To celebrate the release of Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, TODAY is giving away a spooktacular family trip to LA!
The prize is for a family of four and includes return airfares from winner’s nearest capital city, return airport/hotel transfers in LA, 5 nights’ accommodation at the Roosevelt Hotel, Los Angeles, a private Ventriloquist performance, $200 Dylan’s Candy Bar spending money, Six Flags Magic Mountain entry and travel insurance.In 25 words or less, tell us why you'd like to win a spooktacular family trip to LA?
Game of skill.
Competition open to all residents of Australia.
Entrants under 18 must seek parent or legal guardian consent to enter.
Competition closes 19.10.18 at 11:59pm AEDT. Competition judged 22.10.18 at 10:00am AEDT.TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents. Entrants under 18 must seek parent or legal guardian consent to enter.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences 5:30am AEDT on 15/10/18 and closes 11:59pm AEDT on 19/10/18 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.todayshow.com.au
, follow the prompts to the promotional entry form, complete all requested details including full name, contact number, a valid and current email address, residential address, confirm their availability to travel on the dater required, and an answer to the question in 25 words or less “why you'd like to win a spooktacular family trip to LA?”, and submit the completed form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The judging will take place at 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby NSW 2068 on 08/10/18 at 10:00am AEST. The judges may select additional reserve entries that they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winner will be notified by telephone and email.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The best entry, as determined by the judges, will win a trip for two (2) adults and two (2) children to Los Angeles, USA valued at up to AUD$18,260 depending on date and point of departure. Prize includes:
• 4 x economy class return airfares from winner’s nearest capital city to Los Angeles, USA;
• return airport to accommodation transfers in Los Angeles, USA;
• 5 nights’ accommodation at the Roosevelt Hotel in Los Angeles in a shared room;
• Private 1.5-hour Ventriloquist performance
• $200 (AUD) to spend at Dylan’s Candy Bar (supplier to winner via EFT)
• Six Flags Magic Mountain entry
• Travel insurance valued at $800
14. Any changes by the winner made to the specified prize package (including travel extensions, additional guests. Additional spending money, meals, insurance, taxes (excluding airline taxes) transport to and from departure point, additional transfers, visas, vaccinations, items of a personal nature, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs are not included.
15. Package is based on four people sharing a room. Dates of travel must be confirmed within 90 days of notification of winning prize.
16. All elements are subject to availability at time of bookings. There is no cash alternative. Prize is not to be taken over USA or Australian Public or National holiday periods. Prize is not valid to be redeemed between 12 December 2018 and 12 January 2019. Travel must be completed within 12 months of notification of winning.
17. At least one person (winner) travelling must be 18 years and over. If the winner is under 18 then his/her guest must be his/her parent or legal guardian.
18. Winner and his/her guests are responsible for registering with the US Visa Waiver programme: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov
19. Winner to provide bank details for EFT for spending money at Dylan’s Candy Bar.
20. The winner and their companions must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together. Itinerary to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize. Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers. The winner may be required to present their credit card at time of accommodation check in.
21. Airline Tickets are non-transferable (i.e. no name changes allowed). Once tickets are issued, they are non-transferable. Any alterations to confirmed flights and/or accommodation and/or scheduling arrangements will be at the expense of the winner and their travelling companions and cannot be split across different time periods.
22. Airline, flight route and dates of travel are subject to the promoter’s absolute and final decision.
23. If for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
24. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion or suspend or modify a prize, subject to any written directions from a relevant regulatory authority.
25. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
26. Winner and his/her guest must have valid e-passports and applicable visas/permissions. Passports must have 6 months’ validity from the return date of entry back into Australia. The United States requires that travellers entering the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (ESTA) hold an e-Passport if their passport was issued on or after 26th October 2006.
27. Travel Insurance to the value of $200 per person will be provided as part of the prize package. Travel insurance is valid for passengers under 85 years of age and without pre-existing conditions: PRE-EXISTING CONDITION means: in respect of Injury: a condition with which the Insured Person was aware of (whether diagnosed or not) or has sought treatment prior to the Insured Travel covered under this Policy. 2. in respect of Sickness: i. a condition or side effect with which the Insured Person was aware of (whether diagnosed or not) or has sought treatment prior to the Insured Travel covered under this Policy. If any form of cancer is a Pre-Existing Condition, then there is no cover for cancer or cancer-related conditions. ii. a condition caused by a Pre-Existing Condition, that is, any medical condition that You have suffered from or been treated for, irrespective of whether a complete recovery has occurred. In the event of not qualifying for the included travel insurance, the winner will be required to obtain their own travel insurance policy.
28. Prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
29. Each entrant warrants that their entry is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
30. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
31. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
32. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
33. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
34. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if the live taping of “Will & Grace” is cancelled, postponed, rescheduled or delayed for any reason; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) the prize.
36. The Promoter is Nine Network Australia Pty Limited, ABN 88 008 685 407 of 24 Artarmon Rd, Willoughby, NSW 2068. You can contact the Promoter in relation to the promotion by mail to this address or by telephone to (02) 9906 9999.