March 2024, 11:44:35 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,655 comps and freebies worth over $25,020,268.94 listed

That's over twenty five million, twenty thousand, two hundred and sixty eight dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014542 Total Posts (444375 Searchable Posts) in 296780 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  TRADING POST - Vote For a Story + 25wol and Win $5000 - weekly entry
Entry Details
  • Trading Post - win $5000     Closing Date: Sunday 27 February 2011
  • Trading Post - win $5000     Closing Date: Sunday 06 March 2011
  • Trading Post - win $5000     Closing Date: Sunday 13 March 2011
  • Trading Post - win $5000     Closing Date: Sunday 20 March 2011
  • Trading Post - win $5000     Closing Date: Sunday 27 March 2011
  • Trading Post - win $5000     Closing Date: Sunday 03 April 2011

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$5,000.00  
Pages: 1 2 Next Last All
Print
Author Topic: TRADING POST - Vote For a Story + 25wol and Win $5000 - weekly entry  (Read 2212 times)  (Replies 10 posts)
JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« : Wednesday 23 February 2011, 01:57:17 pm »
Go Up

Very Happy
Terms and Conditions of Entry for the Trading Post Vote For A Story To Win
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter is Telstra Corporation Limited (ABN 33 051 775 556) of Level 2, 400 George Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (“Promoter”).
Entry is open to all Australian residents, other than management, employees or contractors of the Promoter and other agencies, firms or companies associated with this Promotion (including suppliers of prizes) and their immediate families (“Eligible Entrants”).
The Promotion commences at 12:01am Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("AEDST") on 20 February 2011 and ends at 11:59pm AEDST on 3 April 2011 (“Promotion Period”). To enter and be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
visit the Trading Post website, located at www.tradingpost.com (“Website”);
navigate to the “Make Up A Story to Win” banner available at the top of the page;
submit a Vote for the Story you think best fulfils the Voting Criteria (outlined in clause 9);
submit an answer to the following question in 25 words or less: “Why is this your favourite Story?” (“Entry Question”); and
complete the online entry form, (“Eligible Entry”)
The entry must be:
the original, independent creation of the entrant; and
free from any claims, including copyright or trademark claims by other parties.
The Promotion Period is divided into the following weeks (“Weeks”);
Week Period (all times are AEDST)
1 12:00 am 20/2/11 – 11:59 pm 27/2/11
2 12:00 am 28/2/11 – 11:59 pm 6/3/11
3 12:00 am 7/3/11 – 11:59 pm 13/3/11
4 12:00 am 14/3/11 – 11:59 pm 20/3/11
5 12:00 am 21/3/11 – 11:59 pm 27/3/11
6 12:00 am 28/3/11 – 11:59 pm 3/4/11

Only one Eligible Entry per Week will be accepted per Eligible Entrant. Eligible Entrants will receive one entry for the Voting Prize per Eligible Entry.
Eligible Entrants should Vote for a Story based on the following criteria:
humour;
creative merit;
originality and uniqeness; and
use of three random items referred to.
Standard browsing charges may apply, where applicable, in accessing the internet.
Judging of all Eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period will take place on 5 April 2011. The judging will take place at Level 2, 400 George Street Sydney 2000 (“Judging Location”). Judging will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter. This is a game of skill only and chance plays no part in determining the winner.

The Eligible Entrant deemed by the Judge, in the Judges sole and absolute discretion, to have the most creative answer to the Entry Question will win from the Promoter a cheque in the sum of Five Thousand Dollars (AUD$5,000.00) (inc GST) (“Voting Prize”).

In determining the most creative answer to the Entry Question the Judges may look at how entertaining the entry is. Eligible Entrants can be as serious, silly, cheeky (without being inappropriate) as they wish.
The Judges' decision (including any decisions as to prize distribution) is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result.
The Voting Prize winner will be notified by telephone and in writing by 7 April 2011. The winners’ details will be published in The Australian newspaper on 13 April 2011.
If the Voting Prize has not been claimed by 11 July 2011 it will be awarded to the Eligible Entrant the Judge determines to have the second most creative Eligible Entry from all of the Eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.

Minors
If an entrant is under 18 years, they must have their parent or guardian's consent to enter this promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request this consent in writing.
If a Prize winner is under the age of 18 years, the Prize will be awarded to their parent or legal guardian on behalf of the winner.
Minors may use the Prize, but they must be accompanied by a person over 18 years when doing so, and have consent from their parent or legal guardian (which the Promoter may request in writing).
A parental or guardian consent referred to in these terms must:
consent to the matters referred to in these terms and conditions; and
include the words "in consideration of Telstra agreeing to admit the entrant into this Promotion, [name of parent or guardian] agrees to be bound by the terms of entry into the Promotion".

General
The total Prize pool value is $5,000.00 (including GST).
The Prizes are non transferable or exchangeable and the cheques will be non negotiable. All other costs associated with the Prizes, are the responsibility of the winners.
The Promoter shall not be liable for any Prize that may be lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way before it reaches the winner.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the Prize.
If the Promoter is unable to provide a winner with the nominated prize, the Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of equal or greater monetary value to the nominated prize, subject to any written directions given by State or Territory gaming departments.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. Entries will be deemed to be accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. The Promoter is not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
The judges’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Incomplete, illegible and incorrect entries or entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, subject to State and Territory regulations.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or the information on a website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this competition, may be a violation of criminal and civil laws an should such attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry process in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
Any entry that is lodged by automatic, repetitive, robotic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents, including the use of a competition entry service, will void all entries by that entrant.
Incomplete and incomprehensible entries and entries with defamatory or offensive content or incorrect contact details, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these terms and conditions of entry. In the event there is a dispute concerning the conduct of the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding on each entrant and no correspondence will be entered into.
By entering the Promotion, the entrant and their parent/guardian if they are under 18 understands and agrees that the Promoter may use and disclose the information provided by the entrant on the terms and for the purposes (including marketing) set out in the Promoters Privacy Statement available here or by calling 1800 039 059, as if they were a customer of the Promoter. The entrant agrees that the Promoter can continue to contact them even after this Promotion ends. If the entrant would like to access or correct the personal information that the Promoter holds about the entrant, or if the entrant does not wish the information to be disclosed, the entrant should advise the Promoter by phoning 1800 039 059.
By entering into the Promotion, the entrant (and their parent/guardian if they are under 18 agrees and acknowledges that:
they may be contacted by the Promoter to provide comments about the competition and the Promoter (or an agent of the Promoter) may take photos of them;
the Promoter may use such comments or photos (including their entry if they are under 18 years of age (the "Materials") for the Promoter's future promotional and marketing purposes without further reference or compensation to them;
the Promoter may duplicate, alter, adapt and utilise the Materials as the Promoter wishes at any time, anywhere and by any means;
the Promoter may license, authorise or otherwise transfer the rights in the Materials to others to do the same;
they acknowledge that, by entering the Promotion, they grant to the Promoter on creation of the Materials a royalty-free, perpetual, exclusive and irrevocable licence to use the Materials for whatever purpose;
they unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any of their moral rights in the Materials (as defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth)) and present and future rights of a similar nature conferred by statute anywhere in the world whether occurring before or after this consent is given ("Moral Rights");
they waive all Moral Rights in the Materials that arise outside Australia; and
they agree not to institute, maintain or support any claim or proceeding for infringement of their Moral Rights in the Materials.
To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with this Promotion.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liabilities that may arise from winning the Prize.
Find more bargains for sale in your local area!
Automotive

Automotive Services

Car Audio

Caravans

Classic & Unique Cars

Go Karts & Buggies

Hot, Custom & Street Cars

Motorbikes & ATVs

New Cars

Trailers
 Trucks & Buses

Used Cars

Vintage & Classic Cars

Wheels, Tyres, Parts & Accessories
 General Store

Art & Crafts

Boats

Books & Publications

Business & Office

Collectibles

Commercial

Computers

Farm

DIY & Home Renovations
 DVDs, CDs, Videos, Records & Tapes

Employment

Entertainment & Electronics

Family & Baby

Fashion & Beauty

Garden & Outdoor Living

Household

Musical Instruments & Equipment
 Noticeboard

Pets & Horses

Phones

Real Estate

Rural & Machinery

Sports, Leisure & Travel

Toys & Games

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

cazatim
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

Happy New Year Everyone

« Reply #1 : Saturday 05 March 2011, 01:37:23 pm »
Go Up

Thank you for the comp here is picture to go with this comp .
cheers cazatim

Be Kind to one another,ELLEN DEGENERES.
grumpyswife

Recent Activity
0%

Aquarius
Aquarius

« Reply #2 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 03:24:01 pm »
Go Up

Funny how it states in T&C's "Only one Eligible Entry per Week will be accepted per Eligible Entrant.?? when clearly a number of entries are the same person??

"Luck affects everything; let your hook always be cast. In the stream where you least expect it, there will be fish." ..........Ovid (43BC-17AD) Roman poet
Rosiegal
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Gemini
Gemini

I'm in compers heaven here!

« Reply #3 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 07:04:08 pm »
Go Up

Yeah! I noticed that too. I also HATE that the person with the most votes can get hundreds .....and I cant. Dont even begin to know that many people@

All good things come to those who....wait for the postman!
.Keep on comping!
Sophie27
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #4 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 07:59:06 pm »
Go Up

I did read on a FB comment from Trading Post.. telling an entrant who was upset because her entry did'nt win ( I suppose she had a hugh following).. he said that they get judged by a panel so it doesn't matter if you dont have a load of 'likes'

mnew9
Total Addict

Recent Activity
1%

« Reply #5 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 08:05:29 pm »
Go Up

I did read on a FB comment from Trading Post.. telling an entrant who was upset because her entry did'nt win ( I suppose she had a hugh following).. he said that they get judged by a panel so it doesn't matter if you dont have a load of 'likes'

The judges though will only pick a winner from the top five voted entries each week. As I have said before, this means that the best written entries will probably not win the prizes - which I think is unfair.
Obviously Trading Post are just after the contact details of the voters to add to their data base.

Sophie27
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Taurus
Taurus

« Reply #6 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 08:09:25 pm »
Go Up

oh bugg.. I just entered today and it looks like its the end of the week.. my entry isnt even showing, so I wont be able to get any votes.... not fair!  Sad

grumpyswife

Recent Activity
0%

Aquarius
Aquarius

« Reply #7 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 08:46:50 pm »
Go Up

Smile ..take heart Sophie27....you may still win the major prize...good luck...

"Luck affects everything; let your hook always be cast. In the stream where you least expect it, there will be fish." ..........Ovid (43BC-17AD) Roman poet
grumpyswife

Recent Activity
0%

Aquarius
Aquarius

« Reply #8 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 09:16:42 pm »
Go Up

..just read those comments on Trading post's fb page...it's a scream lol..!..just proves peeps should read all T&C's carefully...that said I must say it's a fun contest..my brain hasn't had such a good work-out for years..lol

Major Tom
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #9 : Sunday 20 March 2011, 11:32:00 pm »
Go Up

Yeah! I noticed that too. I also HATE that the person with the most votes can get hundreds .....and I cant. Dont even begin to know that many people@

lol the trouble with FB is that most people with hundreds of followers have only ever met a handful, or most are old school friends and workmates - i have a whole 7 friends on FB and don't add anyone i don't know. I turn down 20 or 30 'friends' (ie complete strangers) a week, at least, sometimes that many in one day Rolling Eyes and most i block from contacting me again.

Most 'friends' on FB are acquaintances of acquaintances of acquaintances Rolling Eyes and these are people they tell everything to - it has never made sense to me dontknow

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/donate.html

Donate today to the Qld flood appeal
grumpyswife

Recent Activity
0%

Aquarius
Aquarius

« Reply #10 : Monday 21 March 2011, 12:48:18 am »
Go Up

I have about 700 "friends" on fb (because I used to play a "war game") ..but..I don't bother with so-called "popularity" contests..never  liked them...I'd rather just use my skill....small as it is..lol

Pages: 1 2 Next Last All   Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0313 seconds with 13 queries.
Friday 29 March 2024, 11:44:35 pm from 44.208.25.215