Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 28 March 2024, 11:07:36 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,665 comps and freebies worth over $24,154,580.60 listed

That's over twenty four million, one hundred and fifty four thousand, five hundred and eighty dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014484 Total Posts (444317 Searchable Posts) in 296723 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Discussions
| |-Comping Club  Jokes
| | |-Comping Club  Sent an invitation to an event and asked to pay towards it
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Sent an invitation to an event and asked to pay towards it  (Read 5722 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
snuggle1

Recent Activity
4%

Taurus
Taurus

Goals and ambition are main ingredients of success

« : Thursday 01 May 2014, 03:41:02 pm »
Go Up

As some of you may be aware, today is my birthday.

So, imagine checking through my e-mails today and finding this from Primo Estate (in part):

"Olive Harvest Celebration Lunch

Saturday 7th, Sunday 8th & Monday 9th June

Primo Estate Cellar Door, 50 McMurtrie Road, McLaren Vale

Just $85.00 per person - Book Now

Dear Caroline,

Our 25th Olive Harvest is here! Come and enjoy our traditional Italian feast (including some Grilli family recipes), showcasing the first pouring of the 2014 JOSEPH First Run Extra Virgin Olive Oil, fresh from the press.

This will be the first chance to taste the new 2014 La Biondina Colombard, perfectly paired with All'Ascoli Stuffed Olives, the signature dish of the Grilli's native Le Marche region in Italy.  Shale Stone Shiraz from the 'dream vintage' of 2012 will accompany the Zamberlan family's Salsiccia con Fagioli recipe while the 2012 Zamberlan is served with rich, green olive dressed lamb shanks.

This relaxed Autumnal lunch will finish with a sweet treat of 2013 JOSEPH La Magia, of which Tyson Stelzer recently wrote 'I've always liked La Magia but never as much as this release. 32 years to perfect an amazing juxtaposition between high-strung acidity and beautifully succulent sweetness.'

Just $85.00 for three courses and wines - Book Now

Ciao,

The Primo Estate Team

P.S - Can't make the lunch? Enjoy the Grilli family's recipes at home with our recipe book: Primo Style, click here to order

Please advise us of any special dietary requirements, we will endeavour to accomodate all requests. Children under 10 may attend free of charge but no seat or food will be allocated. Parents are responsible for their children at all times.  Alcohol free tickets for drivers and children over 10 can be purchased for $65. We regret we cannot offer refunds less than 7 days in advance."

Here is my response:

"Wow. Primo Estate. You have really outdone yourselves today. As it is my birthday, I would like to thank you for sending me an invitation to an up-coming event that actually requires my paying you to attend. That is correct. You want me to pay to attend an event that you have sent me an invitation to.

Here is my counter offer: As it is my birthday, I am offering you a once in a lifetime opportunity to have this birthday dinner at my house. Nothing fancy. However, I do expect you promptly and expect lots of gifts and for you to help cover the costs to participate in the opportunity to celebrate my birthday.

Incidentally, I will also be posting your message to me and my response on at least one website.

R.S.V.P. for further details.

Regards,

Caroline Kelly"

Well, if it is good enough for a business to send me an invitation with there being an expectation for guests to contribute towards the costs, then it is good enough for me to reciprocate.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

2020: $6000
2021:
2022: $75
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 7 queries.
Thursday 28 March 2024, 11:07:36 pm from 44.192.53.34