Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 29 March 2024, 09:12:20 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,628 comps and freebies worth over $24,244,393.60 listed

That's over twenty four million, two hundred and fourty four thousand, three hundred and ninety three dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014500 Total Posts (444333 Searchable Posts) in 296738 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Public Foyer
| |-Comping Club  General Information
| | |-Comping Club  Information for 'newbies'
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Information for 'newbies'  (Read 50880 times)  (Replies 6 posts)
Administrator
The equitable
Administrator
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

« : Tuesday 07 September 2004, 10:22:29 pm »
Go Up

I thought I might put together a few words for people who are new to comping and this website ...

What we actually do here:
For those that know what "comping" is all about, this might sound trivial, but we all have to start somewhere, so this is for the people that don't know what we do here.
On this forum you'll find out about competitions running in Australia (or open to Australian residents), "freebies" that companies are giving away, how to earn money doing surveys and anything else to do with competitions and promotions.
There are hundreds if not thousands of competitions going on every week in Australia. You can come across them through magazines, on an ice-cream wrapper, on TV, Radio, in the newspaper - absolutely everywhere. With the help of members, this website aims to provide a comprehensive listing so you don't have to read every magazine or watch every TV channel just to find out about them. Not only will you find out where to enter the competitions and how to get your "freebies", you'll also receive help and advice from other members about anything to do with 'comping' - all you need to do is ask, there is always someone here to help you. Remember, we don't actually run competitions, we are a group of hobbiests that help each other.

How to use this website:
The website is split into a variety of 'forums' or discussion topics.
The title of each forum gives you an indication about the topic of the discussions within.
There are two ways to post (or send) a message. You can either 'post a reply' to an existing topic, or you can start a 'new topic'.
Just make sure that if you are starting a 'new topic' you do it in the correct forum, for example, you wouldn't post a joke in the 'Phone in & SMS competitions' section.
If you're not sure which forum to post to, there is a special forum called "I'm Lost". Post it to this forum and the Moderators will move your post to the correct location.

How to post a competition:
We encourage all members to post any competitions or 'freebies' they come across. Obviously if we didn't have anybody posting any new comps, you probably wouldn't be coming here. We are all looking out for new comps and freebies so we encourage all members to help each other.

Before you post a new competition or give-away freebie, do a quick search just incase someone else has already posted it. If your entry isn't already listed, select an appropriate forum that fits your category and then click "Post a comp" at the top of the section, or in the menu bar down the left-hand side of the screen. In the "Competition Title" box, type something that describes the comp in very few details, like, "Trip to Spain-25wol".  In the "Subject" box, again type something that identifies your competition (ex: Woolworths Christmas give-away).  Please include whether the comp requires 25 words or less entry ("25wol"), easy entry, whether only a for a particular State (ie: "NSW only"), or if a purchase is required to enter (ie: "pur.req"), as space permits. For example:  "Win a trip to Spain - 25wol - NSW only - pur.req"

In the "message Body" give as much detail as you can, include the terms and conditions if possible, and if the competition is on a website, provide a link to the website. Make sure you fill out the "Competition Closing Date" drop-down fields at the top of the page - this way it will be included into the calendar.

Please remember:
DO NOT WRITE YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS HERE ON THIS WEBSITE SO EVERYBODY CAN SEE!
You need to read the details of the competition and find out who is running it and what you need to do to enter.

More information about how to use this website is available by clicking on the HELP button at the top of the screen.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

gssusu
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Capricorn
Capricorn

« Reply #1 : Friday 01 July 2011, 02:10:34 pm »
Go Up

Hey guys i'm still kinda new to this and was wondering how you post a competition picture?

My winnings !!
2011 - $2220
2012 - $6350
2013 - $4487
2014 - $18004
JRN

Recent Activity
0%

Cancer
Cancer

« Reply #2 : Friday 01 July 2011, 02:22:01 pm »
Go Up

Somewhere there's a link on this subject, I'll go and find it in a minute..

But in Firefox (IE may differ) RIGHT CLICK on the image anf then COPY IMAGE LOCATION.

You can then just paste (it will be a link) into your post, highlight and click INSERT IMAGE which will wrap [IMG] around it

gssusu
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Capricorn
Capricorn

« Reply #3 : Friday 01 July 2011, 08:46:33 pm »
Go Up

Thanks jrnitsch, it sounds pretty straight forward will definitely try it in my next post Smile

My winnings !!
2011 - $2220
2012 - $6350
2013 - $4487
2014 - $18004
carlee682003
Beginner

Recent Activity
0%

« Reply #4 : Wednesday 06 August 2014, 12:51:53 pm »
Go Up

Hi, I have just made a contribution via Paypal, how does my Compfolio account get activated please?

cazatim
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

Happy New Year Everyone

« Reply #5 : Wednesday 06 August 2014, 02:54:26 pm »
Go Up

Send a PM to the Administrator giving them your details .

Be Kind to one another,ELLEN DEGENERES.
Judestar44
Junior Addict

Recent Activity
3%

« Reply #6 : Friday 30 June 2023, 01:00:53 am »
Go Up

hi team I do not seem to be able to comment any more - any tips please?

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0234 seconds with 11 queries.
Friday 29 March 2024, 09:12:20 am from 54.166.170.195