Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Saturday 20 April 2024, 05:05:05 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,650 comps and freebies worth over $33,794,640.37 listed

That's over thirty three million, seven hundred and ninety four thousand, six hundred and fourty dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015700 Total Posts (445533 Searchable Posts) in 297898 Topics by 41496 Members
Latest Member: Sindra
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  The Little Cornish Kitchen by Jane Linfoot - Book Review & Giveaway/RC
Entry Details
  • Little Cornish Kitchen book     Closing Date: Monday 18 June 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: The Little Cornish Kitchen by Jane Linfoot - Book Review & Giveaway/RC  (Read 85 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Monday 04 June 2018, 03:35:04 pm »
Go Up

http://www.withloveforbooks.com/2018/06/the-little-cornish-kitchen-by-jane.html

The Little Cornish Kitchen by Jane Linfoot - Book Review & Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads

Review by Suze

Clemmie is finally back in St Aidan, her old hometown. She left Cornwall to travel and ended up living in Paris. Clemmie is a free spirit and putting down roots is something she thinks she'll never do. When her grandmother leaves her an apartment Clemmie decides to live in it for a while. However, she isn't sure she can keep the place, because she needs money for repairs and doesn't have any savings. Her neighbor Charlie is a property developer who would love to buy the apartment. Clemmie doesn't want that to happen and to save her family legacy she starts The Little Cornish Kitchen.

Clemmie makes delicious deserts that she serves on organized events. With paying guests her apartment is profitable, but will she earn enough to keep Charlie away from what she's slowly starting to see as her home? Clemmie has to be inventive, but she also needs help and Charlie is incredibly charming. While he's teaching her how to cook she finds out he has a nice side as well. Clemmie isn't in St Aidan to stay, she still has a job in Paris. Will her wanderlust win it from the joy of spending time with friends and family?

The Little Cornish Kitchen is a wonderful heartwarming story. I loved the idea of serving delicious food in a living room setting and could easily picture Clemmie's amazing place. She's a kind and generous person. Staying in the apartment makes her learn something about her family and it was interesting to find out more about her history. Whatever she discovers, she doesn't have to deal with anything by herself. Clemmie is never alone, she always has someone to fall back on. Clemmie's friends are there for her and I loved their bond. For me that was one of the most special parts of the story. Their connection is truly beautiful. Jane Linfoot combines fabulous friendship with gorgeous true love and that works very well.

The Little Cornish Kitchen is filled with delicious descriptions of the most mouthwatering deserts. I could easily picture Clemmie's creations. Jane Linfoot effortlessly sets a perfect atmosphere. I love it when a story makes me smile and The Little Cornish Kitchen has that great sunny feelgood factor. I really liked this tasty book, it's a fantastic captivating story with a sweet romantic ending.

Advice

If you love delicious stories about friendship and true love set in small towns you'd definitely like The Little Cornish Kitchen.

About Jane Linfoot

I write happy fiction, with feisty heroines and lots of heart.

Writing is cool, because I get to wear pretty shoes instead of wellies. I live in a mountain kingdom in Derbyshire, England, where my family and pets are kind enough to ignore the chaos – happily, we’re in walking distance of a supermarket.

I love hearts, flowers, happy endings, all things vintage & most things french. When I’m not on facebook or twitter, and can’t find an excuse for shopping, I’ll be walking, or gardening. On days when I want to be really scared, I ride a tandem.

Website // Author Page Facebook // Personal Page Facebook // Twitter @janelinfoot // Pinterest

Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads

One very lucky reader of With Love for Books will receive a signed paperback copy of Christmas Promises at the Little Wedding Shop by Jane Linfoot.

The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. All of our giveaways are international.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0156 seconds with 8 queries.
Saturday 20 April 2024, 05:05:05 pm from 3.16.48.143