After marrying a successful Parisian man of letters known commonly as “Willy” (Dominic West), Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette (Keira Knightley) is transplanted from her childhood home in rural France to the intellectual and artistic splendour of Paris.
Soon after, Willy convinces Colette to ghostwrite for him. She pens a semi-autobiographical novel, about a brazen country girl named Claudine, that becomes a bestseller and a cultural sensation. Colette and Willy become the talk of Paris, and their adventures go on to inspire additional Claudine novels.
Colette’s subsequent fight over the creative ownership of these books defies gender roles and drives her to overcome societal constraints, revolutionizing literature, fashion and sexual expression.
Brought to you by Transmission Films, Colette is in cinemas on 20 December. For your chance to win a double pass to see it, enter now via the form below.https://www.visitbrisbane.com.au/win/win-a-double-pass-to-see-colette
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter the competition forms part of the competition conditions.
2. Competition entry is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Prize: a) 1 double pass (admits 2) to see Colette, in-season, in cinemas. b) The prize is not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. c) Any additional expenses incurred by the prize winners, other than those outlined in these terms and conditions, are the responsibility of the winners. d) Prize winners are themselves subject to the specific terms and conditions of the providers.
4. Competition period: The competition opens on 15 November 2018 and closes at 9am on 7 December 2018.
5. How to enter: Complete the entry form and submit.
6. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter this competition a person must: a) Be a permanent resident of the State of Queensland b) Not be an employee or contracted staff of Brisbane Marketing, a sub- unit of administration of the Promoter; and c) Be over the age of 18 (proof of age may be required to receive prize) or have the consent of one of his or her parents or guardians to enter the competition.
7. Competition draw: The winners will be drawn at random. The decision shall be conclusive and no correspondence will be entered into. The drawing of the prizes will be conducted at Brisbane Marketing at South Bank House, Stanley Street Plaza, South Bank, QLD 4101.
8. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by email by Friday 7 December. If no reply email is received within two days, the prize will be void.
9. Brisbane Marketing will inform the winner about ticket collection once they’ve been selected.
10. No Liability of Promoter: The Promoter accepts no responsibility whatsoever for late, misplaced, lost or ineligible entries. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of the prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury sustained in connection with the entry into the competition or acceptance of the prize. This paragraph is not intended to exclude any liability which cannot be excluded under Australian consumer protection laws. Any such liability is limited to the resupply of the prize. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for personal injury which is suffered or sustained, as a result of taking any of the prizes, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or amend these terms and conditions and/or to cancel the competition at any time prior to the competition opening without further recourse to the entrants.
12. Entrants must fully and correctly complete and submit the entry form on website. If you do not supply the information, your entry will be deemed invalid. You may only enter this competition once.
13. Force Majeure: If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter), which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right it its sole discretion to disqualify all entries from any individual who tampers with, or benefits from tampering with the entry process which as a result corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition.