Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Thursday 28 March 2024, 08:59:52 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,665 comps and freebies worth over $24,154,580.60 listed

That's over twenty four million, one hundred and fifty four thousand, five hundred and eighty dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014484 Total Posts (444317 Searchable Posts) in 296723 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Win a double pass to see “Cloudland The Musical” - QLD
Entry Details
  • CloulandTheMusical double QLD     Closing Date: Monday 27 August 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Entertainment 
Prizes may include Movie & Concert Tickets, Prize Packs, Passes, Cds, DVDs ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Win a double pass to see “Cloudland The Musical” - QLD  (Read 112 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
culturebird
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

« : Friday 17 August 2018, 08:52:49 am »
Go Up

“The sort of music that was played at Cloudland suited what I do as a singer, so I decided to put a show together. The more I looked into the history of Cloudland, the more I was blown away. This wasn’t just a place where people danced and met one another, this had an impact on Brisbane,” he said.

Hayman said the original show was interactive and designed as a dance show.

In 2013, Hayman met Kylie Wall of Planet Ballroom at Capalaba and the two married in 2016.

“Just think. We are yet another couple that found each other through Cloudland,” he said.

Hayman said the stage show toured extensively in 2013 and in 2016, he expanded it to create the musical.  The story is told through three typical Brisbane families spanning three generations.

“The musical features the different eras, the bands that played and the social factors. It starts when the US Army signal base is told to vacate (1944) and spans its entire history from 1945 to 1982. It’s a fascinating story.”

Cloudland, at Bowen Hills could hold more than 5000 people and featured a host of national and international acts.

Cloudland the Musical is a story filled with drama and controversy. It features a cast of more than 30 world-class dancers, musicians and actors. It features the music of the Bee Gees, Buddy Holly, Dragon, The Angels, Jerry Lee Lewis, UB40, Icehouse, Johnny O’Keefe, Midnight Oil, Australian Crawl, Normie Rowe, Tony Worsley, Split Enz, The Sports, Bill Haley, The Stray Cats and Paul Anka.

Tickets to the Twin Towns show are $44 and can be booked through twintowns.com.au/events/cloudland-the-musical/ and cloudlandthemusical.com/tickets.html

WIN: Redland City Bulletin has one double pass (value $88) to give away. To be in the draw to win, enter your details below by 9am on Monday, August 27. Conditions may apply and winners will be contacted and announced online.

https://www.redlandcitybulletin.com.au/story/5496165/win-paul-brings-cloudlands-music-back/
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0109 seconds with 8 queries.
Thursday 28 March 2024, 08:59:52 pm from 3.236.145.110