To enter, purchase any two or more MARS® products in one transaction from a participating Woolworths supermarket anywhere in Australia. Hold on to your receipt to validate your entry should you win. Good luck! Purchase period closes on 27/03/2018 at 5pm.
1. This competition (“Competition”) is conducted by Mars Australia Pty Ltd,
ABN 48 008 454 313, trading as Mars Chocolate Australia, of Ring
Road, Wendouree VIC 3355 (“Promoter”).
2. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
3. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An "Eligible Entrant"
is an individual who: (i) is a resident of Australia aged 13 years or older
as at the time of entry; and (ii) is not an employee of the Promoter or
any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with
the Competition; and (iii) is not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child
or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
An Eligible Entrant who is under 18 years of age, must obtain the
permission of a parent or guardian to enter.
4. Competition Entry is open from 9am on 28/02/2018 to 5pm on
27/03/2018. ("Entry Period"). All times and dates are times and dates in
Melbourne which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date.
5. To enter, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period, first make a
Qualifying Purchase from a Woolworths supermarket anywhere in
Australia, including Woolworths online. A Qualifying Purchase is the
purchase, in one transaction, of any two (2), or more, MARS® products
(each a “Qualifying Product”).
• The following products are Qualifying Products:
• MARS® bar 53g
• MARS® bar 2pak 72g
• MARS® FUNSIZE bag 216g
• MARS® FUNSIZE Giant bag 360g
• MARS® Bites 150g
• MARS® Smooth & Creamy frozen mini bars 10 pack 254ml
• MARS® Smooth & Creamy frozen bars 6 pack 318ml
6. Subject to the other conditions, an Eligible Entrant may enter the
Competition once for every Qualifying Purchase that they make during
the Entry Period, with an entry limit of two (2) entries per day.
IMPORTANT: If more than two (2) Qualifying Products are purchased in
the same transaction, there is still only ONE Qualifying Purchase.
Accordingly only ONE entry may be submitted based on that Qualifying
7. Entry can only be made by internet. To submit an entry, an Eligible
Entrant must, during the Entry Period, use a compatible browser to visitwww.marsfootysback.com.au
("Competition Website") and follow the
directions there. For each entry, the Eligible Entrant must provide: (a)
the last 6 digits of the bar codes on the
Website, including first and last names, postal address and e-mail
address (c) their preferred AFL match based on availability.
8. All entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter
during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any
late or misdirected entry or for any delays or failures in any
telecommunications service or equipment.
9. For each and every Qualifying Purchase that an Eligible Entrant uses to
submit an entry, he/she MUST retain: (i) the original packaging of the
Qualifying Products comprising the Qualifying Purchase (only the bag of
any Qualifying Product that is a multipack (a pack in which individual
wrapped items are packed together for sale) must be retained; the
wrappers of the products inside the bag are NOT required to be
retained), and (ii) a copy of the Woolworths store receipt(s) and/or
Woolworths online receipt(s) that were issued when that Qualifying
Purchase was made.
10. All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification by the
Promoter. The Promoter will reimburse an entrant for any reasonable
costs incurred in complying with this condition.
a) An entrant MUST, within 7 days of being asked, deliver to the
Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) all of the
items which condition 9 requires the entrant to retain and which
are requested by the Promoter. The Promoter may elect not to
return those items.
b) An entrant MUST also deliver to the Promoter (by a means
determined by the Promoter) copies of any other documents the
Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win,
including evidence of age, residence or identity. The Promoter
may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the
identity of documents available is established, an entrant must
deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so.
At the Promoter's request, an entrant MUST also, within 7 days
of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the
original of any such document.
11. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries
made by an entrant invalid if the entrant: (i) fails to establish their
entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter's reasonable
satisfaction; or (ii) fails to produce items as required by condition 9 or
produces items that, in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, are illegible,
stolen, forged, reconstructed, altered, incomplete or tampered with in
any way; or (iii) in the Promoter's reasonable opinion, tampers with the
entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the Promoter's
reasonable opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with
INSTANT PRIZE DRAW
• Throughout the Entry Period, there will be a total of 1,000 draws with
the instant win draw time being randomly allocated. The first valid entry
received at, or after each winning time randomly allocated by a
computer generated draw system, will instantly win an Instant Prize.
There are 1,000 Double Passes to selected 2018 Toyota AFL
Premiership Season matches (excluding the first four rounds of the
2018 Toyota AFL Premiership Season) to be won (each, an “Instant
Prize”). The Instant Prize includes tickets only (excludes any meals,
transportation or accommodation) and must be used on the date
specified on the ticket. The total value of the Instant Prizes is up to
12. The instant win draws will occur randomly each day via computer
generated random instant win at Prime Focus, 500 Chapel Street, South
Yarra VIC 3141. Winners will be notified immediately onscreen at time
13. Subject to these conditions, the Instant Prizes will be emailed to the
winners (except Instant Prizes for AFL matches played at smaller
stadiums, where hard copy tickets will be allocated). If a winner’s
preferred AFL match (as indicated in accordance with condition 7) is not
available at the time of awarding the Instant Prize, the winner will
receive tickets to a different AFL match. The Promoter makes no
guarantee or representation that the date, time, location or teams of the
AFL match awarded in an Instant Prize will be similar to the winner’s
preferred AFL match.
14. Winner's guest must be aged 13 years or over (any winner under 18
years old must be accompanied by a person 18 years or older).
15. Use of the AFL Premiership Season tickets is subject to the terms and
conditions of the AFL as set out below:
a) All ticket requests are made for, or on behalf of the AFL partner or
client registered, who shall be responsible for all elements of the
request including payment, distribution as well as ensuring guests
behave in accordance with the AFL conditions of entry when in
attendance at the match.
b) Tickets are subject to availability, cannot be altered, cancelled or
c) AFL ticketing will not be responsible for information entered
incorrectly, and subsequently fulfilled as per the incorrect
d) AFL ticketing has the right to reject any request.
e) All requests are subject to availability with best endeavours to fulfil
f) General admission tickets do not necessarily provide access to
seating, and at some venues may only provide access to standing
room. Where seating is offered, access to seats is strictly first in
best dressed and subject to availability.
g) Information in the system is subject to change at any time.
h) Tickets may not, without the prior written consent of the ticket
agent and the AFL, be resold or offered for resale at a premium
(including via on-line auction sites) or used for advertising,
promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions
and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods
or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent
bearer. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the
ticket may be cancelled without a refund and the bearer of the
ticket may be refused admission, in addition the registered partner
or client may have their access to the ticket request system
16. Each winner, whenever determined, will be notified in writing sent by email
to the e-mail address indicated in their entry. The notification will
include instructions as to how the winner is to claim the prize and
establish his/her entitlement to it.
17. In order to be entitled to any prize, each winner must, if requested by
the Promoter, agree to and sign and return an eligibility form confirming
their compliance with the Conditions and eligibility to accept a prize. The
winner will forfeit his/her prize if he/she fails to ensure that all
documents relating to the prize are signed and returned in accordance
with this condition, as and when required by the Promoter.
18. If a winner fails to claim their prize in accordance with these conditions
and any reasonable directions made by the Promoter in relation to the
redemption of the prize stipulated by the Promoter, then the winner will
immediately forfeit any right to the prize and the Promoter may distribute
the unclaimed elements of the prize at its absolute discretion to any
19. The maximum total value of all prizes is up to $100,000.
20. Each prize is valued as at 10/11/17 The Promoter takes no
responsibility for any variations in value of a prize.
21. If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter
will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of
no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the
authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Competition.
22. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss
incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of a prize) is
unavailable for any reason.
23. A right to receive a prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot
be taken as a monetary payment, unless where stipulated.
24. Unless expressly stated in these Conditions, all expenses incurred in
relation to enjoyment of a prize are the responsibility of the winner.
25. Multiple prizes are permitted per Eligible Entrant.
26. Any costs associated with accessing the Competition Website are the
responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the
internet service provider used.
27. Eligible Entrants must make their internet entries manually using an
internet browser. The Promoter may reject internet entries if it
reasonably forms the opinion that they have been entered using
automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
28. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is
interfered with or disrupted in any way by a cause outside the
reasonable control of the Promoter (including by inclement weather,
vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest,
strikes, tampering, computer bugs or viruses or technical failures), the
Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or
recommence the Competition, subject to the approval of the authorities
that have issued permits for its conduct.
29. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission,
interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any
communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant whether
caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer
systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any
carrier network or otherwise, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized
access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with,
or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment
used for the conduct of the Competition.
30. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE
OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH
THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR
AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A
VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER
RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST
EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH
ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS
IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
31. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be
32. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a
result of an entrant participating in the Competition. Entrants should
obtain independent tax and financial advice.
33. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated
companies and agencies and all those entities' personnel (the "Relevant
Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim,
injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible
Entrant in connection with the Competition or prizes, including: (i) any
indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the
negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or
death. Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or
modify an entrant’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act
34. If any provision of these Conditions is unenforceable for any reason, it
will be severed and the remaining provisions will remain in full force and
35. Each winner consents to the Promoter using their name, likeness,
image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of
them) in any media at any time or times without remuneration for the
purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the
36. The Promoter (Mars, we, us or our) collects your personal information
via this entry form when you submit an entry to this promotion
We collect this personal information for the purposes of your entry into
the Promotion, and to send you marketing communications about our
brands, products and/or services. We may also use the personal
information you give us to provide prizes, for consumer care and
research purposes, and for other purposes, as described in our privacy
If we do not collect the personal information you have provided in the
entry form, you may not be able to submit a valid entry into the
Promotion and may not be able to receive communications about our
brands, products and services which may be of interest to you.
We may disclose your personal information to our family of companies
and to our vendors or service providers. We require these companies
to comply with the Australian privacy laws that apply to your personal
contains information about:
• how you may access the personal information that is held by us and
seek correction of such information; and
• how you may complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy
Principles, or a registered privacy code that binds us, and how we will
deal with such a complaint.
If you need to contact us, or have any questions, please use the online
contact form or the other contact details on our Contact Page.
37. Any printing errors or other quality control matters outside the control of
individual players shall not be used as the sole basis for refusing to
award a prize.
38. At the end of the Promotion all existing and valid claims to prizes and
entitlements will be met notwithstanding the advertised prize pool has
39. Authorised under NSW LTPS/17/20312; ACT TP17/02429; SA