The Courier-Mail is delighted to give one lucky reader the chance to WIN the ultimate Brisbane Global Rugby Tens experience at Suncorp Stadium, February 9-10.
Conduct the coin toss at the final, meet the captains of both teams and also receive four Gold Tickets to the two-day tournament.
PLUS: 40 runners-up will each WIN four Gold Tickets to this incredible two-day event, which will place Brisbane right at the centre of the rugby universe.ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSONhttp://www.couriermail.com.au/entertainment/competitions/win-the-ultimate-brisbane-global-rugby-tens-experience/news-story/602fcf27d740aceb70b1c04e6aa69d3aTERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. The Promoter is Queensland Newspapers Pty Ltd trading as News Queensland (ABN 61 009 661 778) of Cnr Mayne Road and Campbell Street Bowen Hills QLD 4006 Telephone number 1300 696 397.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
4. Entry is open to all residents of Queensland except employees and immediate families of the Promoter or Brisbane International Tennis and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or first cousin.
5. Entrants under 18 years of age must obtain the prior permission of their parent or legal guardian in order to be able to enter. The Promoter may require any such entrantís parent or legal guardian to sign a release at the Promoterís discretion in which the parent or legal guardian accepts responsibility for the acts and forbearances of the winner. The release will include the parent or legal guardianís full name, address and telephone number. Failure to agree to the release and provide these details will invalidate the winnerís entitlement to the prize, subject to State and Territory legislation. If the competition winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winnerís parent or legal guardian.
6. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
7. The competition commences on 13/01/2018 at 0:01am [AEST] and concludes on 28/01/2018 at 11:59pm [AEST]. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
8. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoterís database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
9. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter:
10. The details of how to enter the competition are set out in The Courier-Mail and The Sunday Mail cover date 13/01/2018, 17/01/2018, 21/01/2018, 24/01/2018 and 27/01/2018.
11. Entrants may enter the competition by:
ēlogging onto couriermail.com.au/competitions and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, address, postcode, telephone number, e-mail address and codeword / subscription number (if required) to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrantís individual internet Service Provider
12. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, ďentry contentĒ includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrantís original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrantís original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoterís satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrantís entry. An entrantís entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that personís express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audiovisual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and conditions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
13. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
Number of Entries permitted
15. Only one entry permitted per person. Only one prize will be awarded per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
16. The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by The Promoter by random computer selection at 10:00am [AEST] on 29/01/2018 at Cnr Mayne Road & Campbell St, Bowen Hills QLD 4006.
17. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
18. The Promoterís decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
19. The winners will be notified by telephone or email within two days of the draw. Winners of prizes will be published at couriermail.com.au/competitions on 29/01/2018.
20. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
21. Should an entrantís contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrantís responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
22. Individual major prize is valued up to $806.00 (including GST) plus money-canít-buy experience. Individual runner-up prize is valued up to $806.00 (including GST). Total prize pool is valued up to $33,046.00 (including GST) plus money-canít-buy experience as at 12/01/2018.
One (1) Major Prize Winner will receive:
ēFour (4) Gold Category tickets to attend both days of the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens at Suncorp Stadium on February 9-10, 2018.
ēOpportunity to toss the coin at the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens Grand Final Game on Saturday February 10, 2018.
ēMeet and Greet with the Captains of the two final teams before the game on Saturday February 10, 2018.
Forty (40) Runner-Up Prize Winners will receive:
ēFour (4) Gold Category tickets to attend both days of the Brisbane Global Rugby Tens at Suncorp Stadium on February 9-10, 2018.
23. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
25. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
26. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
27. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. If an entrant under 18 years of age wins a prize then their parent or guardian must sign the legal release referred to in this clause on the minorís behalf.
28. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
29. Prize must be taken on 9/02/2018 & 10/02/2018. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
30. Event tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider, and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
31. The prize is for the specified dates of the event only. If the winner (for whatever reason) is unable to travel or does not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the major prize. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties about the attendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the marketing of the event.
Further Terms and Conditions
32. Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
33. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
34. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
35. Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the internet service provider.
36. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
37. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.