To enter, entrants must:
- Visit the WIN Network website (www.wintv.com.au
- Click on the ‘Competitions’ header or click on Click Here To Enter logo under WIN
- Complete the entry form and select the region where they’re residing in and select a
business which they have visited
- Tell us in 25 words or less about their positive
experience with the business visited.
Entrant with the most creative response wins
Local Businesses Do It Better Competition – Terms and Conditions
1. Information on prizes and how to enter form part of these conditions of entry.
2. The promoter is WIN Television Network Pty Ltd (ACN 008 589 026) Television Ave, Mt St
Thomas NSW 2500.
3. The competition commences at 08:00am AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on
Wednesday August 1st 2018 and closes at 23:59pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on
Friday August 31st 2018. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for lost, late, illegible or
4. The promotion is open to all residents of Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales,
Queensland, Victoria, Tasmania, South Australia and Western Australia in Australia. Entrants
must be at least eighteen (18) years or older. Employees and immediate families of WIN
Network licensed television companies, its subsidiaries and associated agencies are not eligible
to enter. “Immediate Family” means spouse, defacto spouse, parent, natural or adopted child &
sibling (whether natural or adopted by a parent), whether or not they live in the same household
as the employee. The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence
will be entered into.
5. The promotion is a game of
breach of warranty. It is a condition of the awarding of the prize that the winner must, if
requested to do so by the Promoter, sign and return any Affirmation of Eligibility to Enter,
Ownership of Entry, Release and Compliance statements provided to the winner by the
Promoter. The failure to return signed statements will result in the entitlement to the prize
being forfeited and the Promoter will re-draw another winner.
9. There are no limitations on the number of the entries.
10. From the collected group of entries, one (1) winner will be selected and drawn at the head office
of WIN Television Network Pty Ltd at Television Avenue, Mt St Thomas, NSW 2500.
11. The winner will be determined by 17:00pm AEST (Australian Eastern Standard Time) on Friday
September 7th 2018.
12. The most original and creative Entry, according to the judges, will win a ten (10) night Discover
Vanuatu cruise for four (4) people in a Quad-share balcony room departing before 30th June
2019 from Sydney, excluding school holidays. Subject to availability.
13. The prize includes:
- 10 nights’ accommodation in a balcony room for 4 people, visiting Noumea, Port Villa, Lifou,
Isle of Pines and The Mystery Island
- On-board main meals (with the exception of those restaurants which have an additional
cover charge) for 4 people; and
- Selected on-board activities, evening entertainment, and access to nightclubs (with the
exception of those activities and facilities which have an additional cover charge) for 4
- Visa debit card at the value of $1500 (in lieu of flights)
14. Total prize pool value is up to AU$8,796.
15. The prize does not include flights and/or transfers to/from the winner’s home to the departure
port of Sydney. Any costs associated with transport to/from the departure port will be the
responsibility of the winner and will not be borne by the Promoter. Shore excursions or other
on-board activities, spending money, additional meals, taxes, insurance, passports, visas,
vaccinations, transfers, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs
are not included. Prize must be taken before 30th June 2019.
16. The winner or their travelling companion must be over the age of 18. Alcohol consumption and
gambling on-board are restricted to passengers aged 18 years of age or older.
17. Each winner and their companion are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary and
valid travel documentation including, passports, any requisite visas and vaccinations. The
winner and travel companion will be responsible for any expenses incurred in obtaining
necessary travel documentation, including any fines, or penalties incurred as a result of not
having the requisite travel documentation. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its
absolute discretion. A credit card imprint or cash deposit will be required from the winner at
check-in in order to board the cruise ship, for all incidental charges.
18. The prize must be taken before 30th June 2019. The prize cannot be changed once the booking
has been made. If the winner and travelling companions are, for whatever reason, unable to
travel on the nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated
by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
19. Standard terms and conditions of travelling with the Promoter will apply, including any
applicable age restrictions. See Booking and Passage Conditions athttps://www.pocruises.com.au/plan/how-to-book/book-travel-conditions
which passengers will
be bound by.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to allow a winner and/or his/her travelling
companions to take part in any or all aspects of the prize if it determines in its absolute
discretion that a winner and/or his/her travelling companion are not in the mental or physical
condition necessary to be able to safely participate in the prize, or if they pose a risk to the
safety and wellbeing of any other passenger.
21. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right
to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or
specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
22. All prize items are valued inclusive of GST and the Promoter takes no responsibility for any
variations in item values. In the event any prize item is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the
right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value. Any taxes which may be payable as a
consequence of a winner receiving a prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
23. The winner will be notified by email and phone using the details provided in their entry and their
name will appear on the WIN TV website (www.wintv.com.au
) by 17:00pm AEST (Australian
Eastern Standard Time) on Friday September 7th 2018. The winner’s details will be displayed on
the WIN Television website for a minimum of 30 days after they have been drawn.
24. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be
taken as cash. All components of the prize must be taken together otherwise the prize is
deemed to be forfeited. Travel is subject to booking availability and blackout periods may apply.
Prizes are not to be re-sold, are non-transferable and may not be redeemed for cash. All prizes
awarded are for the benefit of the entrant only unless otherwise specified in a Schedule for the
Promotion and are non-transferable. If a prize comprises tickets or attendance at any function or
event, the Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of the function or event. If a
prize comprises vouchers and/or tickets, then all vouchers and/or tickets will be subject to the
terms and conditions of the provider of the vouchers and/or tickets and the expiry date specified
by the provider of the vouchers and/or tickets.
25. If the prize remains unclaimed 1 week after the draw, the Promoter may award the prize to
another entrant as a re-draw. This re-draw will be conducted by an official WIN Television
Network Pty Ltd representative at Television Ave, Mt St Thomas NSW 2500 at 10:00am AEST
(Australian Eastern Standard Time) on Friday September 14th 2018. Where an offered prize is no
longer current, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
26. The prize winner of the re-draw will be notified by phone and email and the winner’s details will
be displayed on the WIN Television website (www.wintv.com.au
) by 17:00pm AEST (Australian
Eastern Standard Time) on Friday September 14th 2018. The winner’s details will be displayed on
the WIN Television website for a minimum of 30 days after they have been drawn.
27. The Promoter makes no representation or warranties as to the
quality/suitability/merchantability of any of the goods/services offered as prizes. To the extent
permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or
property including but not limited to consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any
act or omission, deliberate or negligent by the Promoter or its servants or agents in connection
with the arrangement for supply or the supply of any goods and services by any person to the
prize winner where applicable and to any family/persons accompanying the winner.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered
(including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury
suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability which cannot be
excluded by law.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information
communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is
occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without
limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
- This clause does not affect and is not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have
which are not able to be excluded under applicable Australian consumer protection laws. To
the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for
breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied
28. The winner consents to the use of his or her name, suburb of residence and image for
promotional and marketing purposes and agrees to participate in reasonable promotional
activities as requested by the Promoter.
29. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by
computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other
causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security,
fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole
discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written
directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion
to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these
conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper conduct calculated to jeopardize the
fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or
other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone
network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment
software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any
combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s
computer related to or resulting from participation in or down loading any materials in this
- CAUTION: Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or the information on a website
or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this competition, may be a violation
of criminal and civil laws and should an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the
Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
30. All entries and any copyright existing in the entries become and remain the property of the
Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them
about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to
assist the Promoter to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium
including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not wish to provide the
information, your entry will not be accepted.
31. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion and entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of
the courts of Australia and the jurisdiction of New South Wales in particular.