Win a Dream Cruise
Alan Jones, in conjunction with The Savvy Traveller, British Airways and Dream Cruises are giving you the chance to win an unforgettable cruise through Asia.
This fantastic holiday for two people starts with return Flights from Sydney to Singapore with British Airways, flying World Traveller Plus (Premium Economy) Class.
Upon arrival in Singapore, you’ll enjoy two night’s pre-cruise accommodation and receive two sightseeing cards for Singapore attractions, thanks to Singapore Tourism Board
Then, departing Singapore, you’ll be spoiled on a 5 night cruise onboard the luxury cruise ship, “Genting Dream”. Including a Balcony Cabin, onboard entertainment and meals.
From the moment you step on board “Genting Dream” you’ll be enveloped by local culture and authentic Asian hospitality.
Dance under the stars, savour international flavours at the inspiring restaurants and bars, explore deep beneath the ocean or indulge in some exclusive pampering.
On board, enjoy a wide variety of activities – shop till you drop, enjoy the signature production show or try one of our many adventure activities including waterslides, video arcade, bowling alley, ropes course, mini-golf and more.
Return home relaxed, revived and filled with precious memories.
For your chance to win this fantastic holiday, fill in the entry form, and in 50 words or less tell us “your funniest Dream”.
The winner will be announced in the Alan Jones Breakfast Show on Wednesday March 28
Terms and Conditions
Dream Cruises Promotion Terms and Conditions
By entering into the competition to win the Prize, you (Entrant) acknowledge and accept the following terms and conditions, as well as the radio station’s general
conditions of entry, as amended from time to time.
1. Promotion Dream Cruises Promotion 2018
2. Promoter Macquarie Media Operations
33-35 Saunders St, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009.
3. Promotional Period Open Date: 5/3/2018
Close Date: 26/3/2018
4. Entry Restrictions Entrants must be:
● at least 18 years of age;
● residents of New South Wales
Entrants must not be employees or their immediate family members, of:
● Macquarie Media Operations and its related bodies corporate;
● The Savvy Traveller; or
● British Airways
5. Entry Procedure To be entered into Promotion, Entrants must, during the Promotional Period:
● Visit the “Win Page” on the 2gb.com website;
● Complete the online entry form with their name, home address, contact phone number and email address; and
● In the indicated entry box, write in 50 words or less “tell us your funniest dream”.
The Winner of the Major Prize will be determined by:
● Judging of all eligible entries by the Promoter’s Integration Department to select the best entry using the Judging Criteria.
Judging Criteria: creative, humorous and entertaining content
6. Maximum Entries
Maximum of one entry into the Promotion per Entrant
7. Prize(s) There is one prize that will be won by one person.
The prize includes a holiday for 2 people:
● Return, premium economy flights for 2 people to Singapore, flying British Airways.
● 5 night cruise onboard the “Genting Dream” ex-Singapore.
○ Cruise includes accommodation in a Balcony Cabin, twin share.
○ Onboard entertainment and meals
○ Stateroom gratuity charge per person (SGD$20)
Prize value is $11,338 AUD.
8. Major Prize Judging
Time and Location
Approximately 9am on 27 March 2018
Location: Macquarie Media, 33-35 Saunders St, Pyrmont, NSW, 2009.
9. Prize Provider The Savvy Traveller.
10. Prize Restrictions British Airways Flights prize component
● Travel is valid on British Airways operated flights only. Valid on flights operating under flight code BA15, BA16 only.
● Prize does not cover any domestic travel within Australia
● All taxes and surcharges will be paid by British Airways
● Travel must be completed by December 15, 2018
● Travel must be booked at least 15 days prior to departure
● The offer in non-transferable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash
● Flights are subject to availability and no open-dated sectors are permitted. Prize tickets are subject to availability and
capacity control. BA reserves the right to limit the number of prize travel seats available on any flight. It is possible that there
will be no sponsored prize travel seats, even though there are other seats available in the same cabin.
● Once the ticket has been issued in agreement with the winner, a service fee of $A150 will be charged for any changes
requested by the winner.
● It is the responsibility of the prize winner to hold and carry a valid passport and any necessary visas.
● The prize does not include any ancillary costs. These are at the winner’s expense.
● Travel insurance is not included in the prize, however is strongly recommended
● The winner will be carried pursuant to the British Airways’ General Conditions of Carriage (copy available at www.ba.com
Dream Cruises prize component
● 5-night Cruise on board “Genting Dream “departing Singapore
● Balcony Cabin (BSS category) for 2 people
● Includes cruise, on board entertainment and meals
● The only gratuity included is the compulsory stateroom gratuity charge (SGD$20)
● Prize must be taken and completed prior to December 15, 2018
● Cruise is subject to availability at time of booking
● Prize cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash
● Further terms and conditions of carriage may be imposed by the cruise line, including through Dream Cruises Management
The Winner’s name will be announced between 6am and 9am on Wednesday March 28, 2018 on Radio 2GB:
The Winner will receive notification by telephone and email via the contacts provided at the time of entry.
The Winner’s name and suburb will also be published on the 2gb.com “Winners” page.
amended from time to time and available on the Promoter’s website.
b. Participants consent to their personal information (as that term is defined in the Privacy Act 1988) being used for direct marketing
c. Throughout the Promotional Period the Promoter may contact Entrants to interact with the station on air, online and via social
media in relation to the Promotion.
d. Entrants may be required by the Promoter and Prize Provider to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) and
acknowledge that they assign, by way of present assignment of future copyright, the right to use such publicity materials in any
medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
e. It is a condition of Entry that the Promoter and Prize Provider have the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public
the names, characters, likenesses or voices of Entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Promotion. By agreeing to
enter, all Entrants consent to their Entry broadcast on air and to their telephone and other conversations with the Promoter and
Prize Provider being broadcast on air and communicated to the public on via any medium. Entrants will not be compensated for
f. The Promoter and its representatives may conduct security and verification checks in their absolute discretion to determine the
Entrant’s eligibility to enter the Promotion.
g. If an Entrant be deemed by the Promoter to be ineligible, the Entrant may not participate further in the Promotion.
h. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any network or lines, computer online systems,
communication network, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion online, including any error,
omission, alteration tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise
preventing Entrants from successfully participating in the Promotion.
i. All decisions are at the discretion of the Promoter and no discussion or correspondence will be entered into in this regard.
j. If the Promotion is not capable of being conducted due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control, including due to any
technical or communications problems, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, suspend or cancel the Promotion subject to
approval from any relevant authority.
k. Prize(s) will be awarded as specified in the Prize details. If a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter, at its discretion, may
substitute it for another item of equal or higher value. The Prize is subject to any Prize Restrictions specified above. All Prize
values stated are the recommended retail value as provided by the supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct at the time of
preparation of these terms and conditions.
l. All Prizes and parts of the Prize are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-exchangeable, must be used on or by any
dates specified in these terms and conditions and as stipulated by the Prize Provider and are not redeemable for cash unless cash
m. If the Prize must be used on a specific date (Expiry), and the Winner is unable to use it on that date, the Winner will forfeit the
Prize and the Promoter may draw a new winner in its absolute discretion on or before Expiry.
n. If a Winner fails to collect their Prize within 3 months (or as otherwise specified in these terms), the Winner forfeits any rights to
the Prize and the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, conduct a re-draw for the Prize or withdraw the Prize.
o. The Promoter and Prize Provider will not be responsible or liable if, for any reason beyond their reasonable control, any element of
any Prize is not provided. The Promoter will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of Prizes, or for any compensation
in relation to those Prizes.
p. A winner has rights under the Australian Consumer Law and other similar legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or
modified by the Promoter. These rights include a statutory guarantee that any services provided by the Promoter will be rendered
with due care and skill and that any goods will be of acceptable quality. These Conditions of Entry do not exclude, restrict or
modify those statutory rights in any way. However, to the extent it is permitted by law to do so, the Promoter makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, other than the Australian Consumer Law, regarding the quality and suitability of
the Prize awarded under these conditions of entry and will not be responsible for breach of any such implied terms.
q. The Promoter and its agencies and representatives associated with this Promotion, including any Prize Provider, will not be liable
for any loss (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss), damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained
(including without limitation to that caused by any person’s negligence) relating to this Promotion or the awarding or taking of the
Prizes except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case liability is limited to the minimum amount allowable
r. The Entrant acknowledges that there may be inherent risks involved in entering this Promotion or taking or participating in the
Prize(s), for which the Promoter accepts no responsibility. If Entry or a Prize involves travel, stunts or challenges the Promoter
may, at its discretion, require the participants to:
- Submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner approved by the Promoter and obtain relevant medical
clearance to participate in the Promotion and redeem a Prize; and
- Execute a Deed of Release and Indemnity in a form prescribed by the Promoter in order to participate further in the
Promotion and redeem a Prize.
s. The Promoter and Prize Provider accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from winning of the prizes.
Independent financial advice should be sought. The Promoter takes no responsibility for variations in the Prize value