Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Tuesday 23 April 2024, 11:42:22 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,699 comps and freebies worth over $26,662,571.21 listed

That's over twenty six million, six hundred and sixty two thousand, five hundred and seventy one dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015880 Total Posts (445713 Searchable Posts) in 298069 Topics by 41498 Members
Latest Member: Nessie65
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  win a Global Takashi 10-Piece Knife Block,
Entry Details
  • win a Global Takashi 10-Piece     Closing Date: Wednesday 09 September 2015

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Homewares 
Prizes may include Manchester, Crockery, Cutlery, Home Furniture, etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: win a Global Takashi 10-Piece Knife Block,  (Read 217 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
cazatim
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

Happy New Year Everyone

« : Friday 04 September 2015, 03:43:32 pm »
Go Up

https://www.facebook.com/VeggieMama/photos/a.359146715979.162364.328557665979/10153152535190980/?type=1&theater

Have you entered? Winner will be chosen at random, so head here before September 9: http://bit.ly/YourHomeDepotGiveaway
SPICY BLACK BEAN QUINOA BOWLS + WIN A GLOBAL TAKASHI KNIFE SET WORTH $1199
August 26, 2015
Spicy Black Bean Quinoa Bowls

I’m in Queensland at the moment, eating all the fresh fruit and drinking all the cold beer, because it’s WARM, y’all. Spring is sprung and all that. A very nice respite from winter’s end in Melbourne, which still won’t properly end until about December. The day before I left, it was heading into the 20s so I forced everyone outside in shorts and a t-shirt to finally get some sun on our skin. Glorious, I tell you!

When I made this burrito-style bowl for lunch the other day, and popped it on my cheery yellow outdoor mat, I could see my future: long, hot days; taking all meals outdoors, and eating colourful crunchy veg like my life depended on it. Cold beer too, probably. If you’re in good weather already, or you can feel it’s on its way, this one is for you.

You might also remember the day my much-loved and constantly-used Global Chef’s knife broke. A sad day all round. After 8 solid years of manhandling in the kitchen (and occasionally when parcels arrived) and only being sharpened twice, it was foiled by a piece of lemongrass I was trying to bash. I kind of stared at it a bit stupidly, trying to comprehend how such a precision instrument could snap clean in half like that. Perhaps I don’t know my own strength.

The lovely people at Your Home Depot reached out after that and said they could not only replace my knife, but they could furnish me an entire Global Takashi knife block, and also one for my readers, if I’d like to collaborate?

I think you can guess my answer Wink

burrito-bowl-2 burrito-bowl-global burrito-bowl-4 burrito-bowl-3

Look at them. So beautiful, and they slice like a dream.

I feel like Queen of the kitchen with so many tools at my disposal. I’ve never had a paring knife before – I don’t know how I ever lived without it! The scissors just about make me cry with joy.

I truly loved my Global, which I received as a wedding present all those years ago. It was such a versatile, everyday knife and use it every day I did. I was so grateful to replace it, as it served me so well for so long.

Below is the recipe for my spicy black bean quinoa bowls (recipe for the spicy black beans is here), and stay tuned at the end for the chance for one of you to win a Global Takashi Knife Block for your very own self! You too can cry with joy the next time you easily slice through a ripe tomato without squashing the bejesus out of it.
burrito-bowls-5 spicy-burrito-bowls-6

SPICY BLACK BEAN QUINOA BOWLSPrint recipe
 Spicy Black Bean Quinoa Bowls
INGREDIENTS

2 cups uncooked quinoa, rinsed
4 cups water
1 pinch sea salt
2 cups Spicy Black Beans
1/4 Small red cabbage (sliced finely)
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1 tablespoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup coriander, chopped
1 Large green onion, sliced thinly
1/2 Small garlic clove, minced
1 pinch salt
1 Large lime, cut into portions, lengthways
Assorted toppings (cheese, sour cream, extra coriander, avocado, sprouts, pumpkin seeds, etc)
DIRECTIONS

Step 1
In a large pot, add the quinoa and 4 cups water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to a boil.
Step 2
Reduce heat to the lowest that you can get it, and put a lid on the pot. Simmer until all quinoa has absorbed all the water, about 10-15 minutes.
Step 3
Remove from the heat and leave to sit for five minutes and then fluff with a fork. Set aside.
Step 4
In a small pot, heat the rice wine vinegar, salt and sugar until wam and all the salt and sugar has been dissolved.
Step 5
Put the sliced cabbage in a bowl and pour over the hot vinegar. Stir to combine and leave to sit while you prepare the rest.
Step 6
Heat the spicy black beans if you need.
Step 7
In a bowl, put the sliced cherry tomatoes, the chopped coriander, the minced garlic, the sliced green onions, a pinch of salt, and squeeze the juice out of a segment of lime over the top. Add a drizzle of olive oil if you like, and stir to combine.
Step 8
In each bowl, add a portion of quinoa (I do about three-quarters of a cup per person) and top with the spicy black beans, some of the tomato salsa, some of the cabbage, and the rest of the toppings you require. Eat with a massive grin!