Swisse Chemist Warehouse Chance to Win a Million Promotion
Trade Promotion: Game of Chance
Schedule to Conditions of Entry
Swisse Chemist Warehouse Chance to Win a Million Promotion
The Trustee for ADMINISTRATION & MARKETING SOLUTIONS TRUST ABN 51 478 959 793located at 44-≠54 Raglan St, Preston VIC 3072 (Promoter)
Authorised under state permits:
ACT TP 17/01525
All Australian States and Territories.
The Promotion starts on 25/09/2017 at 00:00:01 AEST.
The Promotion closes on 29/10/2017 at 23:59:59 AEDT. No entries will be accepted after this time.
Entry is available to residents of Australia aged 18 years or over.
Any participating Chemist Warehouse store, My Chemist stores, Discount Vitamin Warehouse store nationally.
All Swisse branded products
To enter, individuals must, during the Promotion Period:
1. Purchase any one (1) Swisse Participating Product in one transaction from a Participating Store (Qualifying Purchase); and
2. Retain the product packaging and store receipt from their Qualifying Purchase (together, the Proof of Purchase), and register their entry by going to www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/swissewin
(the Website) and complete the onlineentry form as required.
Time of entry will be the time that the entry is received by the Promoter.
Maximum Number of Entries
You can enter up to 6 times per person, and only once per Qualifying Product. Each entry must be submitted separately, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Prize Draw: random electronic selection from all valid entries received during the Promotion Period.
Time: 11:00AM on 31/10/2017 AEDT.
Location: Immediate Marketing at 191 Ferrars St, Southbank, VIC, 3006.
Prize Winner: the first complete, eligible entry drawn.
Additional reserve entries may be drawn in the Prize Draw and recorded in order, in case the winning entry/entrant is deemed invalid, or the prize is unclaimed (Reserve Entrants).
Entrants must retain their Proof of Purchase for each Qualifying Purchase made. Prize winners must produce their Proof of Purchase prior to a prize being awarded.
The Prize comprises the following:
∑ If the winner lives outside of Victoria they will be provided with
o return, economy class, domestic flights for two (2) people to Melbourne, VIC departing from the nearest airport to the winnerís home, servicing flights to Melbourne (up to $800 per person); and
o one (1) nights' twin share accommodation for two (2) people in a 4 star hotel, including return transfers between the airport and accommodation and return transfers to the Event (up to $1000). No untaken part of the prize is redeemable for cash.
∑ The Winner will have the opportunity to attend an event in Melbourne between 6/11/2017 and 16/12/2017 at 111 Cambridge Street, Collingwood VIC 3066(the Event). The Promoter will liaise with the Winner regarding the actual date of the Event, and will organize travel andaccommodation bookings At the Event, the Winner will be given the chance to choose one envelope from a set of 100 envelopes. One of the envelopes will contain a note saying ďYou have won $1,000,000Ē and the remaining 99 envelopes will contain a note saying ďYou have won a consolation prize of $10,000Ē. If the Winner selects the $1,000,000 envelope they will receive a Prize of $1,000,000. If they selects a $10,000 envelope they will receive a Prize of $10,000. The Winner will only have one chance to select a prize envelope. The event will be run by an independent representative from the insurance company underwriting the million dollar prize and their instructions must be followed at all times and their decision is final.
∑ The Winner will receive a cheque for the winning amount selected within 28 days of the Event.
Should the Winner be unable to travel to Melbourne to participate in the Event, they may nominate a suitable proxy to act on their behalf within the time period specified by the Promoter. If the Winner nominates a proxy, they accept all decisions made by the proxy. For the purposes of these Conditions of Entry, all references to the Winner will also be deemed to apply to the Winner's proxy, if relevant. The proxy must be:
∑ aged 18 years or over;
∑ able to take the prize to coincide with the Event date;
∑ accept and agree to be bound by these Conditions of Entry and any additional conditions provided by the Promoter or event organiser/s, prize supplier/s and must sign any document the Promoter requires for this purpose; and
accept that they will not receive any cash prizes on behalf of the Winner.
Total Prize Pool
Total prize pool is valued at up to $1,002,600.00 (incl. GST).
Prize Verification and Delivery
If requested by the Promoter, provisional prize winners may be required to send the original copy of their Proof of Purchase (corresponding to all entries submitted during the Promotion Period) to the Promoter (following the instructions set out in the notification message), before they will be awarded their prize.
If in the opinion of the Promoter, Proof of Purchase has been shared between any entrants, those entrantsí entries may be deemed invalid and they will lose any right to a prize.
Entrants may be required to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency to verify their entry (Proof of Identity). Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoterís discretion. Failure to provide Proof of Identity on request may result in an entrants entries being deemed invalid at the Promoterís discretion. Entering under a false name/s may invalidate all entries. Multiple entries under different names and or different emails from the same residential addressís may also invalidate all entries at the Promoterís discretion, unless all original itemised receipts can be produced. If a prize winner complies with these Terms and Conditions, and the Promoter verifies and accepts their entry in accordance with these Terms and conditions, the Promoter will deliver the prizes within 28 days of the Event.
Notification of Winners
The Winner will be contacted in writing via email and by telephone within 2 days of the Prize Draw. The Winnerís name will be published on the competition web site www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/swissewin
for 30 days from 01/11/2017.
Prize Claim Date
The Prize must be claimed (and the Winner's attendance at the Event confirmed) by 10:00AM on 03/11/2017 AEDT
Unclaimed Prize Arrangements
In the event the Prize is unclaimed or the Winner has not confirmed their attendance at the Event by the Prize Claim Date above, their entry will be deemed invalid and and the Promoter will re-award the Prize to Reserve Entrant/s and/or conduct an unclaimed prize draw at:
Time: 11:00AM on 03/11/2017 AEDT.
Location: 191 Ferrars St, Southbank, VIC, 3006.
Any such new winner will be contacted in writing by email and by telephone within two (2) business days and their name will be published on the competition web site www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/swissewin
for 30 days from 03/11/2017.
Trade Promotion: Game of Chance
Conditions of Entry
1. These Conditions of Entry incorporate and must be read together with the Schedule for this Promotion. The Schedule prevails to the extent of any inconsistency with these Conditions of Entry. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. Any capitalised terms used in these Conditions of Entry have the meaning given in the Schedule, except where stated otherwise.
3. If this is a consumer promotion, entry to the Promotion is open to residents of the Relevant State/s who meet the Entry Restrictions (if any).
4. Directors, management, employees, officers and contractors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter or of the agencies or organisations associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. ďImmediate familiesĒ means spouse, parent, natural or adopted child, and sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household as the director, manger, employee, officer or contractor.
5. The Promotion will be conducted during the Promotion Period.
6. To enter the Promotion, entrants must complete the Entry Procedure during the Promotion Period.
7. Entries may only be submitted in accordance with the Entry Procedure and will not be accepted by the Promoter in any other form. Computer generated or other automated entries will not be accepted. Once submitted, entries may not be altered or deleted.
8. Entrants may enter the Promotion up to the Maximum Number of Entries. Multiple entries (where permitted) must be submitted separately and must each separately meet any product purchase requirement specified in the Entry Procedure (if applicable).
9. Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period. Online, SMS and other electronic entries are deemed to have been received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
10. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these Conditions of Entry. For the purposes of these content requirements, ďentry contentĒ includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion.
11. Incomplete and ineligible entries will be deemed invalid. Entries will also be deemed invalid if they breach these Conditions of Entry as determined by the Promoter in its sole discretion or any other content guidelines notified by the Promoter during the entry process for the Promotion.
12. Entries must be the entrantís original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrantís original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoterís satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid.
13. An entrantís entry must not include:
a. any image or voice of any other person without that personís express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
b. any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is obscene, offensive, potentially defamatory, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
c. any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-≠visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
14. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-≠down any part of an entrantís entry.
15. By submitting an entry to the Promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all rights in the entry to the Promoter and consents to the Promoter using the entry in any manner the Promoter wishes (including modifying, adapting or publishing the entry, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all), by way of all media, without payment to the entrant (of royalties, compensation or otherwise). By submitting an entry, each entrant consents to any dealings with the entry that may otherwise infringe their moral rights in the entry. The Promoter may copy any content submitted as part of an entry, cause the content to be seen and/or heard in public, and communicate the content to the public. It may also allow third parties to do these things.
16. If the Promotion involves a challenge/event, the challenge/event will be conducted as specified in the Entry Procedure. Entrants (and other challenge/event participants, if applicable) must comply with any reasonable directions or guidelines notified to them in connection with the challenge/event. If an entrant or challenge/event participant is under 18 years of age, they must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian before being able to participate in the challenge/event.
17. Unless otherwise specified, entrants and challenge/event participants are responsible for making their own way to and from the challenge/event, at their own cost.
Facebook and Social Media promotions
18. If the Promotion is conducted via the Facebook Platform:
a. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
b. Entrants acknowledge that any information they provide in connection with the Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
c. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook.
d. Entrants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising in respect of the Promotion.
Determining and notifying winners
19. The Prize Draw(s) (if applicable) will be conducted in accordance with the Draw Details. The prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entry or entries (as applicable) randomly drawn in accordance with the Prize Details.
20. If the Promotion includes instant win prizes, the instant win prize(s) will be awarded to the valid entry or entries (as applicable) in accordance with the Entry Procedure.
21. Winners will be notified as specified in the Schedule and their name and State/Territory of residence will be published in accordance with the Schedule. The Promoter and the companies and agencies associated with this Promotion may also publish the name and State/Territory of winners on their website(s) and in trade publications. By entering this Promotion, each entrant requests that his or her full address not be published.
22. The prize(s) are specified in the Prize Details. The prize(s) are subject to any restrictions specified in the Schedule. The total prize pool is specified in the Schedule.
23. If a prize includes vouchers, the vouchers are only valid until the voucher expiry date specified on the voucher or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
24. If a prize includes tickets, the tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not be liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
25. If a prize includes travel, the travel itinerary for the prize is to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and may be subject to change. The prize must be booked and completed as specified by the Promoter or by the supplier of the prize. If the prize is event based, any travel provided as part of the prize must be taken on the dates specified by the Promoter to coincide with the event. The prize is subject to booking and availability, and is subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the relevant providers. All costs associated with a travel prize which are not expressly stated in the Schedule to be included, including spending money, passport and visa costs, additional transfer costs, meals, taxes, insurance, luggage costs and all other ancillary costs, are the responsibility of the winner. The winner and any travelling companion(s) must depart and return at the same time using the same air carrier. The winner and any travelling companion(s) are responsible for ensuring they have all necessary travel insurance (if not included in the prize) and documents to travel to the relevant place(s) (including passports and visas, if required). Any alterations or extensions to confirmed prize details must be approved in advance by the Promoter (at its sole discretion) and will be at the expense of the winner. The Promoter is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel prize and any costs incurred by the winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the winner. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
26. Participation in a prize may be subject to such other terms and conditions as may be imposed by those involved in providing the goods and services included in the prize (Third Party Terms).The winner and any nominated companion (if applicable) participating in the prize are responsible for compliance with all applicable Third Party Terms and bear all risks associated with failure to comply with any of them. The Promoter assumes no liability (and will provide no compensation) to the winner and/or nominated companion who, as a result of any failure to comply with any Third Party Terms:
a. Is unable to participate in the prize (or any part of it); or
b. Suffers any loss or damage.
27. If one of the people taking or participating in a prize is under 18 years of age, a parent or legal guardian of the winner must be present for the duration of the prize, as one of the participants. The Promoter reserves the right to appoint a chaperone to accompany the participants taking the prize. The participants agree to the chaperone being present with them for the duration of the prize and agree to comply with any reasonable directions or guidelines notified to them by the Promoter or their chaperone.
28. Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date in accordance with any claim instructions set out in the Schedule.
29. If this Promotion involves instant win tickets such as specially marked product wrappers or scratchies, winners must present their winning ticket to be eligible to claim a prize. The Promoter is not responsible for late, lost, destroyed, altered, damaged or defaced tickets. Bona fide tickets may incorporate security and/or verification measures to guard against fraud. The Promoter and the suppliers of prizes may conduct security and/or verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine whether a ticket is bona fide. A ticket is void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way or if it or any part of it fails any of the security or verification checks. Printing errors and other quality control errors will not be used as the sole basis for refusing prize claims. If the advertised instant win prize pool is exceeded, all valid claims for prizes will be met.
30. If a prize is not accepted or claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the relevant winnerís entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to distribute the unclaimed prizes in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements specified in the Schedule, subject to any directions given by any relevant authority. Winners of unclaimed prizes will be notified and have their names and State/Territory of residence published in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
31. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
32. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid, and prohibit further participation by an entrant in this Promotion, if the entrant:
a. fails to verify their personal details and/or eligibility to enter the Promotion to the Promoter's satisfaction;
b. tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion;
c. submits an entry which in the Promoter's opinion is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry;
d. acts in a disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or
e. engages in conduct in entering the Promotion which in the Promoterís opinion is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes where entrants share receipts or product labels to enter the Promotion or where entrants use multiple names or addresses to register multiple entries.
33. Entrants must comply with the Verification Requirements. The Promoter may require entrants to provide these to the Promoter or its agent as part of the entry verification or prize claim process. Failure to provide these to the Promoterís satisfaction will result in the relevant entry being declared invalid (and, at the Promoterís discretion, in all of the entrantís entries being declared invalid).
34. All entries will be the property of the Promoter and will not be returned.
35. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and, except for cash prizes, cannot be redeemed for cash or any other form of compensation. The value of each prize is accurate as at the time of preparation of this material. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of a prize after that date. If a prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute it for another item of equal or higher value, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required. If a winner does not take an element of a prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and neither cash nor any other form of compensation will be supplied in lieu of that element of the Prize. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if any prize (or any part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
36. If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (or their companion(s), if applicable) must sign (or procure that their parent/guardian signs) an indemnity and exclusion of liability form provided by the Promoter, in favour of the Promoter and all parties involved in this Promotion and/or providing the prize, before they participate in the Promotion and/or the prize. If they or their parent/guardian do not sign that form within the time specified by the Promoter, they will not be able to participate and the relevant entrantís or winnerís entry or claim will be deemed invalid. Where an entry is declared invalid prior to the Prize Claim Date, the Promoter may determine a new winner in accordance with the Unclaimed Prize Arrangements.
37. If requested by the Promoter, entrants and winners (and their companion(s), if applicable) must participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this Promotion or their winning of a prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter and its associated companies and agencies using their name and image in promotional material.
38. If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion does not or is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in the Relevant State(s), if required.
39. The Promoterís decisions in connection with the Promotion are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. Entrants acknowledge that there may be inherent risks in some aspects of the Promotion or the prize and that participation in the Promotion or the prize may involve participating in dangerous activities. By entering this Promotion and/or accepting the prize, entrants accept that risk for themselves and for their companion(s) (if applicable).
41. The Promoter, its associated agencies and companies and the agencies and companies associated with this Promotion (including Facebook, if the Promotion is conducted via a Facebook Platform) will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any personís negligence) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
42. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
43. The Promoter may at its absolute discretion prohibit an entrantís participation in this Promotion, cancel or suspend a prize or otherwise cease to provide any prize to a winner if the entrant or winner (or any companion) is (in the Promoterís opinion) under the influence of alcohol or drugs, behaves aggressively or disruptively, or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name and reputation of the Promoter or its products and brands, or is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
44. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where the operation of this Promotion results in, for GST purposes, supplies being made for non-≠monetary consideration, entrants agree to follow the Australian Taxation Officeís stated view that where the parties are at armís length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
) includes information about:
a. how to seek access to the personal information the Promoter holds about you and seek correction of the information; and
b. how to complain about a privacy breach and how the Promoter will deal with such a complaint.