QT Kids Competition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The Queensland Times (QT) _QT Kids Competition
The Promoter is The Queensland Times Pty Ltd (ABN 94 009 658 244), 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich, Queensland 4305. Telephone number: 07 3817 1733.
Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of the terms of entry. By entering this competition, Contestants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Contestants must be permanent Queensland residents and a QT Kids Club Member, aged 12 years and under to be eligible to enter.
Contestants under the age of 18 years at the time of entry must have parent/legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter.
If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
To enter, Contestants must cut out the image of the prize they would like to win from the QT Kids Club page. Images printed in The QT newspaper, Tuesday April 11, 2017.
The image must be original newsprint. Photocopies, scanned images, web/digital prints, reproductions or any other falsified artwork will not be accepted.
The image must be placed in an envelope and addressed to The QT – QT Kids Competition and the prize name written on the front of the envelope, then clearly write the name of the contestant, membership number and telephone number on the back; then:
Send to: PO Box 260, West Ipswich Qld 4305; or
Deliver to: 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld 4305.
Entries must be received within the Promotion Period (see Clause 13).
Contestants may submit more than one entry; However, can only win one prize in the competition.
One original image per standard envelope is deemed a valid entry.
While entry is free, the cost of delivering or posting entries is the responsibility of contestants.
The competition commences Tuesday April 11, 2017 and closes at 12:00pm AEST Friday April 21, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Entries received outside the Promotion Period will be deemed invalid and will not be entered in the competition.
Six (6) winners will be chosen by random draw from all valid entries received. The winners will receive one of the following prizes:
1 of 3 copies of the book: The World of Dinosaur ROAR Duo, RRP $29.98 each (incl. of GST).
1 of 3 copies of the book: X Marks the Spot, RRP $12.99 each (incl. of GST).
Total maximum retail value of the prize pool is $128.91(incl. of GST).
All prizes are valued inclusive of GST and listed Recommended Retail Price and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in item values.
Any taxes which may be payable as a consequence of a contestant winning a prize, are the sole responsibility of that winner.
Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be redeemed for cash.
If the specified prize becomes unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter may substitute a prize of similar nature and/or like or greater value.
The following persons are ineligible to enter. Contestants must be QT Kids members, aged 12 years of age and under.
Employees of, or contractors to, the Promoter as far as they are directly associated with this competition;
The spouse, de facto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), of such employees and contractors (whether or not they live in the same household);
Contestants who have used or attempted to use any more than one name in order to qualify to win any contest run by the Promoter except in the case of a legal change of name.
All Contestants acknowledge that even if the Promoter only learns of a person’s ineligibility after the Promoter has appeared to award the prize to the ineligible person, it may require the return of the prize or payment of its value to the Promoter to be dealt with as an unclaimed prize.
The prize winners will be selected via random draw from all valid entries submitted in the competition at The QT office, 260 Brisbane Street, West Ipswich Qld at 12:05pm AEST Friday April 21, 2017 and prizes awarded following winner verification. The winners will be contacted by telephone.
The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter in to correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes about the Promotion.
The winner’s details will be published on the QT Kids page on Tuesday April 25, 2017.
All Contestants acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to publicise and publish his/her name, character and likeness.
All contest winners must avail themselves for a photo if required by the Promoter and acknowledge that the Promoter has the right to utilise publicity photos in any reasonable manner it sees fit without compensation to the Contestant.
Prizes must be claimed by the winner in person (by Parent/legal guardian for minors) from The QT office and Government issued Photo ID is required to confirm identity and residency.
Any winner must present their QT Kids Club Membership Card and have a parent/legal guardian complete a Competition Release Form on their behalf to confirm collection of their prize.
All prizes must be picked up within 90 days (unless otherwise specified) of notification. It is the sole responsibility of the winner to claim their prize.
Prizes that remain uncollected 90 days after notification will be placed in a random uncollected prize redraw as per these Terms and Conditions and the redraw winners will be contacted by telephone.
PROMOTER’S LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
30. The Promoter is not responsible for the loss of prizes due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by a winner. The Promoter also takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen after they have been released to the winner or by delivery via postage or courier.
31. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes.
32. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained by any person and including, but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss because of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter, or its servants or agents, about the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to the prize winner(s) and, where applicable, to any persons accompanying the winners.
33. All entries become and remain the property of the Promoter and its related parties, subject to the limits contained in the Privacy Statement and as set out in these terms and conditions.
35. We collect and use that information to provide you with our goods and services and to promote and improve our goods and services. We may also share your information with our related companies and any of us may be in contact for those purposes (including email and SMS).
36. Where you have entered a competition, we may disclose your personal information to authorities if you are a prize winner or otherwise required by law.
37. Further information on how we handle personal information, how you can complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, how we deal with a complaint of that nature, how you can access or seek correction of your personal information and our contact details can be located at www.apnarm.com.au/privacy
38. To facilitate your participation, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion for marketing purposes. If you wish to opt out of sharing information with other companies, you can do this by writing to the Promoter at the address shown at Clause 1.