Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 25 April 2024, 05:10:05 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,664 comps and freebies worth over $33,637,043.76 listed

That's over thirty three million, six hundred and thirty seven thousand, fourty three dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015937 Total Posts (445770 Searchable Posts) in 298121 Topics by 41498 Members
Latest Member: Nessie65
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win full scholarship to BakeClub's Make Me a Baker 6-month baking program-25 wol
Entry Details
  • MakeMe a Baker programme     Closing Date: Sunday 17 December 2017

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Food & Beverages 
Prizes may include Groceries, Hampers, Alcohol, Coffee etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win full scholarship to BakeClub's Make Me a Baker 6-month baking program-25 wol  (Read 127 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
culturebird
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

« : Thursday 09 November 2017, 10:39:42 pm »
Go Up

We're giving one lucky person a full scholarship to BakeClub's Make Me a Baker 6-month baking program and the chance to be featured on SBS Food Online, valued at up to $10,000. (You can enter and give the prize away for Christmas too!)

Each month, our everyday baker, Anneka Manning, has been sharing baking rituals, modern and ancient, and techniques from around the world in her online column Bakeproof.

In January 2018, we will be celebrating Bakeproof's 50th column anniversary - that will tally up to 236 recipes and counting! 

To mark this delicious milestone, we're giving one lucky novice baker a full scholarship to BakeClub's 6-month Make Me a Baker program - a practical, approachable, inspiring and fun way to learn to bake - hosted by Anneka Manning.

This scholarship comes just in time for Christmas - you can enter on behalf of a loved one and gift the prize to them (or keep it for yourselves, of course!).

The scholarship to Make Me a Baker is for the April to September 2018 program.

Make Me a Baker is the only baking course of its kind available in Australia. It comprises a series of hands-on classes, workshops, online forums and at-home projects.

It not only covers the basics of baking but also the more challenging techniques as well. Throughout this comprehensive program, students will learn not only the 'how' but also the 'why' of baking, exploring the science behind it and giving them the know-how and confidence to be a brilliant baker.

As part of the Make Me a Baker program, you will receive:

40 per cent off any KitchenAid appliances (spent in a single transaction).
A baker's kit full of essential baking equipment from Baker's Secret, Pyrex and ClickClack.
A collection of vanilla ingredients and decorating products from Queen.
A copy of Anneka's cookbook, BakeClass.
Lifetime membership to the Make Me a Baker exclusive online forum, which is only for students of the program.
Six-months' face-to-face and online tuition from Anneka Manning.
In addition to the scholarship to the Make Me a Baker program:

The winner's graduation recipe will be professionally photographed, styled and published on SBS Food Online and BakeClub.
The winner will guest post to SBS Food and BakeClub's Instagram account.
The winner will keep a diary, documenting their baking progress, and this will be published on SBS Food Online and BakeClub.
The 6-month program covers the following modules:

Strong Foundations: baking basics
It’s All in the Mix: simple mixing methods
Recipe Know-how: how to read recipes and write your own
Cream with Confidence: creaming methods and when to use them
The Science of Baking: understanding the ‘why’
Pastry Perfection: pastry-making essentials
Whisk Like a Pro: whisking techniques and all things eggy
Showing Your Best Side: picture-perfect presentation and decoration with special guest presenters
Advanced Pastry: beyond the shortcrust
Rise to the Occasion: baking with yeast
Show Off Your Skills at the Make Me a Baker Graduation
"What you learn here cannot be taught by reading blogs or books."

The hands-on baking classes are intimate with a maximum of 12 students only. They take place at BakeClub's baking studio in Rosebery, only 15 minutes' from Sydney's CBD.

The hands-on session dates are:

Sunday 29th April 2018, 9.30am-5.30pm
Sunday 27th May 2018, 9.30am-5.30pm
Sunday 24th June 2018, 9.30am-5.30pm
Sunday 29th July 2018, 9.00am-6.00pm
Sunday 26th August 2018, 9.00am-6.00pm
Sunday 23rd September 2018, 12.00pm-5.00pm
For a comprehensive description of Make Me a Baker, visit BakeClub and the full program brochure here.

Check out what the recent batch of Make Me a Baker graduates created for their graduation ceremony and what they had to say about the course here.

“I would 100 per cent recommend Make Me a Baker to anyone! What you learn here cannot be taught by reading blogs or books. It's learnt by being in a kitchen with Anneka who has so much knowledge and experience, you leave every session feeling inspired. I feel very fortunate to have been a part of Make Me a Baker – it was the best decision I've made for myself in a long time!” Maggie Shimada

http://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/2017/11/09/win-full-scholarship-bakeclubs-make-me-baker-course

Prize details
Full tuition to Make Me a Baker for 1 person (prize is transferrable to another person).
The winner's graduation recipe will be professionally photographed, styled and published on SBS Food Online and BakeClub.
The winner will be a guest editor for SBS Food and BakeClub's Instagram accounts.
The winner's baking diary will be published online at SBS Food Online and BakeClub.
The Major Prize is valued up to $10,000 AUD.

Competition conditions
Competition opens: 11 am, Thursday 9 November 2017 (AEDT)

Competition closes: 11 pm, Sunday 17 December 2017 (AEDT)

Competition drawn: 4 pm, Monday 18 December 2017 (AEDT)

Full terms and conditions are here (please read them, they're important).

To enter the competition
You must complete two phases of entry to be eligible:

Phase 1

Fill in the online form below and in 25 words or less, tell us:

What in your wildest dreams would you like to be able to bake and why?

(If you're intending to gift the prize, you can answer for your self or on behalf of the person you have in mind.)

Phase 2

After you have completed Phase 1, share a photo on Instagram of something you have baked, including your answer to Phase 1.
Use the hashtag #MakeMeaBakerSBS on the post AND tag us in the image: @sbsfood and @bakeclub_australia. You need to have an Instagram account - it does not need to be a public profile, but you must accept SBS Food's and BakeClub's request to follow you so we can view your #MakeMeaBakerSBS post.
You have up to the time the competition closes on 11 pm, Sunday 17 December 2017 to complete Phase 1 and Phase 2.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Thursday 25 April 2024, 05:10:05 am from 3.141.8.247