Purchase any Ostelin product from Chemist Warehouse or My Chemist (In store or Online)https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/wnbl
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Promotion type: Consumer Game of Chance.
CW Media Pty Ltd
Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry.
1. Promoter & Supplier: The promoter is The Trustee for CW Media Trust (ABN: 43 913 252 975) of 44 Raglan Street, Preston, VIC 3072 telephone 03 9462 9111.
The supplier is: BA Limited (Basketball Australia) (ABN: 57 072 484 998) of 291 George Street, Wantirna South VIC 3152
2. Promotion states: All Australian States and Territories.
3. Duration of Promotion: The Promotion will commence at 12.01am AEDST on 1/1/19 and will close at 11.59pm AEDST on 24/1/19 (“Promotion Period”).
4. Advertising of Promotion: The Promotion may be advertised through the Promoter, its advertising agencies, marketing affiliates, the Suppliers and selected charities.
5. Eligibility: Entry is open to Australian residents over the age of 18, excluding any employee of the Promoter, the Suppliers, or related companies, and any child, parent, spouse or sibling of such employee (“Eligible Entrant”).
6. Participating Stores: retailers participating in this promotion are Chemist Warehouse and My Chemist stores nationally (in store and online) (“Participating Store”). Participating Stores will display promotional materials. If in doubt individuals may ask a retailer if they are participating in this promotion.
7. Participating Products: Any Ostelin branded product excluding Ostelin 7000IU (“Participating Products”).
8. How the Promotion works:
To enter, Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotion Period:
a) Purchase any Participating Product from a Participating Store (“Qualifying Purchase”).
b) Retain the store receipt from their Qualifying Purchase (“Proof of Purchase”), and register their entry by going to www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/wnbl
in accordance with the Participating Store in which the Qualifying Purchase was made, and complete the following steps via the online entry page:
i. Input the requested details including their full first and last name, date of birth, telephone number, a valid email address and a valid Participating Store receipt number;
ii. Accept the terms and conditions on the entry page for the Promotion; and
iii. Submit the completed entry during the Promotional Period
Time of entry will be at the time that the Eligible Entry is being received by the promoter. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. Maximum number of entries: Multiple Eligible Entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one Eligible Entry permitted per Qualifying Purchase; and (b) each Eligible Entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
10. Proof of Purchase: EligibleEntrants must retain their original Proof of Purchase for all Eligible Entries. Failure to produce the Proof of Purchase for all Eligible Entries when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of ALL of an Eligible Entrant’s Eligible Entries and forfeiture of any right to a prize. Proof of Purchase must clearly specify the Participating Store of purchase and that the Qualifying Purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
11. Verification of entries and entrants: The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Eligible Entries and Eligible Entrants (including an Eligible Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of thepromotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
12. Identity of entrant: If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
13. Draw: The draw will take place at Loyalty of 11 Springfield Avenue, Toorak, 3142 on 31/1/19 at 10.00am AEDST in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The competition winners will be randomly selected using an automated competition drawing software. The Promoter will draw additional reserve entries and record them in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn.
14. Notification: The winner will be notified in writing and by telephone on 31/1/19 (the day of the draw). The winner’s name will be announced on the Promoter’s website (www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/wnbl
) by 3.00pm AEST on 07/02/19.
15. Details of Prize:
The first valid entry drawn will win that Eligible Entrant (“Participant”) the opportunity to play a contingency game (“the Game”) for the chance to win $50,000.
The mystery Game will take place during half-time of Game 2 of the Chemist Warehouse WNBL Finals, at a location and on a date to be confirmed, but will be between 13/2/19 and 15/2/19. In order to participate in the Game, the Participant will also be awarded two (2) nights twin share accommodation (four star) and two (2) VIP tickets to Game 2 of the Chemist Warehouse WNBL Finals, for the Participant and a guest (aged 18+) together valued at up to $1,750. If the drawn Participant resides outside of the State or Territory in which the Game is to be held,he/she will also receive two (2) return economy airfares from the Participant’s nearest capital city in Australia to the State or Territory in which the Game is being held valued up to $1,000. The Participant will be responsible for transport to and from the Game. Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, transport to and from departure point, transfers, items of a personal nature (including but not limited to in-room charges) and all other ancillary costs are not included. If the Participant cannot attend the Game, the Participant may appoint a proxy over 18 years of age to play the Game on his/her behalf provided the Participant gives the Promoter written, signed notice to that effect before the start of the Game. If the Promoter has not been able to contact the Participant before the start of the Game, a representative of the Promoter will play the Game on the Participant’s behalf.
The rules of the mystery Game will be pre-determined by the Promoter prior to the commencement of this promotion. The Promoter will provide the Participant with the rules of the mystery Game half an hour prior to the Game. To play the Game, the Participant must follow the instructions provided by the Promoter at the Game.
If the Participant plays the Game successfully, they will win the major prize of $50,000, payable within 60 days via EFT. If the Participant does not play the Game successfully, they will not receive the major cash prize of $50,000.
Major Prize valued at AUD $52,750.00 including GST
The prize outlined above must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. The prize cannot be redeemed for cash and is not transferrable. If the winner is unable to accept the prize, there will be a re-draw. The Promoter is not liable for any additional costs that may be incurred by the winner as a result of the prize including but not limited to meals, entertainment and gratuities (and for the Major Prize flights and accommodation).
16. Unclaimed Prize Draw: If the prize remains unclaimed by 5.00pm AEDST on 7/2/19 (within 1 week of the draw) an unclaimed prize draw will take place at the same place as the original draw subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The first valid entry drawn and successfully contacted by phone and in writing will win the prize. If the unclaimed prize draw winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours, the Promoter will contact the next drawn winner until a prize winner is determined. The unclaimed prize draw winner will be notified in writing within 1 business day and results will be published on the Promoter’s website (www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/wnbl
) from 11/2/19.
17. Travel Requirements:
a) The travel itinerary is to be determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion and may be subject to change. The Participant must be available to travel between the dates 13/2/19 to 15/2/19.
b) Both people travelling must be over the age of 18 years or older.
c) Travel is subject to availability at all times and may be dependent on select seat class with airlines or specific room category availability with the accommodation provider.
d) All aspects of the prize (including travel and accommodation) are for 2 people travelling together at all times.
e) Frequent flyer points will not form part of the prize.
f) The prize must be taken as stated. The prize cannot be exchanged for other travel, flights or accommodation at other destinations. All components of the prize must be taken together as a single trip to be booked by the promoter. Once the prize is booked, no changes can be made.
g) Prize participants must hold a valid credit card and present it on check in at the accommodation establishment, to cover any incremental hotel charges.
h) The Promoter will endeavour to fulfil the prize as described, however, if the prize or part of the prize is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, then the Promoter will provide a substitute experience in its discretion.
18. General conditions:
a. The Promoter may require the winner to provide proof of identity, age and proof of residency prior to awarding the prize.
b) Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason a Participant does not take/redeem their prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
c) The winning Eligible Entrant authorises the Promoter to use their name and photograph for publicity purposes and agrees to reasonably co-operate with the Promoter in publicising the Promotion.
d) Each Eligible Entrant agrees that by entering into this competition, the Promoter will be permitted to market the Promoter’s and Suppliers’ products and services to the Eligible Entrant using the Eligible Entrant’s entry details.
e) If for any reason any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, mobile network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any cause beyond the control of the Promoter which affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion, or invalidate any affected entries, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each State and Territory, where required.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) if Game 2 of the Chemist Warehouse WNBL Finals event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (g) participation in the Game or attendance at the Game.