Win a Trip for two to the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show (1 free entry, 50 with purchased subscription)https://www.whichcar.com.au/competition/win-a-trip-for-two-to-the-2019-tokyo-motor-show
Terms and Conditions:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into
the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Australia and New Zealand aged 18 years or over who are
available to travel to Tokyo, Japan from 24/10/2019 to 31/10/2019 in the event they are drawn
as the winner.
3. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families and associated agencies with this
promotion are not eligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, exspouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, stepparent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, stepbrother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. The promotion commences on 13/01/2019 and concludes on 15/07/2019 at 23.59 (AEST)
5. To enter, individuals must, during the Promotional Period:
a. visit www.whichcar.com.au
, follow the prompts to the promotion entry page and
complete the entry form (including their full name, state, telephone number and valid
email address) (“Online Entry”) to receive one (1) entry in the draw; and/or
b. subscribe to Wheels, MOTOR, Street Machine, 4x4 Australia or Unique Cars print or
digital magazine to automatically receive fifty (50) entries in the draw.
6. Multiple entries permitted, subject to the following: (a) only one Online Entry permitted per
person; and (b) each Online Entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants
(including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached
any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any
unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the
promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the
Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender
8. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole
discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
9. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and
is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
10. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
11. The draw will take place at 11.00am (AEST) on 29/07/2019 at 7 Salamander Court, Mermaid
Waters, QLD 4218 in the presence of an independent scrutineer. The Promoter may draw
additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible
entrant is drawn. The winner will be notified by telephone and via email on 31/07/2019. The
winner’s name will be published on www.whichcar.com.au
and in The Australian on
12. The first valid entry drawn from all valid entries received will be deemed the major prize
winner and will receive a trip for two (2) adults to Tokyo, Japan for the 2019 Tokyo Motor
Show, held during the period 24/10/2019 to 04/11/2019 (inclusive) valued at up to
AUD$19,050, depending on point of departure. The prize includes:
Return premium economy class airfares for two (2) adults from the winner’s nearest
capital city (if winner resides in Australia) or from the nearest of Auckland,
Wellington or Christchurch (if winner resides in New Zealand) to Tokyo, Japan
valued at up to AUD$10,000.00 (including taxes, depending on point of departure);
Seven (7) x nights accommodation in a standard twin share room in a minimum of
three (3) star hotel for two (2) adults valued at up to AUD$4,000;
Two (2) x 2019 Tokyo Motor Show event tickets, valued at $50.00; and
AUD$5000 spending money for the winner only, awarded via a VISA Gift Card.
13. Prize must be taken to coincide with the 2019 Tokyo Motor Show event (with flights departing
23. The winner and their guest must not engage in any illegal or unsafe behaviour whilst
participating in the prize. To the extent allowable by law, the Promoter and its partners
exclude any legal liability or responsibility for legal or otherwise incidents or activities engaged
in by the winner or their guest during participation in the prize.
24. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event
they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for
an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion
(including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or
supplied by the Promoter.
25. Should an entrant's contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant's
responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided
in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
26. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason whatsoever the winner does not
take / redeem the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated by the Promoter,
then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be
awarded in lieu of the prize.
27. Subject to any written direction given under regulation, a draw for the prize, if unclaimed, will
take place at the same location of the original draw at 11:00am (AEST) on 17/09/2019. In the
case of a winner, they will be notified in writing within two (2) business days of the draw and
their name will be published on www.whichcar.com.au
and in The Australian on 20/09/2019.
28. In the event that a prize, or part of a prize, is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to
substitute the prize or part of the prize in its discretion with an alternative prize or part of the
prize to the same and equal recommended retail value and/or specification subject to any
written directions from the various Lottery Departments.
29. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster
(including but not limited to natural disaster) the Promoter reserves the right to subject to
reference to all relevant state and territory rules and regulations, to cancel, terminate, modify
or suspend the promotion.
30. The method of validation of the winner (without limitation) will be determined by the Promoter
in its complete discretion. If the winning entry is deemed to be a winner, the winner will be
notified as per the terms and conditions herein. In the event that the Promoter requests the
entrant to sign any legal documents relating to the verification of their medical circumstance,
the legal documents will take the form determined by the Promoter. It is a condition of
accepting the prize the winner sign any such legal documentation.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit,
exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and
Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act
or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia or any
statutory consumer guarantees as provided under consumer protection laws in New Zealand
(“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded,
including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers,
employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or
any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
32. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any
loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction
(whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party
interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected
(whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable
control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and
Conditions; (e) if the Tokyo Motor Show is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason
beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (f) any tax liability incurred by the winner or
entrant; or (g) taking the prize and attendance at the prize event.
33. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the
Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to
disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to
modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
34. The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may,
for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents,
contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory
authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI
. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Promoter’s
the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending
electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out,
access, update or correct PI to the Promoter and direct any complaints regarding treatment of
35. The laws of Australia apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants
submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Australia.
36. The Promoter is Bauer Media Pty Ltd (ABN 18 053 273 546) of 54 – 58 Park Street, Sydney,
NSW 2000. Phone: 02 9282 8000. Trading as: Bauer Trader Media
37. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW: LTPS/18/29406 ACT: TP 18/02161 and SA: