Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 19 April 2024, 05:36:07 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,649 comps and freebies worth over $29,929,383.91 listed

That's over twenty nine million, nine hundred and twenty nine thousand, three hundred and eighty three dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015624 Total Posts (445457 Searchable Posts) in 297823 Topics by 41494 Members
Latest Member: Stef15
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win A Scholl Foot Care Pack From Mad Cow/Comment.
Entry Details
  • Scholl Foot Stuff Pack.     Closing Date: Friday 01 May 2015

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Health & Beauty 
Prizes may include Makeup, Jewelry, Perfume, Haircare etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win A Scholl Foot Care Pack From Mad Cow/Comment.  (Read 240 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
Kelly1

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

« : Sunday 19 April 2015, 11:47:48 am »
Go Up

Diary of a Mad Cowlaugh, cry, relate ...

No Easy Feet (and a giveaway!)
April 18, 2015

http://diaryofamadcow.com.au/2015/04/18/no-easy-feet-and-a-giveaway/

Lots of pretty shoes.

T’is one of my favouritest things about the this contract/project thingo I’m doing.

Not only can I now justifiably by myself new shoes, but I need them. I have to look all corporatey and stuff, and like I know what I’m doing. If shoes can’t convey that, then quite honestly I’m at a loss as to what can …

Having spent the last ten or so years wearing slippers, if anything, on a more regular basis, with the odd exception of my runners or ‘nice’ shoes for those rare moments I go out, my feet have got a little dry and flaky (sorry!) and are needing to get used to the idea of wearing nice shoes on a more regular basis.

Or shoes at all, really.

The lovely people at Scholl have taken pity on me, especially after the Foot Scrub Soap Used On Scrotum incident that occurred in my very own bathroom, and sent me a few products to play with.

A couple of creams; a Dry Skin Instant Recovery cream  and a Eulactol Heel Balm.

I am not new to the whole foot balm thing. Irregular, yes, but not new. Mostly irregular because I have never been able to get my head around how to make it work properly.

You slather this usually peppermint-scented stuff on your feet, then you’re stuck where you are, with goo on your hands, unable to touch anything or scratch your nose or anything, and unable to walk across the floor to wash your hands. If you’re not leaving copious amounts of foot balm on the carpet, you’re upending yourself and bruising your arse the second your feet touch the tiles in the wet areas of your house.

Yes, you could put socks on over the top, but, for me, I’ve hated the feel and they do absolutely nothing to prevent the cream seeping through and onto floors anyway.

Thus you can imagine my reluctance about giving these two a go, and my dubiousness about the whole “non-greasy” claim made by the heel balm.

Having agreed to give them a try and tell you about it, I sighed a lot, and did give them both a go.

I stand corrected.

Not all heel balms are quite so icky.

I still haven’t worked out how to do the whole thing without needing to get up and wash my hands immediately afterwards, short of paying the kids to rub the stuff into my feet. They either do a crappy job or keep holding me to ransom, and upping the going rate.

I have one over them now, as I can quite happily put slippers or socks on after rubbing the not-so-gooey-goo in without an issue.

The “three day” claims I also scoffed at. I have since been chocking on my scoff.

Yeah, okay, the stuff works, and it’s not revolting or annoying or anything. I admit it.

I also received some antiperspirant foot spray to assist with foot odour. In ridding one’s feet of it, obviously, not assisting the odour to become more odorous.

Instead of walking into the kids’ bedrooms at night and hugging them whilst they’re asleep, I spray their feet. Really, you must take the opportunities when you can.

Seems to be working, but I must be honest in saying I do try to avoid being near their feet as often as possible.

With the wearing of the new, pretty, shoes some Party Feet Invisible Gel Cushions have come in handy for the whole Wearing Heels And Catching Public Transport combination. Clearly not a “party” per se but I’m thinking it’s not technically a crime to be wearing Party Feet when not actually partying. Is it?

Whatevs. Handy. And comfy.

And easily transferable to whatever shoes I feel like wearing on any given day.

Blister shields have also come in rather handy, although I’m really annoyed to say that I’ve required them not for the gorgeous black heels I now own, but the supposed-to-be comfy Sketchers shoes I bought so I could avoid bloody blisters in the first place. Not happy.

Unlike a bandaid, the Blister Shields are somewhat more protective of the intense hurty bits blisters provide, and give a bit of relief. I do love a bandaid on a blister, but this just takes it to a different level.  Happy.

Just for you lot, I have a pack of the same to give away.

Valued at over $50, the Scholl Foot Stuff Pack includes:

Scholl Antiperspirant Foot Spray
Scholl Dry Skin Instant Recovery cream
 Scholl Eulactol Heel Balm Gold
 Scholl Party Feet Invisible Gel Cushions
Scholl Blister Shields

All you need to do to get your hands on the above, is tell me a Funny Foot Story … something to make me laugh … I dunno, the time you fell off your wedges, or vomited in your kid’s shoes cos they smelt so bad, or a foot-massage-by-kid incident … actually, that reminds me of a story when I went to get a massage and my massage therapists gorgeous daughter was there and she was given the task of massaging my feet, which she promptly sneezed all over. This, clearly, was the lubrication she required for the massage as she merely carried on … I can laugh about it now …

Anyhoo, on that delicious note we’ll carry on, too … comment in the comments section below by the end of Friday the 1st of May.

The story that touches me the most (funny or sad) will be deemed the recipient of the pack and will be notified by email in the following days.

So please make sure your email address is correct! Please!

« Siblings, Sameness, A Room of Their Own and Parenting Conundrums
Please select your preferred commenting option below
WordPress(0)Facebook(0)Google + (0)
Leave a Reply
Your Name

Your Email

Your Website

Please feel free to comment ... would love to know that I'm not alone in all of this ...
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

My children are the pot of gold at the end of my rainbow.
Winnings since joining=$33,875.85
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0141 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 19 April 2024, 05:36:07 am from 3.147.76.139