Win a Tumbleweed Composting Prize Pack!
ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN A TUMBLEWEED COMPOSTING PRIZE PACK WORTH $285!
Make recycling garden waste and kitchen scraps easy by entering our competition to win a Tumbleweed composting pack, worth $285.
Each prize pack contains a compost tumbler, in-ground worm farm, worm starter kit, and compost conditioner.
For your chance to win, tell us in 25 words or less your best gardening tip.
Entries close 18 January 2018. The winners will be announced online in March 2018.
Click here for the full terms and conditions
Australian Handyman Tumbleweed Competition 2017
1. This prize scheme is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years or older only and opens November 23, 2017. All entries close at 5pm AEST on January 18, 2018.
2. The promotional material, information on how to enter and prize details form part of these rules. To be eligible to enter, you must reply in accordance with the conditions specified in this promotion. Employees of the Promoter and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter. The Promoter cannot accept responsibility for lost, misdirected or delayed entries.
3. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
4. Limit of one entry per person.
5. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged and the winners will be determined based on the originality, creativity and/or humour of their entry. To enter, readers must answer in 25 words or less: “Tell us in 25 words or best gardening tip”. Readers must submit entries online at http://www.handyman.net.au/stanley
6. The best 3 valid entries, as determined by the judges in their discretion, will each win one prize pack. The prize consists of 1 x 220L Compost Tumbler, $188, 1 x Worm Feast, $30, 1 x Worm Farm & Compost Conditioner, $12, and 1 x Tube-O-Worms, $55.
7. The total prize value is AUD$855, (inclusive of GST), consisting of 3 x $285 Tumblweed prize packs. The prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
8. The prizes will be delivered at the Promoter’s expense within six to eight weeks of the winners being chosen.
9. The prize winners will be notified by email and published on the Handyman website in March 2018.
10. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any technical hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any human error which may occur in the receipt or processing of entries. Further, the Promoter accepts no responsibility for damage to computer systems from downloading any information necessary to participate in the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to terminate or modify the promotion or the on-line portion of the promotion at any time if the Promoter’s on-line service is no longer available or is compromised by any virus, bugs, or other intervention beyond the Promoter’s control. In either of these events, prizes may be awarded based on entries received prior to date of termination. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the internet entry process or is in any other way responsible for compromising the orderly operation of the promotion.
11. All entries (which shall include the literary works comprising the reply to the promotional question) become the property of the Promoter. As a condition of entering into this promotion, each entrant agrees to assign all of their rights, title and interest (including copyright) in and to their entry to the Promoter. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
12. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, and prize suppliers. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
13. The Promoter's decision on all matters pertaining to this promotion is final.
14. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in New Zealand (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
15. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize
16. The Promoter is Direct Publishing Pty Ltd (ABN 81 000 565 471), 431 Warringah Road, Frenchs Forest, 2086, in Australia.