Watch The Living Room for your chance to WIN!
Discover Vietnam's natural beauty, contagious energy, unforgettable cuisine and friendly locals with this amazing holiday for two people valued at over $15,000!
2 nights at the 5 star Caravelle Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City
2 nights at the 4 star Anantara, Hoi An
2 night stay in Hanoi
A 1 night Halong Bay cruise
Cu Chi Tunnel day tour
Hanoi City half day tour
Return economy flights for 2 people from the winners nearest capital city to the flight departure cities Melbourne or Sydney
Return economy flights to Vietnam (via Melbourne or Sydney) with Vietnam Airlines
Start date: 21/04/2017 at 07:30 AEST Close Date: 01/05/2017 at 09:00 AEST Draw Date: 01/05/2017 10:00 AEST Total prize value: $15,000.00. Entry open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and older. Online limit, one entry per person per day. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 17/00685, NSW: LTPS/17/13195, SA:T17/637.TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Insider Journeys Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”), WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd and employees and families of associated agencies and companies or any organisation or
individual associated with the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Friday 21 April 2017 at 07:30 AEST and closes on Monday 1
May 2017 at 09:00 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN www.tenplay.com.au
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch The Living Room on Channel TEN from 7.30 pm AEST Friday 21 April and Friday 28
April, 2017 for the advertised code word, and
b. Log on to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) name,
address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become a TENPlay
6. It is free to become a TENPlay member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
8. A limit of one online entry per day per TENPlay member applies.
9. Entrants who have won a major prize in any Network Ten competition in the past 12 months are not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
10. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of The Living Room on Fridays, currently scheduled to air each Friday at 19:30 local time, from Friday 21 April 2017 to Friday 28 April
2017 inclusive. Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last code
word, announced on Friday 28 April 2017 will be valid until the competition closes on Monday 1 May 2017 at 09:00 am AEST.
11. If for any reason during the Competition Period any of The Living Room episodes do not go to air and the promotional code word is not displayed during any of The Living Room episodes or replacement program, the promotional code word may be made available on the Channel Ten Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/channelten
at a time to be determined by the Promoter, in its sole discretion.
12. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word has been provided for the
corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a code word that has expired, due to a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
13. Entries must be received by Monday 1 May 2017 at 09:00 AEST to be included in the Prize
Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered
into the Prize Draw.
14. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd, will not be responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this.
Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
17. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN, WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world in perpetuity and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
18. The Prize Draw will be held on Monday 1 May 2017 at 10:00 AEST at Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide SA 5000.
19. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in writing and the winner’s details will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au
from Tuesday 2 May 2017.
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
21. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street, Adelaide, South Australia 5000 on Tuesday 1 August 2017 at 10:00 AEST. The
unclaimed prize winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and winner’s details
will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Wednesday 2 August 2017.
Insider Journeys Competition TCs 180417 Page 3 of 8
22. There will be one (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win the following prize package:
Number Prize Details AUD Value at up to
1 x Major Prize
Return economy flights for two (2) people from the winners
nearest capital centre to the flight departure cities
Melbourne, Victoria or Sydney, NSW
Return economy flights for two (2) people with Vietnam
Airlines from either Melbourne or Sydney to Ho Chi Minh,
Vietnam. Flights will return from Vietnam to the original
departure city, either Melbourne or Sydney.
Two (2) nights’ accommodation at Caravelle Hotel Ho Chi
Cu Chi Tunnel day tour
Two (2) nights’ accommodation at Anantara Hoi An May
Two (2) nights’ accommodation at Melia Hotel in Hanoi
One (1) night Halong Bay cruise and Hanoi city half day tour
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE AT UP TO - AUD $15,000.00
23. The total Prize Pool is valued at up to $15,000.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. These are the
responsibility of the winner.
25. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion are responsible for all other expenses
including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified in the prize inclusions) but is highly recommended.
26. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize the Winner is not entitled to, is not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
27. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the winner.
28. The Major Prize travel must be completed by Saturday 31 March 2018 and must be booked no later than Friday 15 December 2017, is subject to availability, and is based on two (2) people Insider Journeys Competition TCs 180417 Page 4 of 8 sharing a twin/double room. Specified accommodation, restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be offered dependent on availability.
29. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
30. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any prize damaged, delayed or lost in transit during its delivery to the Major Prize Winner
31. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
32. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Major Prize Winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
33. In the event that for any reason whatsoever the Major Prize Winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
34. Personal information about the Major Prize Winner will be shared with the prize provider, and their agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the Major Prize Winner.
35. If the Major Prize winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the winner will have no further claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
36. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply
unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include
Christmas, Easter, summer holidays and Friday 8 December 2017 – Saturday 20 January 2018.
37. Travel is valid until Saturday 31 March 2018. Winners who do not complete the travel by this date will no longer be entitled to their Major Prize and the Major Prize becomes null and void. The Major Prize Winner must advise The Promoter of their intended dates of travel by Friday 15 December 2017.
38. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable
without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred
as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the winner and their travelling companion.
39. The Major Prize winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must
depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the winner’s responsibility to organise transfers and cover associated costs to and from the winner and their travelling companion’s residence and nearest capital city.
40. The Major Prize Winner, and/or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card in order to check-in at the hotels as a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges. Insider Journeys Competition TCs 180417 Page 5 of 8
41. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion.
In the event that a winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any
subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the winner.
The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their
current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. The Promoter
is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any
costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion as a result (including accommodation
costs) will be the responsibility of the winner.
42. Network TEN, WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, www.dfat.gov.au
43. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure they have valid travel documentation,
including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of
immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any necessary visas,
vaccinations, passports and any associated costs are the responsibility of the winner and their
travelling companion. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of
such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole
responsibility of the travellers.
44. The Major Prize Winner, and their travelling companion, must be in possession of a valid 5 or 10 year passport, and must have a minimum of 90 days validity remaining on the passport for the duration of the prize holiday.
45. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time of booking.
46. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
47. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
48. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions to be a valid winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to reallocate the Major Prize to a valid winner.
49. WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd, the Producers of The Living Room, may wish to film the
participants receiving their prize or participating in the winner announcement. The winner
permits the winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the
winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN, WTFN or the
advertising or marketing thereof, in all media whatsoever throughout the world in perpetuity
and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use. The winner may need to make
Insider Journeys Competition TCs 180417 Page 6 of 8 themselves available for filming at a date nominated by WTFN with details to be determined in conjunction with WTFN.
50. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media editorial requests, including, but not limited to, those by WTFN
Entertainment Pty Ltd, relating to the prize and including, but not limited to, being interviewed
and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the prize. The Major
Prize Winner and their travelling companion will not be entitled to any remuneration for such
media editorial requests.
51. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to government legislation.
52. If your entry is selected as a winning entry, validation of your entry will be undertaken by the Promoter. The method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance, the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting the prize the winner signs any such legal documentation.
53. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoters)due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
54. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoters, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government
55. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
Insider Journeys Competition TCs 180417 Page 7 of 8
56. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
58. WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd (Producers of The Living Room) may wish to film the participants receiving their prize or participating in the winner announcement. The entrant gives permission for the filmed vision to be used by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd on-air during the broadcast of The Living Room on Network TEN, online and through unlimited social media platforms and any repeat episodes. The winner/s may need to make themselves available for filming at a date nominated by WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd, with details to be determined in conjunction with WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd.
59. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to WTFN
Entertainment Pty Ltd, Mercury Mobility Pty Ltd and MultiChannel Network Pty Ltd. Your
personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’
names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public
statements and advertisements, The Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial
and State. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the
Promoter. If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
complaints. We may disclose your personal information to related entities and third party
service providers outside Australia.
61. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont NSW 2009.
62. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 17/00685, NSW: LTPS/17/13195, SA: T17/637.