Win a $10k trip to Asia and see John Farnham in concerthttps://www.escape.com.au/win/win-a-10k-trip-to-singapore-and-thailand/news-story/58cb4c70fb163da18e7981d649cba266?nk=3f13df3eab19c8b374de487de61abd17-1536967245
To celebrate the launch of Imagine This, a travel show that takes you around the world in 30 minutes, airing on Foxtelís Lifestyle Channel, Escape and Imagine Cruising are offering one reader the chance to win the trip of a lifetime.
This holiday for two includes a three-night hotel stay in Singapore, exclusive John Farnham concert at Gardens by the Bay, four-night full board cruise on board Voyager of the Seas and five-night hotel stay in Koh Samui, valued at more than $10,000.
To enter, in 25 words or less, tell us what your ideal cruise would be and why?
TERMS AND CONDITIONS ó WIN! WITH IMAGINE CRUISING
1. The Promoter is News Limited (ABN 47 077 871 178) of Holt Street, Surry Hills. Telephone number 02 9288 3000.
2. Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
WHO CAN ENTER
4. Entry is open to all residents of Australia over the age of 18 except employees and immediate families of the Promoter and their associated companies and agencies and participating outlets. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
WHEN TO ENTER
5. The competition commences on 15 September at 9:00am AEST and concludes on 30 September at 9:00am AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including SMS messages not received by the Promoter or delays in the delivery of the SMS message due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account is invalid and will not be accepted.
HOW TO ENTER
Submitting their original entry:
ē ONLINE by logging onto escape.com.au/win and registering their details including (but not limited to) first name, last name, address, postcode, telephone number, email address, DOB and answer in 25 words or less to the question ĎTell us in 25 words or less what your ideal cruise would be and whyí to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrantís individual Internet Service Provider. The most creative answer will win.
7. Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. For the purposes of these content requirements, ďentry contentĒ includes any content (including text, photos, videos and email messages) that entrants submit, upload, transmit, publish, communicate or use in connection with their entry into the Promotion. Entries must be the entrantís original work. The Promoter reserves the right to verify, or to require the entrant to verify, that the entry is the entrantís original work. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoterís satisfaction, the entry will be deemed invalid. The Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take-down any part of an entrantís entry. An entrantís entry must not include:
(a) any image or voice of any other person without that personís express consent. Entrants warrant that if any such content is included, they have obtained the express consent of the relevant person;
(b) any content that contravenes any law, infringes the rights of any person or is potentially insulting, inflammatory, defamatory, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, indecent or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate (which includes, without limitation, any content involving nudity, malice, excessive violence or swearing); and
(c) any literary, dramatic, musical or artistic work, any audiovisual or sound recording, or any other item in which copyright subsists, unless the entrant is entitled to do so. If an entrant has any doubts about whether they have the right to include any content (for example, recorded music) they must not include it. By including any such content in their entry, the entrant warrants that they have the permission of the relevant copyright owner to do so and that this permission allows the Promoter to use the entry in accordance with these terms and condtions.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winnerís entry is of a type described in this clause.
8. Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple purchases.
NUMBER OF ENTRIES PERMITTED
10. ONE PRIZE PER PERSON. Only one entry per person.
DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER
11. The winner will be the valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is judged by News Corp Australia to be the creative answer will win at 9:00am on 1st October at 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills.
This competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner.
12. If any particular determination is scheduled on a public holiday, the determination will be take place on the following business day.
13. The Promoterís decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
14. The winner/s will be notified by telephone or email within two days of being determined. Winner/s of prizes will be published on the Escape website on 3rd October.
15. Prizes will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (ie. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
16. Should an entrantís contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrantís responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
PRIZE ON OFFER
17. Individual prize value is up to $5300 (including GST). Total prize pool value is up to $10,600] (including GST.
1 x winner will receive ó (for the chosen winner and guest)
Exclusive concert with John Farnham in Singapore and Koh Samui stay.
Includes a 3-night hotel stay in Singapore, exclusive John Farnham concert at Gardens by the Bay,
4-night full board cruise on board Voyager of the Seasģ
5-night hotel stay in Koh Samui.
18. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
20. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
21. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplierís requirements
22. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
23. Travel date is 25th October 2019.
FURTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
24. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory Legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
25. The Promoter and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
26. If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
27. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrantís responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
28. Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
29. An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
30. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
31. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplierís requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
32. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to redetermine the winner in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
34. In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winnerís submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winnerís participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or News Limited publications, or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
35. The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrantís entry or participation in any aspect of the promotion (Works). The entrant does not transfer their intellectual property rights to the Promoter by submitting an entry. The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all, to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photo(s), including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts) for the sole purpose of running the promotion, promoting and celebrating the promotion and future promotions and agrees that the Promoter may assign and/or sublicense the Works to third parties for this same purpose. Should the Promoter wish to use an entrantís Works for any other purposes, it will contact the entrant to discuss licensing opportunities.
The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called ďdroit moralĒ or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to minor alterations to the Works which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act). All Entrants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
36. In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoterís ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
37. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
38. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoterís legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
39. All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
40. [STANDARD OPT-IN]: All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). And Imagine Cruising. All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter and Imagine Cruising may use the entrantís names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrantís details should be directed to The Promoter.
41. Entrantsí personal information may be disclosed to State and Territory lottery departments and winnersí names published as required under the relevant lottery legislation. For purposes of public statements and advertisements the Promoter will only publish the winnerís surname, initial and state. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter.