Purchase and specially stickered product, then enter online for your chance to win!
Open to residents of Australia only. Entrants under the age of 18 must have parent/guardian’s permission. One entry permitted per Eligible Purchase. Purchase any eligible 20th Century Fox product with a promotional sticker mentioning this promotion from JB Hi-Fi & tell us in 25 words or less what would excite you most about going to San Diego Comic-Con 2019? Competition opens 9:00am (AEDT) on 25/02/2019 and closes at 11.59pm (AEST) on 07/04/2019. Total prize pool is at maximum of $11,709. Winners picked on Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 on 09/04/2019 at 9:30am AEST. Winner will be contacted by email and published at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/
on 11/04/2019. San Diego Comic-Con 2019 is held at the San Diego Convention Centre between 18/07/2019 and 21/07/2019 with flight Arriving in the USA 17/07/2019 and Departing the USA 22/07/2019. Winner must be 18 years or over, or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the Prize. The Promoter is JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ABN 37 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148.
Terms and Conditions:
1. The Promotion is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winner. The Promoter is JB Hi-Fi Group Pty Ltd (ACN 093 114 286) of Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148.
2. Promotion commences on 25 February 2019 at 09:00am AEDT and ends 7 April 2019 at 11:59pm AEST (Promotional Period). One (1) prize winner (The Winner) will receive the following:
i. Return economy airfares for two (2) people (the Winner and one guest) from either Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide or Perth to San Diego – Maximum value of $6400;
ii. Hotel Transfers – Maximum value of $280;
iii. Monetary allowance for taxi fares to and from Comic-Con – Maximum value of $360;
iv. Five (5) nights’ accommodation for two (2) in a double occupancy room at a minimum 4-star hotel – Maximum value of $2549;
v. Two (2) x Four Day/Preview Passes to San Diego Comic-Con - Maximum value of $720;
vi. One (1) Cosplay costume shop gift voucher – Maximum value of $500;
vii. Spending money via EFT transfer – Maximum value of $500;
viii. Travel insurance – Maximum value of $400
3. San Diego Comic-Con 2019 is held at the San Diego Convention Centre between 18/07/2019 and 21/07/2019 with flight Arriving in the USA 17/07/2019 and Departing the USA 22/07/2019. The Winner must take the Prize at the location and on the dates specified. The Winner will not be able to change the Prize’s date or location.
4. To be eligible to enter the Promotion, entrants must be Australian residents and, during the Promotional Period:
a. purchase any eligible 20th Century Fox product with a promotional sticker mentioning this promotion, from any participating JB Hi-Fi store (Qualifying Purchase); and
b. visit www.jbhifi.com.au/Comic-Con
i. fill out the entry form, providing their name, email, phone number;
ii. input the online order number or store receipt number;
iii. 25 words or less what would excite you most about going to San Diego Comic-Con 2019; and
iv. agree to the competition’s terms and conditions.
5. Entrants must retain their original purchase receipt and product barcode as proof of purchase. Failure to produce the proof of purchase when requested may, in the absolute discretion of the Promoter, result in invalidation of an entrant’s entry and forfeiture of any right to the Prize. The purchase receipt must clearly specify the store of purchase and that the purchase was made during the Promotional Period but prior to entry.
6. The Winner must be 18 years or over, or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for the duration of the Prize.
7. The Winner’s guest must be 18 years or over unless the Winner is the guest’s parent or legal guardian.
8. This promotion is a game of skill and entries will be judged on originality, creativity, literary merit and suitability in accordance with clauses 9 and clause 25 (if applicable).
9. Judging will be conducted by JB Hi-Fi at Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 on 09/04/2019 at 9:30am AEST. All valid entries received by the Promoter during the Promotion Period will be judged.
10. There will be a total of one (1) winner.
11. The result of the judging is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. The winner will be contacted by email within 3 business days. The name of the winner will be published at https://www.jbhifi.com.au/competitions/
from 11 April 2019 for 28 days.
13. If, for some reason, a winner is not available to redeem the Prize on the selected dates, the Promoter reserves the right to consider this forfeiture of the Prize and select another winner.
14. If a winner is not available to travel on the selected dates, they must notify the Promoter within one (1) month of the Promoter notifying them of the selected dates.
15. If San Diego Comic-Con 2019 or any part of this event is abandoned, varied or postponed for any reason, then at the Promoter’s discretion, the Winner and their guest forfeits all rights to attend the relevant event and no cash or alternative tickets will be substituted for that element of the Prize.
16. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions must be read together with the terms provided on the Promotion entry page. In the event of any conflict, the terms on the entry page supersede any conflicting terms in these Terms and Conditions.
17. The time of entry will in each case be the time the online entry is received by the Promoter’s database. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions or for any other reason.
18. Entry is limited to one per purchase of any 20th Century Fox product with a promotional sticker mentioning this promotion from a participating JB Hi-Fi retailer nationally. Any additional entries citing the same receipt number and barcode will be disqualified. Employees of the Promoter, their partners, agents and suppliers associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
19. Any entrant under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian before entering the Promotion.
20. Entry into the Promotion is free. Any costs associated with accessing the entry page are the responsibility of the person seeking access and are dependent on the internet service provider used.
21. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or with the terms on the entry page or who tampers with the entry process.
22. If the Promoter is unable to contact a winner after having made reasonable efforts to do so using the information provided on the winner’s online entry form, the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify the entry, in which case clause 25 will apply.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of a winner not being an eligible entrant, not having complied with these Terms and Conditions or not being able to be contacted by the Promoter after the Promoter having made reasonable efforts to do so. If a rejudging is necessary, it will be conducted by JB Hi-Fi at Level 4, Office Tower 2, Chadstone Place, Chadstone Shopping Centre, Chadstone VIC 3148 on 09 July 2019 at 11:00am AEST, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winner determined in accordance with this clause 25 will be notified by email.
24. All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter and Prize suppliers using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are the winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting the Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter or Prize suppliers associated with the Promotion.
25. If the Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, subject to State and Territory legislation and to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is for some reason unavailable.
27. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotional Period, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any personal information should be directed to the Promoter.
28. The Prize is valued at up to $11,709. Prize value is based upon the recommended retail prices at the opening date of the Promotion (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for changes in Prize value between then and the Prize redemption date.
29. The Winner should seek independent financial advice as tax implications may arise from accepting the Prize.
30. The Prize is not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash. If for any reason the Winner does not take the Prize or an element of the Prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the Prize or that element of the Prize will be forfeited. Without limiting the foregoing, the Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, substitute cash for the Prize or any part of the Prize (the amount of cash being equal to the Prize value).
31. In order to participate in the Promotion and/or the activities which may be awarded as part of the Prize, the Winner (and their companion/s, as applicable) must comply with any applicable height, weight, health, fitness, skill, and any other requirements normally associated with the particular activity. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that they (and their companion/s, as applicable) are sufficiently healthy and fit so as to safely participate in the Promotion and/or undertake the activities awarded as part of the Prize. The Promoter and applicable prize supplier/s reserve the right to disallow the winner and/or their companion to take part in any or all aspects of the Prize, if the Promoter or supplier determines, in its absolute discretion, that the winner and/or their guest is not in the mental or physical condition necessary to safely participate in the Promotion or Prize.
32. If the Promotion is communicated about or administered on Facebook it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrant information is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook from any liability in connection with this Promotion.
33. Entrants acknowledge that the Prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third parties. The Winner must become acquainted with any such additional terms and conditions prior to taking the Prize.
34. The Promoter, its partners, agents and suppliers make no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability or merchantability of any goods or services offered as part of the Prizes. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its partners, agents and suppliers are not liable for any loss or damage suffered to person or property by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent, by the Promoter or its partners, agents or suppliers or its or their employees, in connection with the supply of goods and services to the Winner and their guest. This clause does not affect any rights a consumer may have which are unable to be excluded under Australian law, including the Competition and Consumer Act. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter, its partners, agents and suppliers for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the costs of having the Prize supplied again.
35. The flight and accommodation element of the Prize is subject to availability and applicable hotel and airline standard terms and conditions. All aspects of the Prize must be taken together as a package. All travel arrangements are subject to availability. Travel, accommodation and associated activities cannot be changed or cancelled once any bookings have been made.
36. Unless specified, the Winner and their guest are responsible for all other expenses including food and beverages, spending money, meals, drinks, transfers, activities, gratuities, service charges, taxes and all other costs.
37. The Winner and their travelling companions must travel at the same time, depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport between their place/s of residence and the departure/arrival airport in both directions.
38. It is the Winner’s and their guest’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines or penalties incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the travellers.
39. Should the Winner and their guest be refused entry into the United States of America for any reason, the Promoter does not take any responsibility and the person/s that were refused entry will not be compensated by the Promoter in any way.
40. The Promoter, its partners, agents and suppliers make no representation as to the safety; conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination and the Winner should satisfy themselves of the suitability of the travel destination prior to departure. The Winner is advised to consult the website of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (www.dfat.gov.au
) and make independent enquiries.
41. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of winners may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless a winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting their prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants' personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter's Privacy Statement.