Over 11 days the Brisbane International Film Festival (BIFF) will screen over 100 films, and present 24 special events across 8 venues in Brisbane! The program includes award-winning titles, Australian premieres, retro revivals, and films from Iran, Asia and Africa.
To celebrate the return of BIFF we are offering you the chance to win an overnight stay for two at the luxurious Emporium Hotel South Bank and two tickets to a BIFF film of your choice on Saturday 20 October. Enter now by completing and submitting the form below. Good luck!
Win a Brisbane International Film Festival getaway for two
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the competition conditions.
2. Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Prize: a) 2 x complimentary single entry tickets to a Brisbane International Film Festival (BIFF) 2018 screening, excludes the following BIFF Special Events: Opening Night Party + Film; Closing Night Party + Film; Bruce Beresford and Sue Millken ao on Ladies in Black; Li Cunxin and Bruce Beresford on Mao’s Last Dancer; Frogman; Teiji Ito: Music for Film; The Passion of Joan of Arc; Dining + Film Celeste; *Talking Film events; *Making Film events - BIFF tickets are subject to availability. *These events are free, but tickets must be booked through biff.com.au b) 1 x overnight stay for 2 people at The Emporium Hotel South Bank on Saturday 20th October 2018, accommodation can only be redeemed for Saturday 20th October 2018 and is not valid for any other night. c) The prize is not transferable, exchangeable and not redeemable for cash or any other alternate prize. d) The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. e) No credit will be given for any unused portion of the prize. f) The prize winner will be contacted by BIFF to discuss options and availability of the preferred BIFF screening chosen by the prizewinner. g) No part of the prize will be renewed, replaced or exchanged if the prize winner or their guest is unable to attend. h) Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winners, other than those outlined in these terms and conditions, are the responsibility of the winners. i) Prize winners are themselves subject to the specific terms and conditions of the providers.
4. Competition period: The competition opens on 3 October 2018 and closes at midnight on 14 October 2018.
5. How to enter: Complete the entry form and submit.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition a person must: a) Be a permanent resident of the State of Queensland b) Not be an employee or contracted staff of Brisbane Marketing, a sub- unit of administration of the Promoter; and c) Be over the age of 18 (proof of age may be required to receive prize) or have the consent of one of his or her parents or guardians to enter the competition.
7. Competition draw: The winners will be drawn at random. The decision shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into. The drawing of the prizes will be conducted at Brisbane Marketing at South Bank House, Stanley Street Plaza, South Bank, QLD 4101.
8. Winner Notification: Winner will be notified by telephone by BIFF on 15 October 2018. If no response is received by 5pm 15 October, the prize will be void.
9. BIFF will inform the winner about ticket collection once they’ve been selected.
10. No Liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the prize.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or to cancel the competition at any time prior to the competition opening without further recourse to the entrants.
12. Entrants must fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on website. If you do not supply the information, your entry will be deemed invalid. You may only enter this competition once.
13. Force Majeure: If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right it its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.
14. By entering this competition, you are agreeing to receive email updates from Brisbane Marketing.