Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 25 April 2024, 12:01:02 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,658 comps and freebies worth over $33,584,219.76 listed

That's over thirty three million, five hundred and eighty four thousand, two hundred and nineteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015928 Total Posts (445761 Searchable Posts) in 298112 Topics by 41498 Members
Latest Member: Nessie65
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Tanner's Promise by Kaylie Newell - Book Review & Giveaway/RC
Entry Details
  • Tanner's Promise - Book     Closing Date: Sunday 26 August 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Tanner's Promise by Kaylie Newell - Book Review & Giveaway/RC  (Read 68 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Sunday 12 August 2018, 10:31:36 am »
Go Up

https://www.withloveforbooks.com/2018/08/tanners-promise-by-kaylie-newell-book.html

Tanner's Promise by Kaylie Newell - Book Review & Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads Bookdepository

Review by Suze

Tanner is setting up a landscaping business in his hometown Marietta. When his mother passes away he becomes his sister Maddie’s temporary guardian. Tanner isn’t sure he can give the preteen the care she needs, but he loves her dearly and is very protective of her. That’s why he doesn’t want Maddie to stay at home by herself when he’s working. Fortunately the ideal solution presents itself. Tanner’s next project is at the house of his high school crush. Francie is a teacher and doesn’t mind spending time with Maddie during the summer holidays. That also means Tanner will see her regularly, will his heart be able to handle this?

Tanner wasn’t popular in high school and when Francie sees him for the first time after many years she’s stunned. The lanky, awkward stuttering boy has grown into a gorgeous muscled man who knows exactly what to say. There’s definitely an attraction, but their past is something they have to put behind them first. Will they be able to deal with what went wrong in high school, so they can start looking at the future instead? Tanner isn’t ready for any kind of commitment, will spending time with Maddie and Francie change this?

Tanner’s Promise is a wonderful romantic story. Tanner had a tough life when he was a kid. He didn’t have an easy time at home and school was horrible. He wants things to be different for his sister and will do anything to make Maddie happy, even if it means letting her grow up elsewhere while it would break his heart. He’s such a kind and gentle man, but hasn’t received much love in return. Francie can change that, however, she has to deal with a part of her personality first that keeps getting her in trouble. I couldn’t wait to see where that would lead. Francie and Tanner have plenty of chemistry and their connection is deep and genuine, which is something I really liked. I also loved how they care about Maddie, she’s an adorable young girl and a real asset to the story. Kaylie Newell’s main characters are fantastic and constantly put a big smile on my face.

Marietta is a terrific location to read about. I enjoyed finding out more about this cosy small town a lot. Kaylie Newell’s vivid descriptions are making her setting come to life in a delightful way. I also admired how she creates a lovely heartwarming atmosphere that fabulously unites the place and the people she writes about. Tanner’s Promise has the exact right vibe, plenty of charm and beautiful meaningful relationships. I absolutely loved this amazing book.

Advice

If you love small town romance Tanner's Promise would be an excellent choice.

About Kaylie Newell

Kaylie Newell was born in the great state of Oregon, where she was raised alongside rivers and lakes and scruffy dogs that chased their tennis balls as far as Kaylie’s noodle arms could throw. As she grew, so did her imagination, and it didn’t take long to realize she was a romantic at heart. She began to fancy herself the future wife of a cowboy, the likes of which graced every paperback novel she could get her hands on.

She decided to go to college in Oklahoma to snag herself one, but irony won over when she fell in love with a hippie in sheep’s clothing instead. Together, they came back to Oregon, started a family and watched their dreams unfold. Kaylie wrote her first book when her girls were toddlers, editing sex scenes with The Wiggles on in the background.

She’s proud of many things in life, among them the fact that she can still recite her lines from Romeo and Juliet from her seventh grade play, the fact that she can set a grilled cheese sandwich on fire faster than most people can make one, but mostly she’s proud of the stories blossoming inside her noggin on a daily basis.

Links

Website // Facebook // Twitter // Amazon

Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads Bookdepository

One very Lucky reader of With Love for Books will receive a signed paperback copy of Christmas at the Graff by Kaylie Newell.

The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. All of our giveaways are international.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Thursday 25 April 2024, 12:01:02 am from 3.141.8.247