60 years ago, seismic changes ripped through the cultural establishment and together with music and fashion, British Theatre underwent an explosion of creativity and talent, the impact of which was felt around the world and is still tangible today. It was a new Renaissance.
Playing a central role and pivotal to these creative and social shifts were a group of young actresses including Joan Plowright, Judi Dench, Maggie Smith and Eileen Atkins. All have received Damehoods in recognition of their outstanding contributions to the acting profession.
All have gone from fledgling actresses in the 1950s to national treasures and have become acting royalty. Tea with the Dames invites you to spend time with these theatrical icons off screen as they talk about their lives now and then: their experience in theatre, TV and cinema and the memories that they have from when they were bright young things right up to the present day - now looking back with the wisdom of the years.
Tea with the Dames hits cinemas on 7 June. For your chance to win a double pass to see it, enter via the form below. https://www.visitbrisbane.com.au/win/win-a-double-pass-to-see-tea-with-the-dames
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the competition conditions.
2. Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Prize: a) 1 of 10 x double passes to see Tea With The Dames in season at participating cinemas. b) The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. c) Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winners, other than those outlined in these terms and conditions, are the responsibility of the winners. d) Prize winners are themselves subject to the specific terms and conditions of the providers.
4. Competition period: The competition opens on 8 May and closes at 9am on 28 May 2018.
5. How to enter: Complete the entry form and submit.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition a person must: a) Be a permanent resident of the State of Queensland b) Not be an employee or contracted staff of Brisbane Marketing, a sub- unit of administration of the Promoter; and c) Be over the age of 18 (proof of age may be required to receive prize) or have the consent of one of his or her parents or guardians to enter the competition.
7. Competition draw: The winners will be drawn at random. The decision shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into. The drawing of the prizes will be conducted at Brisbane Marketing at South Bank House, Stanley Street Plaza, South Bank, QLD 4101.
8. Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email by 5pm 28 May 2018. If no reply email is received within two days, the prize will be void.
9. Brisbane Marketing will inform the winner about ticket collection once they’ve been selected.
10. No Liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the prize.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or to cancel the competition at any time prior to the competition opening without further recourse to the entrants.
12. Entrants must fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on website. If you do not supply the information, your entry will be deemed invalid. You may only enter this competition once.
13. Force Majeure: If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right it its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.