Terms and Conditions of Entry
Home Ice Cream’s Truckload of Cash
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these Terms and Conditions of entry.
Submission of an entry is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions of entry.
Terms and Conditions of the promotion can be found at www.homeicecream.com
2. Entry is open to all Australian residents in VIC, SA, NSW, ACT, QLD, NT over the age of 18
who have fulfilled the requirements set out below (Eligible Entrant).
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, Home Ice Cream and agencies
associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the
following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by
adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew,
brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The ‘Home Ice Cream’s Truckload of Cash Promotion’ commences on 6 November 2017 and
closes 11:59pm AEST 11 February 2018 ('Promotional Period').
How to enter
5. Customers will receive one free entry form for every $30.00 spent on Home Ice Cream
product and 1 additional entry for every $10 spent over $30 in the same transaction. Each entry
form will contain a unique code to be used for registering the entry.
6. By entering the promotion the entrant ‘opts in’ and accepts the conditions of Entry. The
promoter may also use the information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes.
All entries become the property of the promoter.
How to register your entry(s)
7. Entrants must:
a. visit www.homeicecream.com
and click on the "Competition" button, to go to the
online Registration Form.
b. Complete the registration form and enter the unique code on the entry form.
8. Entrants can get extra free Bonus entries at the time of entering. To get:
a. five (5) Bonus entries, click on the 'Tell us more' button and complete a small
b. one (1) Bonus entry, click “like” the Home Ice Cream “Delivery Dan” Facebook
c. one (1) Bonus entry, click “follow us” the Home Ice Cream Instagram page
d. three (3) Bonus entries by watching the Home Ice Cream Explainer video.
e. five (5) Bonus entries for downloading the Home Ice Cream App.
9. Entries must be received by close of business 16 February 2018. All entries are deemed to be
received at the time of receipt into the promotional database and not at the time of
transmission by the entrant.
10. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one (1) entry permitted per
specified purchase requirement; and (b) each entry must be submitted separately and in
accordance with entry requirements.
11. The draw to select one entry shall take place at Home Ice Cream, 7 Staple St, Seventeen Mile
Rocks, Queensland 4073 at 2:00pm, 2 March 2018.
12. The first valid entry drawn will be the 'Contestant' and will be contacted in writing and
phone. The Contestant will then be given the opportunity to participate in the 'Game for the
chance to win $500,000'. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be
13. For all prize draws the Promoter reserves the right to draw the equivalent number of
additional reserve entries and record them in order for use in the event of an invalid entry or
ineligible entrant is drawn.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an
entrant’s identity, age and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is
not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of entry or who tampers with the entry
process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a
waiver of those rights.
15. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
16. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its
sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
17. Winners of any prizes over $250 will be published on www.homeicecream.com
18. The first valid entry will participate in the “Game” on Friday 16 March 2018 at 12 noon and
the Game will be played at Home Ice Cream, 173-181 McDougall Street, Toowoomba, QLD
4350. To participate in the Game, if the contestant resides outside of Toowoomba or is unable
to physically come to where the Game is to take place, he/she will be able to participate in the
draw via a phone call or Skype call initiated by the promoter. If the participant wishes to
participate in person, all expenses associated with travel will need to be covered by the
19. If the Contestant cannot attend the Game, the Contestant may appoint a Proxy (i.e. person
who will play the Game), over 18 years of age to attend and play the Game on the Contestant’s
behalf provided that the Contestant gives the Promoter written and signed notice to that effect
before the start of the Game.
20. If the Contestant is ill or is unable to travel, a link up via Skype can also be used to participate
in the Game. If the Contestant participates in the Game via Skype, the Contestant will be
required to select a number between 1 and 250 (inclusive) and a representative of the Promoter
will select the security envelope bearing that number on their behalf. If the Promoter has not
been able to contact the Contestant before the commencement of the Game, a representative
of the Promoter will participate in the Game on the Contestant’s behalf.
21. The Contestant will participate in the Game at 12 midday 16 March 2018 at Home Ice Cream
Pty Ltd, 173-181 McDougall Street, Toowoomba, QLD 4350.
22. The Game will be videoed at Home Ice Cream Pty Ltd, 173-181 McDougall Street,
Toowoomba, QLD 4350.
23. The ‘Prize’ consists of either:
a. Major Prize - $500,000 Cash
b. Consolation Prize – $5,000 Cash.
24. One envelope contains the Major Prize. The remaining 249 envelopes contain the consolation
prize. The Contestant (or the Contestant’s proxy) will participate in the Game. There will be 250
security envelopes on display at the commencement of the Game. Of the 250 security
envelopes, one (1) will contain a message representing $500,000 and two hundred and forty
nine (249) will contain a message for a consolation prize of $5,000 cash.
25. The Contestant (or the Contestant’s proxy) must select one (1) of the security envelopes.
Once the Contestant (or the Contestant’s proxy) has selected the security envelope, the prize
revealed is the prize won, no further security envelopes may be selected and, subject to
verification by the Promoter, the Contestant will be awarded the prize shown in the one (1)
selected security envelope as their prize (either ‘$500,000’ or '$5,000').
26. When the Contestant (or the Contestant’s proxy) selects a security envelope, they must do so
without touching, handling or interfering in any way with any of the other security envelopes on
27. Cash prizes will be awarded on confirmation of details from the winner (by completing the
Exhibit B Winners Affidavit & Release Form) in the form of cheque and will be made payable to
the winner. Allow 28 days for prize receipt.
28. A draw for any unclaimed prizes will take place on 4 June 2018 subject to any directions from
a regulatory authority. Winners’ names (for prizes of $250 or over) will be published on www.homeicecream.com
on 8 June 2018 for 28 days.
29. The odds of winning the $500,000 major prize, once selected as the Winner are 1 in 250.
30. If for any reason a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter,
then the prize will be forfeited.
31. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the
prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions from a
32. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be
taken as cash.
33. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
34. Any cost associated with accessing the Promoter’s website is the entrant’s responsibility and
is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
35. Total prize pool value is up to $500,000.
36. As a condition of accepting the prize, a Winner must sign any legal documentation as and in
the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including
but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
37. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter and the Participating Suppliers (including their respective officers, employees and
agents) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage
(including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any
way out of the promotion.
38. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter and the Participating Suppliers (including their respective officers,
employees and agents) are not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence),
for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct,
indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or
equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft,
unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost,
altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that
stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f)
use of a prize.
39. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with,
Facebook. You are providing your information to Home Ice Cream and not to Facebook. The
information you provide will be used for the purpose of conducting this competition and
providing you with information on Home Ice Cream news and products.
40. Entrants consent to the Promoter and the Promoters designee, using the entrant's name,
likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or
recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the
purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
41. The Promoter and the Participating Suppliers collect personal information in order to conduct
the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including
but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to
Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The
Promoter and the Participating Suppliers may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised,
use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes,
including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any
request to access, update or correct information to the Promoter and the Participating
Suppliers. All entries become the property of the Promoter and the Participating Suppliers.
42. The promoter is Home Ice Cream Pty Ltd, 173-181 McDougall Street, Toowoomba QLD 4350.
ABN: 83 009 843 690
43. Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/17/17986, ACT Permit No. TP 17/01861,
SA Licence No. T17/1752.