Buy a Choc Top and scratch to Win Free Movies for a Year
Only at Event Cinemas do you have the chance to win a year of free movies each time you purchase a delicious creamy Choc Top.
Do you have what it takes? Grab your favourite flavour and simply scratch the playing card and you could WIN! The grand prize is FREE MOVIES for a year to be won at every participating cinema! There’s never been a better reason to treat yourself at the movies. Get ready and bite into a choc top today.
Not an instant winner? Enter our 2nd chance draw.https://www.eventcinemas.com.au/Promotions/GoldenChocTop
Not an instant winner? Enter our 2nd chance draw
ALL STATES EXCEPT FOR VIC & TAS.
Terms & Conditions:
Competition (“Promotion”) Conditions of Entry
1. Information on how to enter the Promotion and the prize form part of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Entry into this Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
The Promotion is open to individuals who:
i. are residents of Australia (excluding Victoria & Tasmania);
ii. are 16 years old or over;
iii. are not employees (or immediate family of such employees) of the Promoter, or any
of its related corporations or any of the agencies associated with the Promotion
(including suppliers of the prize); and
iv. have not been discovered to have breached Conditions of Entry of previous
contests run by the Promoter,
An immediate family member means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child, parent, step-parent, grandparent, step- grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
All individuals who are younger than 18 years of age must first obtain their parent or guardian’s approval prior to entering this Promotion. If the winner of a prize is younger than 18 years the prize will be awarded to their parent or guardian on their behalf.
3. By entering this Promotion, Entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry. It is a condition of entry that Entrants are able to accept the prizes as stated. Inability to accept a prize as stated, on the dates indicated, will deem the participant an ineligible Entrant and any prize won will be forfeited.
4. All prices stated are in Australian dollars, represent the recommended retail price (“RRP”) and include GST. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Sydney, which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) or Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time (AEDT) depending on the date. All times are stated using the 24-hour clock.
5. The promotion commences on Thursday 10 August 2017 at 00.01am (AEST) and concludes
on Tuesday 31 October 2017 at 23:59 (AEST) (“Promotion Period”).
6. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for any ineligible or lost entries or entries submitted or received by the Promoter after the closing date. Entries that do not comply with these terms and conditions are incomplete, or submitted or received by the Promoter after the closing date will be declared void.
Claims for all Runner Up Prizes (ie: 100 Instant Free Chop Tops at each Participating Cinema) must be received by the Promoter prior to Thursday 30 November 2017 at 17:00
8. The winners of the Major Site Prize (ie: Year of Movies - 104 traditional movie tickets) at each Participating Cinema will be
relying on contact details provided by the Entrant. The winner of the National Major Prize Draw will be contacted by email on or shortly after 1 December 2017, relying on the contact details provided by the Entrant.
9. Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
10. UNCLAIMED PRIZE DRAW: The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the National Major Prize Draw or re-issue the Major Site Prize in respect of any Participating Cinema in the event of an Entrant failing to comply with these terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming the prize by Thursday 1 February 2018. If a prize remains unclaimed by that date, a second chance draw will be held at 12.00pm (AEDT) on Thursday 15 February 2018 at the Promoter’s offices at 478 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Disposal of any unclaimed prize may be made subject to any written directions given by any government authority and pursuant to any relevant legislation. An unclaimed prize draw winner will be contacted by phone and email immediately, and published online (eventcinemas.com.au) on Monday 19 February 2018.
HOW TO ENTER
11. To enter the Promotion an Entrant will be required to:
i. Purchase any choctop during the Promotional Period from a participating cinema
contacted by email once their claim form is received,
and will be published online (eventcinemas.com.au) on Monday 4 December 2017,
specified on the dedicated Promotion webpages on the www.eventcinemas.com.au
iv. v. vi.
scratch card. The scratch card will have a latex area that can be scratched off. Under this latex area, there will be one of three sentences; Second chance draw,
to receive an enclosed
Year of Movies or Free Choctop. Win the corresponding prize if applicable.
Claims for the Major Site Prize (ie: Year of Movies -104
each Participating Cinema must be made in person to the Area General Manager, General Manager or Duty Manager at the Participating Cinema where the choc top
A prize validation form will be given to the winner who must present the winning scratch card to the manager on duty. The prize validation form must be completed
with personal details including full name, address, phone number and email address.
This form along with winning scratch card and receipt of purchase must be
presented. The Promoter may photocopy the receipt of purchase.
Winners must keep winning scratch card and receipt in safe place, as these may
need to be presented at any time during the process period.
Claims for instant free choc tops may be made in person at any Participating
Cinema prior to Thursday 30 November 2017 17:00 (AEST). Winners must surrender
winning scratch card at time of claiming prize at Scoop Alley/Candy Bar.
12. Any cost associated with accessing the Promotion website is the Entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & VERIFICATION
13. All entries in the Promotion may be subject to verification by the Promoter, including:
i. Entrants MUST retain their receipt of purchase (evidencing their Qualifying Purchase) for all entries submitted as proof of purchase (“Proof of Purchase”) and winning scratch card. Entrants may be required to, within 7 days of being asked to do so, send their Proof of Purchase to the Promoter in order to validate their entry. A reply paid address will be provided to Entrants. Entrants must also retain a photocopy of the Proof of Purchase submitted for verification purposes. The Promoter recommends that Entrants send their Proof of Purchase via registered post, however this is not a
Condition of Entry; and
ii. All Entrants MUST also deliver to the Promoter (by a means reasonably determined by
the Promoter) copies of any other documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win the Promotion, including but not limited to evidence of age, residence or identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an Entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter’s request, an Entrant MUST also, within 7 days of being asked to do so, allow the Promoter to inspect a copy of the original of any such document.
14. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, disqualify any Entrant and declare any or all entries made by an Entrant invalid if Entrant/s:
i. Tampers with the entry process, including use of any automated entry software or
any other mechanical or electronic means that permit the Entrant to automatically
enter repeatedly; or
ii. Tampers with the operation of the Promotion or web site or found to be using
multiple aliases, household addresses or email addresses; or
iii. Acts in a disruptive manner; or
iv. Fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Promotion to the Promoter’s
reasonable satisfaction; or
v. Fails to produce items as required or produces items that, in the Promoter’s opinion,
are illegible, stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in
any way; or
vi. Acts in violation of these Conditions of Entry.
15. One entry per eligible Product Purchase (choc top). All Entrants must retain their original receipts to validate proof of purchase during the promotional period. Such evidence must, on request by the Promoter, be provided to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, to demonstrate that the Entrant has complied with these Terms and Conditions. Any Entrant found to be sharing any receipt or other proof to demonstrate Proof of Purchase with any other Entrant, whether or not related in any way, will have all entries invalidated and will not be able to claim a prize. If such an Entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the Entrant must immediately return any
awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any Entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter may conduct an immediate redraw if the first drawn entrant is unable to satisfy this clause.
All non-winning scratch cards may be entered in the National Major Prize Draw. Eligible Entrants must log onto http://evc.ec/goldenchoctop
and enter all required fields to be included in the draw and announced on 1 December 2017. The winner will be notified in writing within 2 business days of the draw.
17. Entrants can only enter in their own name.
18. Entries are deemed to be received at the time of presentation of winning scratch card at the Participating Cinema where the choc top was purchased and NOT the time of purchasing choc top.
19. Incomplete, illegible or incorrect entries, entries which are not in the required format or which contain offensive of defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win the prize.
20. There are one hundred (100) Runner Up Prizes and one (1) Major Site Prize to be won at each Participating Cinema, and one (1) Major Prize to be won nationally.
21. Winning scratch cards from each Participating Cinema across Australia will win:
Major Site Prize details:
Year of Movies - Equates to two traditional tickets each week for a one year (104 tickets in total).
Total maximum retail value of the Major Site Prize at each Participating Cinema is: AUD$2,184.00, or
Runner Up prizes:
100 scratch cards from each Participating Cinema across Australia will win:
Instant Free choc tops - one choc top available per winning scratch card
Total maximum retail value of the Runner Up Prize is AUD$5.90
Total maximum retail value of the [Censored] for each Participating Cinema is AUD$2,774.00
National Major Prize details:
One national prize of a Year of Movies - Equates to two traditional tickets each week for a one year (104 tickets in total).
Total maximum retail value of the Major Prize is: AUD$2,184.00
All non-winning Scratch cards have the chance to win in the national Major Prize Draw:
National Major Prize Draw:
All Entrants who have a non-winning scratch card may enter online at http://evc.ec/goldenchoctop
to be entered in the national Major Prize Draw which will take place at MDSA, 15 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay at 2:00pm (AEST) on 1 December 2017. The Major winner will be contacted by phone and in writing by email relying on contact details provided by the entrant and their name will be announced in The Australian newspaper on 8 December 2017.
All eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will be entered in the National Major Prize Draw. The first eligible entry drawn, on the date outlined above, will receive the National Major Prize Draw prize which is a Year of Movies – and comprises two traditional tickets each week for one year (104 tickets in total). Total maximum retail value of the National Major Prize Draw prize is: AUD$2,184.00.
Maximum retail value of the total prize pool is AUD$182,494.
Prize values are accurate as at Thursday 1 June 2017. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any change in prize value. The winner is not entitled to receive any money from any party if there is a difference between the maximum prize value and the actual prize value at the time of the draw. All prize elements are subject to availability and changes. Vmax and 3D surcharges apply. Not valid for Gold Class or Special Events. Winner will be provided with a Cinebuzz Card with photo ID and must be presented to redeem tickets. Maximum of two tickets can only be used in any one booking.
24. Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
The winners of the Major Site Prize at each Participating Cinema and the winner of the National Major Prize Draw must use all 104 traditional movie tickets in 12 months from date of receiving prize.
26. The prize is not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other goods or services nor can it be re-sold or taken in parts. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value, performance, or availability of the prize. The Promoter reserves the right to amend or substitute the advertised prize for a prize of equivalent or greater retail value if, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter is not able to give the prize- winner the advertised prize, subject to State legislation. Any incidental costs relating to the prize are the responsibility of the winner.
27. As a condition of accepting a prize, the winner and companions must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize Providers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
28. If the winner selected is deemed not to comply with the terms and conditions of this Promotion, their entry will be declared invalid and a new winner will be drawn in the Unclaimed Prize Draw in accordance with paragraph 10.
29. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
30. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant and/or prize winner in connection with the Promotion or prizes, including:
i. Any indirect, economic or consequential loss or loss of profits;
ii. Any loss arising from the negligence of the Promoter, its associated companies and
iii. Any liability for personal injury or death.
31. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought by the winner.
32. The Promoter, other entities associated with this competition and their related bodies corporate, and each of their officers, employees and agents shall not be liable for and shall be held harmless in respect of any loss, damage, or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or sustained, as a result of or arising from the winner’s acceptance and use of the prize, except to the extent that any such liability cannot be excluded by law.
33. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. Acceptance of the prize is deemed to be acceptance by the winner of these terms and conditions and approval to use the winner’s name and photograph for publicity purposes, unless specifically requested by the winner not to do so at the time of entering the competition. Further, the winner may
be required to participate in a media interview/s and/ or other promotional engagement as determined by the Promoter.
34. If the competition does not run for its duration due to, but not limited to, computer viruses, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the Promoter’s control that corrupts or affects administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. The Promoter will not be responsible for:
i. Malfunction, delay or traffic congestion on any telephone network or line, computer on-line system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or website;
ii. Failure of any entry to be received by the Promoter as a result of those matters; nor
iii. Any injury or damage to entrants or any other person related to or resulting from participation in the competition or downloading any materials relating to the competition.
35. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
36. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the Promotion on the dates and in the manner described in these Conditions of Entry, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel or reschedule the Promotion, subject to state legislation.
37. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this Promotion, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this Promotion including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of claims.
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Conditions of Entry, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
39. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
40. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
i. any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise; or
ii. any technical difficulties with the entry mechanism and does not warrant that the entry mechanism will be available at all times; or
iii. any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications; or
iv. any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Promotion; or
v. Any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Promotion.
CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
41. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruptions, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission; communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserve the right to take any action that may be available.
42. All claims and any copyright subsisting in the claims become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information about Entrants to include Entrants in the promotion and where appropriate award any offer. If the personal information requested is not provided, the Entrant may not participate in the promotion. By participating in the promotion, each Entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of Entrants’ personal information by the Promoter is to enable the Promoter to use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact Entrants in the future with information on special offers or provide Entrants with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages (SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. The Promoter may share information with its Australian related companies who may contact Entrants with relevant special offers in this way. Personal information may also be accessed by the Promoter’s marketing and website service providers for the purpose of processing and conducting the promotion and assisting with marketing communications. By entering the promotion, each Entrant agrees that the Promoter may use Entrants’ personal information in this manner. Entrants can also request to gain access to, update or correct any personal information by contacting the Promoter at the address or phone number below. Entrants wishing to opt out of the Promoter’s marketing communications can also use the address or phone number below. All personal information will be stored at the office or in the databases of the Promoter.
FUTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
43. Printing and other quality-control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize
claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured. Scratch cards are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
44. There will be a total of instant win game cards printed for this Promotion. Printer details: Fast Print Pty Ltd. 87 Baxter Road, Mascot NSW 2020 ABN39 106 733 635.
Printing and other quality control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Scratch Cards are void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
All valid claims for prizes will be met notwithstanding that the advertised prize pool has been exceeded. Printing errors or other quality control matters will not be used as the sole basis for refusing to award a prize.
45. The Promoter is The Greater Union Organisation Pty Ltd (ABN 99 000 024 439), 478 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, 02 9373 6600.
46. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/15494, ACT Permit No. TP17/01251 & SA Licence No. T17/1191.