Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 18 April 2024, 10:41:56 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,648 comps and freebies worth over $29,713,611.01 listed

That's over twenty nine million, seven hundred and thirteen thousand, six hundred and eleven dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015591 Total Posts (445424 Searchable Posts) in 297791 Topics by 41494 Members
Latest Member: Stef15
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  1/5DP Kristina Olsson in conversation with Ramona Koval - Brisbane - no travel
Entry Details
  • 1/5 DP In conversation writers     Closing Date: Friday 10 July 2015

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: 1/5DP Kristina Olsson in conversation with Ramona Koval - Brisbane - no travel  (Read 419 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
Mkett57
Total Addict

Recent Activity
0%

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Friday 05 June 2015, 05:36:22 pm »
Go Up

Thanks to our pals over at Avid Reader (INSPIRE : FESTIVAL official book seller) we have 5 double pass to give away to their upcoming event on Wednesday 17 July featuring award-winning author Kristina Olsson in-conversation with Ramona Koval discussing Koval's memoir, Bloodhound: Searching for My Father.  For your chance to WIN simply send your full name, email address and postal address to winwin@bwf.org.au by Wednesday 10 July at midday with the words AVID READER in the subject line. Good Luck!
Where:   Avid Reader Bookshop , 193 Boundary St, West End, Brisbane, Queensland 4101 (AU). 
Date: Wednesday, 17, June, 2015 
Time: 6:00:pm -   8:00:pm 
 Show Location map   

Event description:

bloodhoundJoin award-winning author Kristina Olsson in-conversation with Ramona Koval discussing her memoir, Bloodhound: Searching for My Father.

I looked up the name in the phone book and rang the number. I tried to imagine the conversation that might ensue. Hello? I was wondering if you’re the man who was recently at an auction and asked a woman named Mary if I was married and had children and was happy—and if you are, are you my real father?

Ramona Koval’s parents were Holocaust survivors who fled their homeland and settled in Melbourne. As a child, Koval learned little about their lives—only snippets from traumatic tales of destruction and escape. But she always suspected that the man who raised her was not her biological father.

200.RAMONA KOVALOne day in the 1990s, long after her mother’s death, she decides she must know the truth. A phone call leads to a photograph in the mail, then tea with strangers. Before long Koval is interrogating a nursing-home patient, meeting a horse whisperer in tropical Queensland, journeying to rural Poland, learning other languages and dealing with Kafkaesque bureaucracy, all in the hope of finding an answer.

A quest for identity recounted with Koval’s customary humour, Bloodhound takes hold of the reader and never lets go. It is a moving story of the terrible cost of war and of family secrets.

ABOUT RAMONA KOVAL
Ramona Koval is a Melbourne writer, journalist, broadcaster and editor. From 2006 to 2011 she presented Radio National’s Book Show, and she has written for Age and the Australian. She is the author of By the Book: A Reader’s Guide to Life, and Bloodhound: Searching For My Father.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0141 seconds with 8 queries.
Thursday 18 April 2024, 10:41:56 am from 18.117.107.90