Win an Applecross Rotary Aged Care scholarship in 2018
South Metropolitan TAFE in partnership with Applecross Rotary is offering Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) students a unique opportunity to gain a scholarship, where your tuition is subsidised to the value of $1,500. This program will give you the foundations needed for an exciting career in the aged care industry.
Successful scholarship applicants will be selected by a panel comprising SM TAFE and Applecross Rotary representatives.
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis that the winner undertakes study in Semester 1 2018 and does not defer their studies. The scholarships are open to all eligible aged care students who are Australian residents.
The scholarship winner will be required to attend a Applecross Rotary meeting to accept their award and to return to a meeting after graduation to speak of their plans for their aged care career.
CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support Opens in a new window
You will gain the knowledge and skills to work effectively in the aged care industry, caring for the elderly, enabling them to maintain independence, understanding and supporting people with dementia, safety procedures, ethical behaviour, infection control, working with cultural diversity, and workplace health and safety.
Course start date: Monday 29 January 2018
Duration: 6 months (full-time) or equivalent part-time
Location: Peel (Mandurah), Rockingham or Thornlie campuses
Job outcomes: Nursing Assistant, Home Care Worker, Aged Care Worker or Residential Care Worker
To apply, review the selection criteria below, then click on the 'Apply Now' button to begin using our online form.
1. Applicants can be either full time or part time students who are currently studying another course at South Metropolitan TAFE or intends to be a future student of South Metropolitan TAFE
2. Applicants must demonstrate an aptitude and/or willingness to remain in the industry
3. Applicants who demonstrate a career ambition to become a leader in the industry will be highly regarded
4. Applicants with a working history in the industry will also be highly regarded
5. Applicants should be willing to address Applecross Rotary members at a breakfast meeting upon graduation.
Applications close Tuesday 13 December 2017.