Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 26 April 2024, 07:51:12 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,689 comps and freebies worth over $33,503,185.81 listed

That's over thirty three million, five hundred and three thousand, one hundred and eighty five dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1016001 Total Posts (445834 Searchable Posts) in 298184 Topics by 41498 Members
Latest Member: Nessie65
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win DP to Barry Morgan’s World of Organs - Newcastle/Email/Pt Stephens Examiner
Entry Details
  • Barry Morgan’s World of Organs     Closing Date: Sunday 08 May 2016

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win DP to Barry Morgan’s World of Organs - Newcastle/Email/Pt Stephens Examiner  (Read 200 times)  (Replies 1 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Monday 02 May 2016, 06:08:50 am »
Go Up

http://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/3871345/morgans-organ-world-awaits-video/?cs=2330

Barry Morgan’s World of Organs

AUSTRALIA’S celebrity organ salesman Barry Morgan will tour to Newcastle in May for what he said will be a special night of organ magic.

FUNNY: Barry Morgan will tour his world of organs to Newcastle Civic Theatre's Playhouse on May 14. Morgan, from Adelaide, is well known for his one finger method. Picture: Supplied

Morgan is the eponymous character in Barry Morgan’s World of Organs, a stage show based on a fictional electronic organ salesman from Adelaide.

The safari suit-wearing salesman is portrayed by Australian musician and comedian Stephen Teakle.

Teakle as Morgan tours the world of organs to stages around Australia.

Morgan rose to fame in 2010 after appearing on the ABC’s music television show Spicks and Specks.

His latest venture is hosting a home organ party – but on stage in front of hundreds of people. He will do this at Newcastle Civic Theatre’s Playhouse on May 14.

The safari suit-wearing organist from “the hills of Adelaide” said he is on a personal mission to not only share with audiences the joy of the organ, which he does with his vintage 1980s Hammond Aurora Classic, but to educate them as well.

“The pay off for me is when I see a punters face light up with excitement when they play an organ,” he said. “As subtle as it may be, they get so excited that they made that sound.”

Morgan said it was his mother, Nancy, who steered him toward playing the organ.

“My mother Nancy, bless her heart, was a church-going woman. Nancy found solace in the church,” he said. “She took me to church with her and the sound of the organ just reverberated all around me.

“I just heard the sound of the organ and was really attracted to it. Eventually Nancy bought me an organ and away I went.”

The older Morgan grew, the more he became involved in a music store near his home. When Nancy died, Morgan used the inheritance money to buy the music shop which he turned into Barry Morgan’s World of Organs.

Tickets to see Morgan at the Playhouse on May 14, available from civictheatrenewcastle.com.au, cost $50.

The Examiner has one double pass to give away to the Newcastle show, which starts at 8pm.

To win, send your name and daytime contact details in an email titled “Organ” to ewatts@fairfaxmedia.com.au. The winner will be notified by 5pm on Wednesday, May 11.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

cazatim
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
0%

Aries
Aries

Happy New Year Everyone

« Reply #1 : Monday 02 May 2016, 10:25:28 am »
Go Up

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Be Kind to one another,ELLEN DEGENERES.
Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0172 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 26 April 2024, 07:51:12 am from 18.226.226.186