You're Invited: Jack River Live At The ELLE x MG3 'Power Of 3' Event
Oh, and did we mention you can win the new MG3?
Things are always better in threes.
Case(s) in point: Gabi Asfour, Angela Donhauser and Adi Gil, the trio of designers behind Threeasfour; the HAIM sisters; the Hadids—arguably the most fashionable trio on the planet right now—the Hemsworths; the Cambridges' children.
All roads lead back to three. And now's your chance to be third time lucky (the first time).
On the third Thursday in August, ELLE and MG3 will be hosting the 'Power of 3' event in Sydney. Jack River will be performing, Sarah Ellen will be there showcasing her customised MG3 and Australian illumination artist, Laura Jade, will be there to blow your damn minds—by turning your thoughts into a light show.
One lucky ELLE reader will also WIN an MG3.
Simply register below for the event, tell us in 25 words or less why you'd like to win an MG3 and join us in Sydney on the 16 August. Tickets are FREE, but limited, so get in quick.
When: Thursday, 16 August
Where: The Elston Room, Carriageworks, Sydney
More info: Over 18s only. Attendees can register for a test drive at the 'Power of 3' event—the MG3 winner must have done a test drive. The winner will be notified on 30 November.
ELLE xMG3 ‘Power of 3 Event’
Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of these terms and conditions. By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. The Promotion commences at 9:00am on Friday 13th July 2018 and ends at 6:00pm on Sunday 21st October 2018 AEST/AEDST (“Promotional Period”).
3. You must be aged 18 years or over to enter and hold a valid drivers licence. Entry is open to Australian residents only. Employees of the Promoter, MG Motor Australia & Joy Agency along with their immediate family and other persons associated with the Promotion are ineligible to enter.
4. To enter: You can enter by going to https://www.elle.com.au/win/elle-jack-river-gig-17963
the prompts to the competition entry page. At the competition entry page, you submit an online entry by completing the entry form (including your full name, mailing address, email address, daytime telephone number and answer, in 25 words or less 3 reasons why you would like to win the MG3 and submitting the entry as instructed during the Promotional Period and;
5. Register and attend the ELLE xMG3 ‘Power of 3 Event’ on Thursday 16th August 2018 and;
6. Register for and take a test drive of the MG3 at registered MG3 dealerships between Friday 17th August & Sunday 21st October 2018.
7. Only one entry per person will be permitted to enter the competition and in accordance with the entry requirements.
8. The promoter reserves the right to close the competition on or before Friday 9th August, subject to final venue capacity.
9. An entry must not be: (a) late; (b) incomplete; (c) indecipherable; (d) incomprehensible; (e) illegible; (f) unlawful; (g) obscene; (h) defamatory; (i) discriminatory; (j) threatening; (k) pornographic; (l) harassing; (m) hateful; (n) racially or ethnically offensive; (o) capable of encouraging conduct that would be considered a criminal offence; (p) capable of violating any law; or (q) capable of giving rise to civil liability. Any such entry will be ineligible and will be discarded. Any entry that the judges deem otherwise inappropriate will be ineligible and will be discarded.
10. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11. Any costs associated with entering the Promotion, including data costs, are the entrant’s responsibility.
12. You must not engage in any illegal or unsafe behaviour whilst participating in the Promotion. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter and its partners exclude any legal liability or responsibility for incidents or activities, whether legal or otherwise, engaged in by you or any other person during participation in the Promotion.
13. The Promotion is a game of skill; chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on its literary, artistic and creative merit. The judges’ decision will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions or any other applicable terms may result in disqualification and/or forfeiture of prizes at the Promoter’s sole discretion.
15. You warrant to the Promoter that your entry is an original work that does not infringe the rights of any person. You warrant that you own or have all necessary licences, rights, consents and permissions to use and authorize the Promoter to use all trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to your entry to enable inclusion and use of your entry in the manner contemplated by these terms and conditions. If any part of the information provided by you in relation to you entry was provided by a third party, you warrant that you have obtained the relevant copyright permission to submit the entry for the purposes of the Promotion.
16. You indemnify the Promoter against all claims and costs by third parties arising from a breach of the warranties contained in these terms and conditions.
17. You grant to the Promoter an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual licence to use your entry in any manner and for any purpose at its absolute discretion, including using your entry in connection with book publication and promotional, marketing or publicity purposes without any further reference or payment or other compensation to you. The Promoter may amend, edit, select, crop, retouch, add to or delete from any part of your entry.
18. The Promoter will not be liable for any breach of copyright in connection with your entry. You will be solely responsible your entry and the consequences of submitting it.
19. The Promoter may use and may permit others to use your entry at its absolute discretion, including in connection with a story or feature on the Promotion to be published in any of its print or digital publications, without further remuneration or reference to you.
Judging and award of prize
20. The judging will be conducted by a panel of judges appointed by the Promoter. The judging will take place at Bauer Media, 54 Park Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and will begin on 22nd October 2018 and be announced by Friday 26th October 2018.
21. The best valid entry as determined by the judges will win the following prize(s):
• 1 x Manufacturer’s MG3 vehicle, suggested retail price (MSRP) is $17,990.00 AUD.
• Plus on road costs. Costs vary state by state and are dependant on vehicle usage purposes and registered 18+ driver’s age.
The TOTAL PRIZE POOL IS VALUED AT UP TO $17990.00 AUD (including GST).
22. The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing via email within 7 business days of the draw using the contact details provided in their entry. The winner’s name may be published in either Promoter or MG Motor Australia digital and print platforms.
23. The winner must take the prize as offered. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not exchangeable and cannot be redeemed as cash. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other special offer.
24. If, for any reason, the winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
25. If a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter may substitute an alternative prize to substantially the same recommended retail value and/or specification, subject to any written direction from the various regulatory authorities.
26. The prize includes standard fittings, registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary between States). Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are the responsibility of the winner. All optional extras and accessories, comprehensive insurance and any other insurance not stated as included in the prize, fuel, personal costs and any other ancillary associated with redeeming the prize are excluded and are the responsibility of the winner.
27. The external and interior colour of the prize is at the discretion of the supplying dealer and will be based on availability. Any number plate details used in the promotional material are representational only. Subject to agreement by the supplying dealer, stock availability and subject to the winner agreeing to pay any additional amount requested by the supplying dealer, the winner may choose to include optional extras and accessories. Except as stated in these terms and conditions, the supplying dealer will not provide a substitute model.
28. The winner must provide all information and sign all documentation necessary to enable Promoter to register the prize in the winner's name prior to collection. Receipt of the prize is subject to the winner being able to lawfully take possession of the prize and comply with all registration and compulsory third party insurance requirements of the State or Territory in which the winner elects for the vehicle to be registered.
29. The winner must collect the prize from their nearest dealership, as specified by the Promoter. If the winner is unable to collect the prize, the winner may incur cost of transporting the prize, from their nearest dealership to an alternate prize collection location as nominated by the winner and deemed acceptable by the Promoter. Any costs associated with the transport of the prize to an alternate location will be responsibility of the winner.
30. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any mechanical, body or paint repairs from the date and time of delivery.
31. The prize does not include any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize, which are the responsibility of the winner.
32. The prize does not include any installation or set-up of any of the products.
33. Products included in a prize package (including but not limited to titles, colour, design, sizing, model, finish, style, etc.) will be determined by the Promoter in its complete discretion.
34. In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that they may incur ongoing costs associated with the prize that are the responsibility of the winner.
35. The prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
36. The Promoter’s decision in relation to all aspects of the Promotion is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
37. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion.
38. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act or similar applicable laws (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for any: (a) personal injury arising in any way out of the Promotion; or (b) any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (i) the Promotion; (ii) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (iii) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iv) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (v) any variation in prize value to that stated in these terms and conditions; (vi) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (vii) use of the prize.
39. Subject to the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter makes no representations or warranty as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any of the goods or services offered as a prize.
41. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Limited (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 Park Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 (phone: (02) 8268 8000).
3rd Party Data Clause