Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 29 March 2024, 04:49:02 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,642 comps and freebies worth over $24,225,319.94 listed

That's over twenty four million, two hundred and twenty five thousand, three hundred and nineteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014527 Total Posts (444360 Searchable Posts) in 296765 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  What Makes My Heart Beat Faster by Jill Steeples - Guest Post & Giveaway
Entry Details
  • My Heart Beat Faster Book     Closing Date: Wednesday 26 September 2018

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Art & Literature 
Prizes may include Paintings, Magazines, Books etc ...
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: What Makes My Heart Beat Faster by Jill Steeples - Guest Post & Giveaway  (Read 168 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Monday 03 September 2018, 09:52:27 pm »
Go Up

https://www.withloveforbooks.com/2018/09/what-makes-my-heart-beat-faster-by-jill.html

What Makes My Heart Beat Faster by Jill Steeples - Guest Post & Giveaway

About Jill Steeples

Jill Steeples lives in a small market town in Bedfordshire with her husband and two children. When she’s not writing, she enjoys reading, walking, baking cakes, eating them and drinking wine.

From an early age she fell in love with the fabulously funny romances of Jilly Cooper, and vowed, one day, she would have a go at writing one of her own.

Jill loves writing short stories, particularly those with a twist in the tail, and her work has appeared in popular women’s magazines around the world and in a number of charity anthologies.

She is the author of seven romantic comedy novels.

Links

Website // Twitter // Facebook // Instagram

What makes my heart beat faster
Guest post by Jill Steeples

As a romance writer, you might expect this particular question to elicit a suitably romantic response from me. And it does, but not in the way you might imagine. You see, it’s not the sight of a tall, dark and handsome stranger across a crowded room, or an intimate dinner for two over a candlelit table or a walk across a sandy beach at sunset with that special person, that sets my heart really racing. Don’t get me wrong, all those scenarios are very appealing, and do indeed make my heart go pitter patter, but none of them are quite so exciting as the prospect of a night at the theatre, more specifically to watch a musical show.

I was a teenager when I first went to the West End in London to see a show which happened to be A Chorus Line at the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane and from that very first moment I was hooked by the whole spectacle of the occasion. It instilled in me a love for musical theatre which has continued to this day. I can remember that sense of awe and wonder as the curtain raised and the buzz of anticipation that rippled around the audience. The song and dance routines were energising and exciting, the whole cast super talented and inspiring to watch, and within moments I was totally immersed in the story unfolding me before me. When I left the theatre that night I felt totally joyous and uplifted and walked out into the London streets with a huge grin upon my face.

Over the years I’ve been lucky enough to see many shows and some of my favourites include 42nd Street, Chicago, Thoroughly Modern Millie, The Producers, Legally Blonde and so many more. My current obsession is Bat out of Hell which is showing at The Dominion Theatre in London, and anyone who knows me will know that I’ve been waxing lyrical about this show for months now. I’ve seen it five times so far and I’m already planning when I might be able to see it again! It’s a rock musical written by Jim Steinman and is based on the album of the same name. It’s a loose retelling of Peter Pan, with elements of Romeo and Juliet thrown in. It’s big and bold, has the most amazingly talented cast ever, special effects that will make you gasp and songs that will send goosebumps along the entire length of your body. At its heart though is a love story, and whether it’s a book or a film or a West End show, I’m a sucker for a good love story.

A good musical stage production is joyous, life-affirming and has the ability to transport you to another world, to offer an escape from reality for those two and a half magical hours and will have you leaving the theatre with a smile on your face and a heart-warming, feel-good factor tingling through your bones. For me, it’s the best feeling ever.

Honestly, if I wasn’t tone deaf and with two left feet, I might have been a musical star myself. Well, it doesn’t hurt to fantasise, does it?

Books by Jill Steeples

Amazon USA Amazon UK Goodreads Bookdepository
Giveaway

One very lucky reader of With Love for Books will receive a signed paperback copy of Wedding Bells at The Dog & Duck, a cute doggy tea towel and bookmarks from Jill Steeples.

The winner will be notified by email and has 3 days to respond. All of our giveaways are international.
Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 29 March 2024, 04:49:02 pm from 54.172.162.78