Tell us your favourite sporting moment to win flights to Europe with Qatar Airways
Home Offers FIFA World Cup Competition Entry
Qatar Airways is proud to be FIFA’s Official Airline Partner, and to celebrate we are giving you a chance to win a trip for two (2) to one of Qatar Airways' over 45 European destinations departing from Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, Adelaide, or Canberra.
There are also thirty (30) 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia™ Qatar Airways prize packs to be won for runner-ups.
To enter, simply tell us in 25 words or less your favourite sporting moment and why to go into the chance to win. Your favourite moment could take you and a plus one to Europe!
Competition closes on 8 July 2018 at 11:59PM AEST.
Terms and conditions apply.
Qatar Airways FIFA Competition 2018 Terms and Conditions
1. SUMMARY: The “Qatar Airways FIFA Competition 2018” Game of Skill is sponsored by Qatar Airways (the “Sponsor” or “Qatar Airways”) and the prizes and the competition are subject to these Official Rules. The prizes are described in the Section 6 below.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The game of skill competition is open to legal residents of Australia (“Eligible Country”) who are over the age of 18 years as of June 14, 2018, have a valid passport at the time of departure to an international destination, and have not been a previous winner of any Qatar Airways’ promotion (the “Participants”). Employees, officers, directors and agents of Qatar Airways and its subsidiaries, and each of their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members are not eligible to participate in the competition. Each Participant confirms that it meets all eligibility requirements in this Clause 2.
3. AGREEMENT TO RULES: Participants must comply with these Official Rules. All interpretations of these Official Rules by Qatar Airways are final and the Sponsor’s decisions are final in all matters relating to this competition.
4. PROMOTION: This competition begins on June 15, 2018 at 00:01 am AEST and ends on July 8, 2018 at 11:59 pm AEST (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s clock determines time.
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROMOTION:
a) To enter the competition, Eligible Entrants will need to access the online form https://www.qatarairways.com/en-au/offers/fifa-world-cup-competition.html
and provide the following information on the relevant Promotion Period:
i. Complete accurate personal details including the entrant's name, date of birth, email address and mobile phone number; and
ii. A response to the question "In 25 words or less, what is your favourite sporting moment and why?”
Entries will only be valid if they are completed strictly in accordance with above.
Each Participant may only enter once. By entering, entrants consent to their entries being published on the Sponsors' Social Media channels, in any and all form as determined by the Sponsors’ Social Media team.
It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor if the entrant's personal details change.
b) A total of thirty-one (31) prizes will be announced on July 17, 2018 to Participants judged and selected by the Sponsor from all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Entries will be judged based on the creativity and originality of the responses to the promotional question.
c) Each Winner will be sent a prize announcement email (“Prize Announcement”) on July 17, 2018 using the email address provided at the time of entry.
d) Each Winner must respond to the Prize Announcement within five (5) days from the date of the email received above, including providing a validly executed Release (as defined in Clause 7 below). Each Winner responding within this timeframe to the Prize Announcement in accordance with this clause 5(d) will receive an email which will include a voucher containing the details of the prize redemption process. Other terms and conditions as specified on the voucher will apply.
e) If a Winner does not meet the eligibility requirement or does not timely respond to the Prize Announcement, Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify the Winner.
f) The Participant will not make any claim against the Sponsor for entries lost, damaged or delayed, or due to computer or information technology errors in transit.
Qatar Airways will grant thirty-one (31) prizes Winners whose entries are judged to be the best in the Sponsors' absolute discretion.
a) Major Prize - The Winner with the best entry will win a major prize consisting of two (2) x Economy Return Flights to one of Qatar Airways' online European destinations via Doha (Qatar Airways International Hub) departing from Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Adelaide, or Canberra only. Total prize value is up to $4,000AUD depending on departure point, destination and travel dates. The prize may vary in value.
i. Travel tickets must be booked by December 15, 2018, and travel must be completed by March 31, 2019.
ii. Flights are subject to availability at the time of booking and blackout periods apply, in peak periods from July - September 2018 and December 2018 - January 2019.
iii. Flights can only be booked and confirmed within 3 months of departure.
iv. The prize does not include travel to or from the departure point, accommodation, travel insurance, passport, or visas, meals, airport transfers, excess baggage, or any other costs of a personal nature not stated.
v. Compliance with any health, security or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion.
vi. The Sponsor makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
vii. The winner and their travel companion will not accrue Qatar Airways Frequent Flyer Points on the prize travel.
viii. The prize cannot be exchanged for goods or cash nor can it be sold to any other person.
ix. Flights do not include stopovers and itinerary cannot be broken. Name changes or departure and return date changes may incur costs at the Winner's expense.
b) Secondary Prizes - The Winners with the 30 next best entries will each win a prize pack consisting of an iPhone cover and a water bottle, valued at $40AUD. Each Winner is only entitled to one (1) prize pack only.
Total prize pool value is $5,200AUD.
7. GENERAL RESTRICTIONS:
a) Winners will be required to sign and return via email, the affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, except where prohibited, publicity release (collectively, the “Release”) forms provided by Sponsor, within five (5) days of receipt in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If a chosen Winner fails to return the Release within five (5) days or if the Winner is disqualified, the prize will be forfeited. If a Winner is not reachable at the e-mail address provided to Sponsor, then the prize will be forfeited.
b) No cash redemption or prize substitutions are allowed. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value in Sponsor’s discretion. A Winner who is ineligible for a prize, or is unable to or who does not accept or utilize a prize, for any reason forfeits the prize and will not make any claim against the Sponsor. Each Winner is responsible for any and all, fees, security and passenger facility charges applicable to the prize, which may not be issued without payment for taxes and fees (except as specified otherwise in the voucher).
c) All travel arrangements must be booked through Qatar Airways in compliance with instructions given to the Winners. Winners are responsible for the cost of visa(s), passport(s), and transportation to and from the point of origin, lodging expenses, meals, and other travel expenses unless stated otherwise. Prizes are non-extendable, non-transferable and non-cashable.
d) Internet entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
e) Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Participant or Winner who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the competition, or violates the Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The Participant will not make any claim against the Sponsor and its agencies for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this competition which may limit the ability to participate or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this competition. Sponsor reserves the right to modify or cancel the competition if it becomes technically corrupted. In such event, Sponsor will award prize via random drawing from eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Subject to applicable laws of the eligible countries, each Winner by participating in the competition grants consent to Sponsor to collect, use the Winner’s name, voice, photograph and/or biographical data for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes worldwide in perpetuity addressed to the general public in all forms of media, including on social media on Sponsor’s website, in connection with the competition in perpetuity, without any obligation or consideration or counter-part whether financial or otherwise, except for the awarding of the prize to the Winner.
. If the information requested by the Sponsor is not provided on the entry form in accordance with clause 5(a), the Participant's entry may not be accepted.
a) By entering the competition, each Participant releases and agrees not to make any claim against Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and media including Facebook and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents (“Competition Entities”), for any injury, loss or damages of any kind to persons, including death, personal injury, property damage, or financial loss, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the acceptance, possession, use, non-use or misuse of a prize or participation in this competition or participation in any competition or prize-related activity and the competition Entities are released and held harmless from them. Winner assumes all liability for participation in all aspects of the prize.
b) Subject to clause 10(c), prizes are provided “as is” and without any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied in fact or in law, and any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
c) Nothing in clause 10(b) limits any right or guarantee ("Consumer Guarantee") the Participant may have under Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and any equivalent state or territory legislation ("Australian Consumer Law") or any other applicable laws and conventions that cannot lawfully be excluded.
11. FORCE MAJEURE: EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY SET OUT IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, QATAR AIRWAYS AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, DIVISIONS, AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY FAILURE TO PERFORM, OR DELAY IN PERFORMANCE OF, ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OBLIGATIONS THAT ARE CAUSED BY EVENTS OUTSIDE OF THEIR REASONABLE CONTROL. QATAR AIRWAYS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THE COMPETITION TERMINATES OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE USED OR REDEEMED DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, WAR, TERRORISM, EXPLOSIONS, FIRES, FLOODS OR OTHER NATURAL CALAMITIES, BAD WEATHER, STRIKES, RIOT, CIVIL DISRUPTION, INTERNET FAILURES, OR OTHER ACTS OF GOD OR THE WINNER, OR FOR ANY OTHER OCCURRENCES WHICH ARE OUTSIDE OF QATAR AIRWAYS’ REASONABLE CONTROL.
12. DISCLAIMERS: If this competition cannot be administered as contemplated for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the competition, Winner selection, or prizes without prior notice.
13. GOVERNING LAW: This competition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning this Promotion will be governed by the laws of the State of Qatar and any applicable local laws of the Eligible Country.
14. SEVERABILITY: The invalidity, illegality, or unenforceability of any portion or provision of these Official Rules shall in no way affect the validity, legality, or enforceability of any other portion or provision hereof. Any invalid, illegal, or unenforceable portion or provision shall be deemed severed from these Official Rules and the balance of these Official Rules shall be construed and enforced as if these Official Rules did not contain such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable portion or provision.
15. TAXES: Unless stated otherwise, Winners are responsible for all applicable taxes in connection with their prize, including all federal, state and local taxes and the reporting consequences thereof. Sponsor will comply with all government reporting obligations. Winners must provide tax and personal information as a condition of being awarded a prize.
16. SPONSOR: This competition is sponsored by Qatar Airways, Q.C.S.C. a Qatari Closed Shareholding company organized and existing under the applicable laws of the State of Qatar, with commercial registration N°16070, PO Box 22550, Doha, State of Qatar (“Sponsor”). The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding on all aspects of this competition.