Win A Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo Experience Worth Over $7,000
You and three friends could win the chance to attend the 2018 Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo thanks to Woodford Reserve.
Woodford Reserve, the official bourbon sponsor of the Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo, is giving you and a friend the chance to win a money can’t buy experience to attend the 2018 Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo, worth over $7,000.
The prize includes (for all four guests):
- 2 nights’ accommodation at QT Gold Coast
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Airport transfers
- Return domestic flights to Gold Coast
- Entry to Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo (Sunday 7 January)
- Entry to Woodford Reserve enclosure at the Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo
- Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo transfers
- Dinner after the Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo
- Personalised bottle of Woodford Reserve
To enter, simply tell us in 25 words or less how you like to drink Woodford Reserve. Make sure to add your name and email address in the entry.
See the full terms Terms and Conditions here.
This competition closes on December 16, 2017 at 23:59 AEST
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – GQ X W...
1. The Promoter is News Life Media Pty Ltd (ABN: 57 088 923 906) of Level 1, 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010. Telephone number (02) 9353 6666.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de facto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. Entrants into this competition must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on 16.11.2017 at 09:00 AEDT and concludes on 16.12.2017 at 23:59 AEDT. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
10. The details of how to enter the competition are set out on gq.com.au.
11. Entrants may enter the competition by:
Submitting their original entry:
• by logging onto www.gq.com.au
and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, post code, telephone number, e-mail address, code-word / subscription number (if required), agree to sign up to the GQ newsletter, and answer in 25 words or less to the question “What do you love most about the Magic Millions Polo?” to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider. The most original and creative will win.
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, “entry content” includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrant’s original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrant’s original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrant’s entry. An entrant’s entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that person’s express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any image or voice of any person who is under the age of 18;
(c) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(d) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audio-visual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
15. Only one entry per person.
Determination and Notification of winner
16. The winner will be the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by the GQ Australia team to be the most original and creative at 14:00 AEDT on 18.12.2017 at 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
17. If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
19. The winner/s will be notified by telephone or email on the day of being determined.
20. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
21. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
22. If the winner has not claimed the prize by 19.12.2017 then he or she will forfeit the prize and the prize will be awarded to the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by the GQ Australia team to be the next most original and creative at 14:00 AEDT on 20.12.2017 at 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010. The winner of the unclaimed prize will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the date on which they are judged to be the unclaimed prize winner.
Prize on offer
23. There is only One (1) Prize, with a total prize pool value up to $7,000.00 (including GST) as at 30.10.2017, and comprises one (1) trip for one (1) winner and three (3) companions (aged 18 years and over) to Gold Coast, Queensland to experience the 2018 Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo event (the “Trip”). The complete prize package includes the following:
• Four (4) return economy class airfare from a capital city to the Gold Coast (see clause 34), if applicable
• Two (2) nights double occupancy for four (4) adults at QT Gold Coast
• Daily buffet breakfast for four (4) individuals
• Admission to 2018 Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo (on Sunday 7 January)
• Admission to the Woodford Reserve Enclosure at the 2018 Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo
• Private whiskey tasting with Woodford Reserve’s whiskey specialist
• Dinner for four (4) adults at a restaurant selected by the Promoter on Sunday, 7 January up to the value of $600
• All airport transfers (if applicable) from Gold Coast Airport to the QT Gold Coast, and ground transportation to/from the hotel and the 2018 Magic Millions Polo event on January 7, 2018
• One (1) personalised bottle of Woodford Reserve 700mL
24. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
25. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
26. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements
28. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
29. The Trip must be taken on January 6, 2018 and end on January 8, 2018.2018. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
30. Flight portion of the prize/s are not available to the winner if they reside in the same state of the prize event.
31. Event tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
32. By entering this competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
33. The winner/s (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
34. The winner/s and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth). (If the winner is from Tasmania, ACT or NT connecting flights from these cities to the nearest flight departure capital city will be included in the prize package for the winner and travelling companion only – if applicable). If the winner resides in Queensland then the flight component of the prize will not be included and the winner and their travelling companion will responsible for making their way to and from QT Gold Coast.
35. If the winner/s is under the age of 18 as at the date on which the winner is determined, an adult must accompany the minor in the participation of the prize.
36. The prize is subject to hotel and flight availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
37. Travel must be taken at the time specified by the promoter and must coincide with the dates of 2018 Pacific Fair Magic Millions Polo. If a winner and travelling companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
38. The prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties about the attendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the marketing of the event.
39. Legal aged consumers should be advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at: http://www.alcohol.gov.au/
. Participation in this promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each State, Territory or Country, including responsible service of alcohol. If the winner of the alcohol prize is from the Northern Territory, that winner will be awarded alternative prizes, at the promoter’s discretion, to the value of the alcohol won.
Further Terms and Conditions
40. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
41. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
42. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
43. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
44. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
45. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
46. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
47. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements.Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
48. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
49. The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
50. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or News Limited publications, or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
51. The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the promotion (Works). The entrant does not transfer their intellectual property rights to the Promoter by submitting an entry. The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all, to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photo(s), including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts) for the sole purpose of running the promotion, promoting and celebrating the promotion and future promotions and agrees that the Promoter may assign and/or sublicense the Works to third parties for this same purpose. Should the Promoter wish to use an entrant’s Works for any other purposes, it will contact the entrant to discuss licensing opportunities.
The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called “droit moral” or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to minor alterations to the Works which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act). All Entrants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
52. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
53. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
54. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
55. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
56. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
57. Entrants’ personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winners’ names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winner’s surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.