Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 28 March 2024, 10:22:54 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,665 comps and freebies worth over $24,154,580.60 listed

That's over twenty four million, one hundred and fifty four thousand, five hundred and eighty dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014484 Total Posts (444317 Searchable Posts) in 296723 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win 1/5 The Pets at Primrose Cottage by Sheila Norton - Book Review & Giveaway
Entry Details
  • Pets at Primrose Cottage Book     Closing Date: Thursday 24 May 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win 1/5 The Pets at Primrose Cottage by Sheila Norton - Book Review & Giveaway  (Read 87 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Tuesday 15 May 2018, 10:21:21 am »
Go Up

http://www.withloveforbooks.com/2018/05/the-pets-at-primrose-cottage-by-sheila.html

The Pets at Primrose Cottage by Sheila Norton - Book Review & Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads

Review by Anniek

Emma used to be one of the It girls in America, when she was still together with her famous boyfriend. Unfortunately their relationship ends on bad terms and Emma needs a quiet and safe place to calm down and hide from the press. Emma ends up in Crickleford, where she rents a room from a nice and warm family. She needs to look for a job now that she has to earn her own money again. She has no idea what to do, but accidentally lands a pet sitting job. She loves animals, so she starts her own pet-sitting company. How long will Emma be able to hide in Crickleford before the press finds her again?

Emma tries to keep to herself, but in a small town like Crickleford nothing stays a secret for long. She tells little lies to prevent having to disclose who she really is. While she tries to stay hidden in the shadows, Emma almost becomes a local heroine overnight and her brave actions are putting her in the spotlight more than once. When she gets to know local journalist Matt she has to remind herself of the reasons why she came to Crickleford in the first place. Everyone loves a good story, but how will Emma's end when the locals find out who she really is?

The Pets at Primrose Cottage is such a sweet and heartwarming story. Emma is a kind soul, but she lost herself in the glitter and glamour of the rich and famous. She never wants to become that person again and works hard to look after of the pets that are in her care. Emma doesn't think highly of herself. She's sad she can't compare to her genius sister, but it's not all brains that make someone special. Emma is so smart and is very brave when others are needing her. I loved her from the start and was wishing for her to find the courage to break down her walls and be open to the possibility of love.

Crickleford is a nice and quaint small town, where everybody knows each other. I always love to read about those kind of places. The local people are all so warm and inviting and I loved their trusting nature. Sheila Norton's vivid descriptions of the town and the lovely cottages made it easy for me to have a clear picture of the place. Being a dog owner myself I enjoy reading about animals and I found myself laughing out loud multiple times about Emma's adventures. The pets have their own personalities and this was so relatable for me. The Pets at Primrose Cottage is a feelgood story about secrets, fabulous animals and learning to trust again. It's my first book by Sheila Norton and she got me addicted to her easy-flowing writing style. I can't wait to read another one of her stories.

Advice

If you love sweet and endearing stories set in small towns you will definitely like The Pets at Primrose Cottage.

About Sheila Norton

Sheila was born in Romford, now lives near Chelmsford, Essex, and has been writing avidly since childhood. For most of her life she worked as a medical secretary, retiring early to concentrate on her writing.

Her first publications were children’s stories, but after twice winning first prize in the Writers’ News short story competitions in the 1990s, she began to have short stories published regularly in women’s magazines. Her first romantic comedy novel was published in 2003 by Piatkus Books, followed by a further seven similar books with Piatkus, including three under the pseudonym of Olivia Ryan. She then self-published several novels with Amazon, including two books set mainly in the 1960s, and one family story with grandparents at its heart.

In another radical change of direction, since 2015 Sheila has been published by Ebury Press, writing adult fiction with animal themes. Two novels with cats as the central ‘characters’ have now been followed by ‘The Vets at Hope Green’.

Links

Website // Facebook // Twitter // Amazon

Giveaway

Five very lucky readers of With Love for Books will receive a digital copy of The Pets at Primrose Cottage by Sheila Norton.

The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. All of our giveaways are international.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0422 seconds with 8 queries.
Thursday 28 March 2024, 10:22:54 pm from 44.201.24.171