http://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-living-room/competitions/hawaii-2018WATCH & WIN AND SAY ALOHA HAWAII
Simply watch The Living Room 7.30 Fridays on TEN, look for the Code Word and you could be on your way to glorious Hawaii.
Entering is easy:
Step 1: Watch The Living Room 7.30 Friday on TEN
Step 2: Grab the CODE WORD
Step 3: Sign In/Sign Up to tenplay and enter below
Four (4) return economy airfares to Hawaii
Seven (7) night's accommodation in a two (2) bedroom suite at the Hilton Hawaiian Village
Atlantis Submarine Tour for four (4) people
Seven day all line trolley pass at the Waikiki Trolley for four (4) people
Seven day Go O'ahu pass for four (4) people that includes assess to 32 attractions in Honolulu!
Competition opens 7.30 Friday 1 June.
AEST Draw Date: 18/06/2018 at 11:00 AEST. Total Prize Value: $20,633.00. Entry open to all residents of Australia 18 years of age or older. Online limit, one entry per person per day. ACT: TP 18/00919, NSW: LTPS/18/24624, SA: T18/848. Your entry confirms acceptance of terms and conditions.TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into The Living Room
Hawaii Competition (“Competition”) is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Eligibility to Enter
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, however, employees and the
immediate families of Network Ten Pty Limited (the “Promoter”), WTFN Entertainment Pty Ltd
and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual associated with
the provision of the prize(s) are not eligible to enter. Entrant must be residing in Australia at the
time of entry, or their entry may be deemed invalid.
3. The competition commences on Friday 1 June 2018 at 19:30 AEST and closes on Sunday 17
June 2018 at 23:59 AEST (“Competition Period”).
4. The Competition will be advertised on, but not limited to, Network TEN, www.tenplay.com.au
How to Enter
5. To participate in the Competition entrants must:
a. Watch The Living Room to get the code word then,
b. Log on to tenplay.com.au and register their details including (but not limited to) the code
word, name, address, phone number, email address, gender and date of birth, to become
a TENPlay member.
6. It is free to become a TENPlay member, however, the cost of accessing the promotional website
is dependent on the entrant’s individual service provider. These Terms and Conditions apply in
conjunction with the TEN Members rules.
7. Code words will be announced during the broadcast of The Living Room, currently scheduled to air each Friday at 19:30 local time, from Friday 1 June 2018 to Sunday 17 June 2018 inclusive. Each code word is valid until the next code word is announced. The last code word, announced on Friday 15 June 2018 will be valid until the competition closes on Sunday 17 June 2018 at23:59 AEST.
8. If for any reason during the Competition Period any The Living Room episodes do not go to air
and the promotional code word is not displayed during any The Living Room episode or
replacement program, the promotional code word may be made available on the Channel Ten
Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/livingroomtv/
at a time to be determined by the
Promoter, in its sole discretion.
9. Entries will only be considered valid if the correct code word has been provided for the
corresponding broadcast period. Any entry submitted with a code word that has expired, due to
a new code word being announced, will be deemed invalid.
The Living Room Hawaii Competition TCs 280518 (00000002) Page 2 of 8
10. Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
11. A limit of one online entry per day per TENPlay member applies.
12. Entrants who have won a major prize in any Network Ten competition in the past 12 months are
not eligible to win a prize in this competition.
13. Entries must be received by Sunday 17 June 2018 at 23:59 AEST to be included in the Prize
Draw. Each valid entry received over the duration of the Competition Period will be entered
into the Prize Draw.
14. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s
database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due
to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
15. The account holder is responsible for any activity and/or entries that have been submitted using
their device (E.g. Phone, computer, tablet etc). It is the account holder’s sole responsibility to
control any and all access to their device. The Promoter, and Ansible Pty Ltd, will not be
responsible for any loss, damage or costs incurred as a result of failure to comply with this.
Entrants must not use another’s device without express permission from the account holder.
16. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who
submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers
with the entry process. Error and omissions will be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of
17. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to the Winner, the Winner hereby permits
the Winner’s image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the Winner’s
participation in the prize to appear in connection with Network TEN, WTFN or the advertising or
marketing thereof, in perpetuity, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the
Winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
18. The Prize Draw will be held on Monday 18 June 2018 at 10:00 AEST at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1,
16 Anster Street, Adelaide SA 5000.
19. The Major Prize Winner will be notified by a phone call within two (2) days of the draw and in
writing and the Winner’s details will be published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au
from Tuesday 19 June 2018.
20. An entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
21. If required, an unclaimed prize draw will take place at Ansible Pty Ltd, Level 1, 16 Anster Street,
Adelaide, South Australia 5000 on Tuesday 18 September 2018 at 10:00 AEST. The unclaimed
prize Winner will be notified of their prize by phone, in writing and Winner’s details will be
published on the TENPlay website at tenplay.com.au from Wednesday 19 September 2018.
The Living Room Hawaii Competition TCs 280518 (00000002) Page 3 of 8
22. There will be One (1) Major Prize Winner drawn from all entries received (Online) who will win
the following prize package:
Number Prize Details AUD Valued
at up to
1 x Major
Return economy class flights for the Major Prize Winner and
three (3) travelling companions from Sydney OR Brisbane to
Subject to Clause 25, return economy class domestic flights
for the Major Prize Winner and three (3) travelling
companions from their nearest Australian capital city (either
Melbourne, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Canberra, or Hobart)
to Sydney OR Brisbane
Seven (7) nights’ accommodation in a luxurious twobedroom
ocean view suite at Hilton Hawaiian Village
Return airport transfers to Hilton Hawaiian Village with
Four (4) tickets for an Atlantis Submarine Tour Waikiki
Four (4) seven day all line trolley passes at the Waikiki
Four (4) seven day Go O‘ahu passes
TOTAL PRIZE VALUE - AUD $20,633.00
23. The total Prize Pool is valued at $20,633.00 (including GST). The Promoter accepts no
responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
24. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize/s are not included. These are the
responsibility of the Winner.
25. If the Major Prize Winner resides in New South Wales or Queensland, they will forfeit the return
economy class domestic flights to Sydney/Brisbane and it will be their responsibility to make
their own way to the departure city in their state (Sydney or Brisbane).
26. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions must meet all restrictions to participate
in the Atlantis Submarine Tour Waikiki portion of the prize. The restrictions can be found athttps://bookatlantis.rezgo.com/details/18972/atlantis-submarine-tour-waikiki-learnmore/?_ga=2.69131863.799020756.1524113573-1190
27. It is the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions to meet the
restrictions for the attractions included in the Go O’ahu passes portion of the prize. The
attractions and restrictions can be found at https://www.smartdestinations.com/oahuattractions-and-tours/_d_Hio-p1.html?pass=Hio_Prod_Go&allInc=true
28. In regards to the Waikiki Trolley portion of the prize, two (2) transport lines are wheelchair
accessible. The other three (3) transport lines have one (1) wheelchair accessible trolley per line.
Further details can be found at https://waikikitrolley.com/index.php/help/#1515178746067-
The Living Room Hawaii Competition TCs 280518 (00000002) Page 4 of 8
29. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companions are responsible for all other expenses
including spending money (unless specified), meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless
specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure
and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities,
services charges and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is not included (unless specified
in the prize inclusions) but is highly recommended.
30. All prizes are non-transferrable. No cash alternative is available for any prize. Prizes must be
taken as offered. Any prize, unused portion of any prize, or portion of the prize Winner is not
entitled to, are not exchangeable or cannot be redeemed as cash. Prizes cannot be used in
conjunction with any other special offer. Prize values are in Australian dollars. The Promoter
accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize values. Prize Winners are advised that
tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial
advice prior to acceptance of their prize.
31. In acceptance of the prize, the Winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs
associated with the prize which are the entire responsibility of the Winner.
32. The Major Prize travel must be completed by Tuesday 18 June 2019, is subject to availability,
and is based on four (4) people sharing a two bedroom suite. Specified accommodation,
restaurants and tours are subject to availability at the time of booking. Alternatives may be
offered dependent on availability.
33. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute
the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any directions given under State
34. The Promoter is neither responsible nor liable for any portion of the Prize damaged, delayed or
lost in transit during the delivery of the prize/s.
35. The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding
the Competition result.
36. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner must comply with all the conditions of
use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
37. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Winner does not take an element of the prize at
the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the
Winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
38. Personal information about all prize Winners will be shared with the prize provider, and their
agents, to the extent necessary for prizes to be delivered to the prize Winners.
39. If the Major Prize Winner does not provide proof of meeting the age restriction and other valid
entry requirements, the Major Prize will be forfeited in full, and the Winner will have no further
claim. A re-draw will be held to award the Major Prize to a valid entrant.
The Living Room Hawaii Competition TCs 280518 (00000002) Page 5 of 8
40. Dates of travel within holiday periods are subject to availability. Blackout dates will apply
unless specifically pre-arranged prior to the competition being run. Blackout dates include
Christmas, Easter and summer holidays.
41. Travel is valid for twelve (12) months from the initial draw date. Winners who do not travel
within twelve (12) months will become null and void and will no longer be entitled to their
grand prize. The Major Prize Winner must advise The Promoter of their intended dates of travel
at least eight (
weeks prior to the intended departure date. To book the Atlantis Submarine
Tour, Waikiki Trolley and Go O’ahu passes, the Major Prize Winner must contact Hawaii Tourism
Oceania by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
(subject to availability).
42. Once confirmed in writing, travel dates and names of those travelling are not changeable
without incurring extra fees. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fees incurred
as a result of any changes made and these costs will be borne by the Winner and their
43. The Major Prize Winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must
depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their
nearest capital city for flight departure. It is the Winner’s responsibility to organise transfers
and cover associated costs to and from the Winner and their travelling companion’s residence
and nearest capital city.
44. The Major Prize Winner, or their travelling companion, may be required to provide a credit card
in order to check-in at the hotel for a security deposit, and to cover any incidental charges.
45. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to
seasonal embargos. The Promoter has the right to determine the airline carrier at its discretion.
In the event that a Winner requests a specific carrier, not offered by the Promoter, any
subsequent or additional fees and taxes, if applicable will be the responsibility of the Winner.
Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airlines departure city and their
current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. The Promoter
is not responsible for the cancellation, delay or rescheduling of any part of a travel Prize and any
costs incurred by the Winner or any travelling companion(s) as a result (including
accommodation costs) will be the responsibility of the Winner.
46. Network TEN and their associated agencies and companies or any organisation or individual
associated with the provision of the Prize(s) make no representation as to the safety conditions
or other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained
from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the
Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, www.dfat.gov.au
47. With effect from Friday 1 April 2016, all passengers travelling to the USA under the Visa Waiver
Program must hold a passport with an integrated chip. See here for list of countries under the
Visa Waiver Program http://www.immihelp.com/visa-waiver-program/
48. Only travellers who are eligible to enter the USA are able to partake in this major travel prize. If
the Winner is, for whatever reason, ineligible to enter the USA they forfeit the major travel
The Living Room Hawaii Competition TCs 280518 (00000002) Page 6 of 8
49. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure they have valid documentation, including
but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and
other government authorities at every destination. Any necessary visas, vaccinations, passports
and any associated costs are the responsibility of the Winner and their travelling companion.
Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not
meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s.
50. The Winner, and their travelling companion/s, must be in possession of a valid 5 or 10 year
passport, and must have a minimum of 90 days validity remaining on the passport for the
duration of the prize holiday.
51. All components of the Major Prize must be fulfilled at the same time and they cannot be split
across different time periods. All elements of the package are subject to availability at the time
52. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in their contestant entry. Should an entrant’s
contact details change during the Competition Period it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify
the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be
directed to the Promoter.
53. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the Winner may be required to sign a legal release in
a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
54. Should the Major Prize Winner not meet any of the criteria stated in these terms and conditions
to be a valid Winner they will forfeit all rights to the Major Prize, and a redraw will take place to
reallocate the Major Prize to a valid Winner.
55. By accepting the prize, the Winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all
reasonable media editorial requests relating to the prize, including but not limited to, being
interviewed and photographed, filmed and/or chaperoned throughout the duration of the
56. WTFN (Producers of The Living Room) may wish to film the participants receiving their prize or
participating in the Winner announcement. The entrant gives permission for the filmed vision to
be used by WTFN in perpetuity, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the Winner
will not be entitled to any fee for such use. For the avoidance of doubt, this includes but is not
limited to the on-air broadcast of The Living Room on Network TEN, online and through
unlimited social media platforms and any repeat episodes. The Winner/s may need to make
themselves available for filming at a date nominated by WTFN, with details to be determined in
conjunction with WTFN.
57. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to
infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical
failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the
administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry
process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the
Competition, subject to government legislation.
The Living Room Hawaii Competition TCs 280518 (00000002) Page 7 of 8
58. If your entry is selected as a winning entry validation of your circumstances will be undertaken
by the Promoter. Method of validation (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter
at its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a Winner, the Winner will be
notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the
entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance,
the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of
accepting the prize the Winner signs any such legal documentation.
59. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude
or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer
protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except
for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the
Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability
(including negligence), for any personal injury; or loss or damage (including loss of opportunity);
whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion and:
(a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s
control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference: (c) any entry or prize
claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by
the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any
variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability
incurred by a Winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
60. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate, subject to government
61. All entries become the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects personal information
about you to enable you to participate in this promotion but no further use of this information
will be made without prior consent.
62. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including
but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained
in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The
Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the
phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this
Competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the
course of the administration of this Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion,
defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or
satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
63. With your express consent to do so, Hawaiian Airlines will handle entrant’s personal
information (e.g. first name, last name, address, suburb, state, postcode, phone number, email
be updated from time to time and it will be the entrant’s responsibility to keep up to date with
The Living Room Hawaii Competition TCs 280518 (00000002) Page 8 of 8
from Hawaiian Airlines’s by sending an email to email@example.com
or calling toll-free
at 877-HA-MILES (426-4537).
64. You consent to The Promoter collecting your personal information for the purpose of
conducting and promoting this Competition (including but not limited to determining and
notifying the Winner and prize fulfilment). Your personal information may be disclosed to a
third party as a result of entering this competition, including but not limited to Ansible Pty Ltd,
MultiChannel Network Pty Ltd and WTFN. Your personal information may be disclosed to State
and Territory lottery departments and Winners’ names published as required under the
relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements The
Promoter will only publish the Winner’s surname, initial and State. A request to access, update
or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter. If you are not willing for this to
occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
65. The Promoter is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)
and by entering the Competition, you (the entrant) are taken to consent to Network Ten Pty
access personal information that is held by Network Ten Pty Limited and seek correction of such
information. See www.tenplay.com.au/privacypolicy
to view Network Ten Pty Limited’s APP
complain about a breach of the APPs, or a registered code that is binding on Network Ten Pty
Limited and how Network Ten Pty Limited will deal with such complaints. We may disclose your
personal information to related entities and third party service providers outside Australia.
66. The Promoter is Network Ten Pty Limited (ABN: 91 052 515 250) of 1 Saunders Street, Pyrmont
67. Permit Approvals: ACT: TP 18/00919, NSW: LTPS/18/24624, SA: T18/848.