Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 29 March 2024, 01:36:22 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,635 comps and freebies worth over $24,216,640.94 listed

That's over twenty four million, two hundred and sixteen thousand, six hundred and fourty dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014517 Total Posts (444350 Searchable Posts) in 296755 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1/2 Kindle Fire & 100 Days of Solitude [giveaway]/RC
Entry Details
  • Kindle Fire & Book     Closing Date: Monday 26 June 2017

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Electronics & Technology 
Prizes may include Computers, Game Consoles, Phone, TV, Stereo etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1/2 Kindle Fire & 100 Days of Solitude [giveaway]/RC  (Read 122 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Tuesday 20 June 2017, 08:42:21 am »
Go Up

http://giveawayguy.blogspot.com.au/2017/06/kindle-fire-daphne-kapsali-giveaway.html#.WUhS6OiGM5g

Kindle Fire & 100 Days of Solitude [giveaway]

Do you like strange things? Maybe a bit philosophical? This featured author is for you.

Author Daphne Kapsali was born in Athens in 1978, but that was a bit of a mistake on the part of the universe, because she’s actually a Londoner. And she's very nice if you decide to contact her.

When Daphne realized she was a writer, she promptly made herself homeless and unemployed to spend a few months living alone on a small Greek island and writing full-time. Are you imagining those picturesque villas by the water you see on travel sites and stuff? If you are, it's not quite like that.

100 Days of Solitude is a book that has inspired thousands of people to claim the time and space they need to find themselves and live their best lives. It's a personal journey that inadvertently became an accidental self-help guide to doing what you love and living as your true self.

100 Days of Solitude started off as a blog, a way for Daphne to record her experience of spending 100 days living alone on a small island, and to write every day. It was a personal project, an exercise in self-discipline and accountability, but it soon took on a life of its own.

The blog was read by hundreds of people on a daily basis, and the project was funded by a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter. The project ended in 2014, and 100 Days of Solitude, a collection of all one hundred daily entries, was subsequently released as a book.

Wanna go inside the mind of the author? Time for an interview with Daphne Kapsali...

What inspires you to write?
Everyday life. Something I saw, something that happened, something I thought about, or something somebody said. It's usually minor things that could easily go unnoticed and unremarked upon, but through the act of paying them attention they often take on another significance and become meaningful. I enjoy finding these connections between the little things that are all around us and the bigger things that If you approach life - and writing - this way, there is always something to inspire you and some insight to be gleaned.

How long does it take you to write a book, on average?
It depends. My first book, 100 days of solitude, took exactly 100 days to write. My novel, you can't name an unfinished thing, was also written in just under four months. My latest book, For Now, is a collection of stories written over nine months, and there are other things I've been working on for years and they're still not quite done. There's a lot of pressure to be prolific these days, and the urge to compare yourself to others, but everyone has their own pace, and we need to respect that and not try to force it out quicker than it wants to come. I think when a book is ready, you know it, and it will take exactly as much time as it needs.

What are you working on right now?
I'm sort of in between books at the moment. I published one recently, and with the preparation that went into it and the promotional work I had to do once it was released, I've fallen out of my writing routine. So I'm trying not to panic, and spending my time on what I call "admin" - marketing and promotion, mostly - while other stuff is brewing in the back of my mind. There's a book I've been working on for years, and which is still resisting me, that I'm gently nudging towards publication. And there's the little things that I write about, as and when they occur to me, and that will eventually culminate in another collection of essays.

What's the best writing tip you can offer an aspiring author?
Just write the stuff that you love to write. Regardless of what the market demands and what sells and what you think you should be writing. Put the best of yourself into your writing so that you can put out the best work you can, no matter what your genre or your subject matter or your style. If you're genuine and you love what you do, that will come through, and your work will find its audience. Back this up with hope, relentless optimism and a little bit of delusion, and you'll be fine.

What's a book written by another author everyone should read in their lifetime?
If I had to pick just one, it would be To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee. It can teach you what it means to be human.

Daphne Kapsali and I have partnered up to give away a couple items. There will be two winners - one lucky Giveaway Guy reader will win a copy of 100 Days of Solitude, and another reader will win a Kindle Fire.

Enter to win using the Rafflecopter form below. You may share on Twitter once a day for extra points for the duration of the giveaway.

This giveaway is open to users worldwide. Two winners will be randomly selected via Rafflecopter, which I will contact by email after entries are verified. The winners will have 24 hours to respond, otherwise a new winner will be selected.

Disclosure: I was provided a complimentary product in exchange for my review. All opinions are my own.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 29 March 2024, 01:36:22 pm from 44.192.75.131