Australia’s biggest festival of new music, BIGSOUND is the ultimate inner-city festival experience.
Running over four balmy September nights (Sept 4 – 7), Brisbane’s Fortitude Valley comes alive with a global gathering of musicians, industry, brands, media and music lovers.
Nowhere else in Australia are there so many top class venues in such close proximity. Festival goers get unfettered access to 18 live music venues with one wristband, allowing you to hop from one venue to the next, discovering the hottest new Australian acts.
Showcases the next big thing to fans, industry, and international tastemakers alike the event features over 150 acts with 270 showcases. Its massive artist line-up has been instrumental in uncovering names like Flume, Rufus, Courtney Barnett, Stella Donnelly, The Temper Trap, A.B. Original, Remi, Gang of Youths and many more who launched their careers at BIGSOUND. Who will be next?
To enter participants must name the band they discovered before anyone else did
Prize details include:
Four (4) return economy airfares, departing from Winner’s nearest capital city in Australia to Brisbane; departing Tuesday 4 September 2018 and returning Saturday 8 September 2018.
Four (4) nights accommodation per person at Sage Hotel James Street for the nights of Tuesday 4 September 2018, Wednesday 5 September 2018, Thursday 6 September 2018, and Friday 7 September 2018.
Four (4) Return Airtrain transfers from Brisbane Domestic Airport to Fortitude Valley station. Valid until Sunday 9 September, 2018.
Four (4) BIGSOUND Festival 2018 4-Night Rainbow Passes to official showcase events on Tuesday 4 September 2018 (8pm – 12am), Wednesday 5 September 2018 (8pm – 12am), Thursday 6 September 2018 (8pm – 12am), Friday 7 September 2018 (4pm – 12am)
$200.00 Dining Voucher for Gerard’s Bistro, 14/15 James St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006. Valid until 23:59PM Tuesday 11 December, 2018.
Visit Brisbane Competition Terms & Conditions
Win the ultimate BIGSOUND Festival experience for you & 3 friends
PROMOTION CONDUCTED BY
Queensland Music Network Inc.
QMusic, 3/374 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006
PO Box 878, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006
Phone: 07 3257 0013
ABN: 14 083 014 720
In conjunction with Brisbane Marketing, Tourism and Events Queensland, Sage Hotels James Street, Airtrain & Gerard’s Bistro.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 years
- Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions
- The Promotion is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the winner.
- To enter participants must name the band they discovered before anyone else did on www.visitbrisbane.com.au
or via the www.facebook.com/BIGSOUNDmusic
Facebook competition form. Answers submitted elsewhere, including on Twitter or Instagram, will not be counted as an entry.
- Entrants in the competition may enter multiple times.
- Entry is open to residents of Australia only, however management, employees and contractors (or immediate family) of QMusic, the agencies associated with this competition (Brisbane Marketing, Tourism and Events Queensland, Airtrain, Bigfish, Sage Hotels James Street, Gerard’s Bistro and any of their related companies are not eligible to enter.
- The ‘Competition’ will be held once. Winners will be selected at 12:00pm Monday, 16 July 2018 on premises at 3/374 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006. The winners will be contacted by QMusic by phone or email to arrange for the booking of the prize, which will occur within 7 days of the draw. All flight booking must be made by Wednesday, 1 August 2018.
- Each valid entry will be judged by QMusic staff. The judges will select the winning entry, based on the most creative or best written comment.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize
- The ‘Competition’ begins at 9:00am AEST on Monday, 25 June 2018
- The ‘Competition’ ends at 23:59pm AEST on Thursday, 12 July 2018
- The prize includes:
o Four (4) return economy airfares, departing from Winner’s nearest capital city in Australia to Brisbane; departing Tuesday 4 September 2018 and returning Saturday 8 September 2018.
o Four (4) nights accommodation per person at Sage Hotels James Street for the nights of Tuesday 4 September 2018, Wednesday 5 September 2018, Thursday 6 September 2018, and Friday 7 September 2018.
o Return Airtrain transfers from Brisbane Domestic Airport to Fortitude Valley station
o Four (4) BIGSOUND Festival 2018 Rainbow Passes to official showcase events on Tuesday 4 September 2018 (8pm – 12am), Wednesday 5 September 2018 (8pm – 12am), Thursday 6 September 2018 (8pm – 12am), Friday 7 September 2018 (4pm – 12am)
o $200.00 Dining Voucher for Gerard’s Bistro, 14/15 James St, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006. Valid until 23:59PM Tuesday 11 December, 2018
- The prize does not include entry to BIGSOUND conference
- Total prize is valued up to a maximum of AU $4,999.00
- If the Winner is not contactable for more than 1 week from the initial notification, the Prize will be allocated to the next best entry as judged by QMusic judges
- The results of the ‘Competition’ will be published by BIGSOUND on websites www.bigsound.org.au
and via www.facebook.com/BIGSOUNDmusic
Tuesday, 17 July 2018
- Incomprehensible and incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
- Prize is valid for 1 week from confirmation of winning
- Prize is non-transferrable (i.e. no name changes), non-negotiable, may not be replaced or refunded, and cannot be taken as cash
- All prize airfares must be redeemed at the same time
- Winner and Guests must be in possession of a legal photographic identification as required by Virgin Australia and are subject to Virgin Australia’s conditions of carriage and fare rules.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. This includes arriving for flights and transfers on time.
- If the Winner or Guests miss any fights or transfers the Winner or Guest are responsible for any costs associated with new bookings or changes and not the Promoter.
- All other expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals and all other ancillary costs are the responsibility of the Winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of the Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including delays in the posting of entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
- The cost of entering the competition will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider.
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s words, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with The Promoter or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result or winning entries.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter and may be used for promotional purposes.
- The Promoter collects personal information about you to enable you to participate in this promotion. Information supplied when logging your comment will be used by QMusic to contact you in the event your comment is selected as the winning entry. We may also use personal information to send you information about our activities, or about goods or services that we believe may be relevant or useful to you. Some further examples of how we may use your information include, but are not limited to: a) conducting promotions, b) statistical purposes, c) with third party agencies working directly on behalf of QMusic on QMusic activities, d) with third parties including, Facebook to provide targeted ads related to the promotion. No further use of this information will be made without prior consent, or if we are required or permitted by law to do so.
- We will take all steps necessary to keep any personal information we hold secure from unauthorised disclosure or access. Where possible, access will be restricted to authorised personnel only. While we take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure, we can't give you an absolute guarantee that your information is always secure as no data sent over the internet is 100% secure. We will not be responsible for any liability, loss or damage arising from unauthorised access to your information.
- The ‘Competition’ is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
- By entering this competition, you are agreeing to receive email updates from Brisbane Marketing & BIGSOUND Festival.