Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 19 April 2024, 03:24:55 am   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,649 comps and freebies worth over $29,929,383.91 listed

That's over twenty nine million, nine hundred and twenty nine thousand, three hundred and eighty three dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1015624 Total Posts (445457 Searchable Posts) in 297823 Topics by 41494 Members
Latest Member: Stef15
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  The Black Tide: Rebellion by Baileigh Higgins - Book Review & Giveaway
Entry Details
  • The Black Tide: Rebellion Book     Closing Date: Wednesday 12 September 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: The Black Tide: Rebellion by Baileigh Higgins - Book Review & Giveaway  (Read 132 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Monday 03 September 2018, 09:52:21 pm »
Go Up

https://www.withloveforbooks.com/2018/09/the-black-tide-rebellion-by-baileigh.html

The Black Tide: Rebellion by Baileigh Higgins - Book Review & Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads Bookdepository

Review by Anniek

Ava and her sister Lexi are orphans now that the virus has also taken their father. The army is on the lookout for Ava after she stole food to survive. The virus became airborne and killed off the rest of humanity. Only those who turned out to be immune survived. Ava, Lexi, Sarah, Calypso and Lloyd are now living in a secluded river house, working hard to keep the place as secure and safe as possible. Will they be able to build a new life there?

Brian is in love with Ava, but they got separated when he was sent to the border. He applied for the army when his parents passed away after they got infected by the virus. Brian and two other military survivors are headed towards the river house, which belonged to Brian's parents. He hopes he'll find Ava and Lexi when he gets there. His military brothers aren't the most trustworthy human beings. Can he count on these guys to stand by his side when the going gets tough?

Ava has been so strong ever since the virus got out. She's taking care of her younger sister and she goes out on supply runs all the time. Together with Calypso and Lloyd they make a strong team. Ava misses Brian very much and she hopes that he's still alive and will eventually find his way back to her. Ava and Brian are both skilled enough to survive in this new harsh world, but they have remained caring and kind. I admired that in these people, even more so because of everything they've been through. After all the hurt I was hoping wholeheartedly that Ava and Brian would find their way back to each other.

The Black Tide: Rebellion is a bone chilling story about surviving in a lonely world. Now that the only people left are the ones who are immune to the virus, a new world has risen out of the ashes. Not everyone is having the best intentions and this results in situations that made me forget to breathe while I was reading. The Tides of Blood series is heart-stoppingly frightening and I had a hard time putting The Black Tide: Rebellion down. Baileigh Higgins always grabs me from the very beginning and I can't wait to read the final book in this fantastic gripping series.

Advice

If you're a fan of post-apocalyptic stories you shouldn't miss The Black Tide: Rebellion. Please note that this is the second book in the Tides of Blood series. I'd advise you to read The Black Tide: Remnants before starting this story and keep in mind that the story will continue in the next book, The Black Tide: Vanquish.

Free book

Goodreads

If you sign up for Baileigh Higgins's newsletter you will get Lycan Advent and The Hybrid Theory for free, plus you will be notified when she has a new release, promotion or giveaway.

About Baileigh Higgins

South African writer and coffee addict, Baileigh Higgins, lives in the Free State with hubby and best friend Brendan and loves nothing more than lazing on the couch with pizza and a bad horror movie.

Her unhealthy obsession with the end of the world has led to numerous books on the subject and a secret bunker only she knows the location of. She's never happier than when surrounded by friends and family. After all, home is with those you care the most about.

Links

Website // Facebook // Twitter // Amazon // Goodreads

Giveaway

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads

One very lucky reader of With Love for Books will receive a digital copy of the complete Death's Children by Baileigh Higgings box set that contains all eight books in the series.

The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. All of our giveaways are international.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0484 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 19 April 2024, 03:24:55 am from 18.117.182.179