Your chance to win 1 of 60 $5,000 Flight Centre gift card
Simply apply for a new CommBank credit card by 31 October 2017 and activate by 15 November 2017. Conditions apply.
Tell me more
Terms and Conditions Commonwealth Bank Flight Centre $5,000 gift card credit card promotion
1. Information on how to enter and prize details set out in all communications regarding the Commonwealth Bank of Australia Flight Centre $5,000 gift card credit card promotion (the “Promotion”) form part of these Conditions of Entry. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry is invalid. Entry into this Promotion and the acceptance or receipt of a prize by the winner(s) is deemed as acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2. The Promoter is the Commonwealth Bank of Australia ABN 48 123 123 124 of Commonwealth Bank Place – Level 2, South Building, 11 Harbour Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (the “Promoter”).
3. The Promotion commences at 12:00am (AEST) on 1 September 2017 and closes at 11:59pm (AEDT) on 31 October 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
4. Entry into the Promotion is open to individuals who satisfy the following eligibility requirements (“Eligibility Requirements”):
Residents of Australia aged 18 years or older;
Are not employees of the Promoter or the Promoter’s related entities directly involved in the Promotion (as determined by the Promoter) and
Have not already entered in the Promotion previously (March/April 2017 promotion).
5. To enter, you must satisfy the Eligibility Requirements and:
Apply for a new CommBank Personal/Consumer and/or Personal Liability Business Credit Card credit card between 1 September 2017 and 31 October 2017;
Activate your new card by 15 November 2017;
Your new card account must be open and being operated in accordance with the Conditions of Use to be eligible to win a prize;
Only one entry per card activation per eligible entrant is permitted.
6. There will be one prize draw (of 61 winners). The computerised draw will be conducted by a representative of the Promoter at 4pm (Sydney time) at Level 2, Commonwealth Bank Place – South Building, 11 Harbour Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on 23 November 2017.
Draw date 23 November 2017
Notify winners 27 November 2017
Publication date 4 December 2017
Note: Winners will be notified by telephone within two (2) business days of the draw date.
7. There will be sixty one (61) prizes. Each prize is a Flight Centre gift card valued at $5,000 AUD each. The gift cards can be used towards a holiday, including flights, accommodation, tours, car hire, travel insurance, and more. For more information and terms and conditions, visit: http://www.flightcentre.com.au/travel-extras/gift-cards
8. The total prize value is approximately $305,000 AUD based on the recommended retail value provided by the supplier and is correct at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
9. By acceptance of a prize the winner agrees to the name of the winner being published in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper on the date shown in the table above.
10. Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The winners accept the prize ‘as is’ and acknowledge that the Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize. The winner should seek advice from the Australian Tax Office or their own taxation adviser or independent financial adviser.
11. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter will arrange for delivery of the prizes within Australia, after the selection of the winning entries, by mutual agreement with the winner(s).
12. The Promoter will use its best endeavours to provide the prizes listed. If the prizes are unavailable for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute for that prize or item for a prize or item of an equivalent value subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations.
13. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time agreed by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by that winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to request that the winner demonstrates their eligibility for the prize as a condition of receipt of a prize. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter.
15. If any winner fails to claim their prize by 27 February 2018 the Promoter may select further winning entries on 6 March 2018 at 4pm (Sydney time) at Level 2, Commonwealth Bank Place – South Building, 11 Harbour Street, Sydney NSW 2000, subject to any written directions given under applicable trade promotion laws and regulations. These winners’ names will be published in the public notices section of The Australian newspaper on 12 March 2018.
16. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned (including, but not limited to) infection by computer virus, bugs, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may take any action that may be available including cancelling, terminating, modifying or suspending the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
17. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the dependent on the Internet Service Provider used and is the responsibility of the entrant.
18. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Incomplete, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry.
19. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or any website, or any combination thereof (including, but not limited to) any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in this Promotion.
20. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its related entities and its and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents, will not be liable for any personal injury, loss or damage, whatsoever which is suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to) indirect or consequential, financial or other loss) to or by a winner.
21. Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
22. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
24. These Conditions of Entry shall be governed by the laws of New South Wales and each entrant agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New South Wales.
25. Authorised under NSW Permit No: LTPS/17/16181, ACT Permit No: TP17/01398 and SA Permit No: T17/1323.