https://www.9now.com.au/today/2019/extras/competitions/competitions/update-freedom-kitchenTell us in 25 words or fewer why you or someone you know deserve to a brand new kitchen
Terms and Conditions:
Game of skill.
Open to all Australian residents, over the age of 18+, who own their own home.
Closes 15/03/19 at 10am AEST. Competition judged 15/03/19 after 10am.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or older and who own their own home.
3. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
4. Promotion commences 5:30am AEDST on 11/03/19 and closes 11:59pm AEDST on 15/03/19 (“Promotional Period”).
5. To enter, eligible entrants must, during the Promotional Period, visit www.todayshow.com.au
, locate the promotional entry form, complete all requested details including full name, address, contact number, a valid and current email address, current and correct code word and an answer to the question in 25 words or less “Why do you or someone you know deserve a brand new kitchen?”, and submit the completed form.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
8. Only one (1) entry permitted per person per day. Each entry must be unique.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The judging will take place at 24 Artarmon Road, Willoughby NSW 2068 on 08/10/18 at 10:00am AEDT. The judges may select additional reserve entries that they determine to be the next best, and record them in order of merit, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. The winners will be notified by telephone and email.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question.
12. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The best one (1) valid entry as determined by the judges, will win a $30,000 Freedom Kitchen. The winner will have a choice of (including but not limited to specific colours, finishes to include in the kitchen):
14. Kitchen cabinets from either the Designer or Essential Kitchen range up to the value of $20,000 and Caesarstone® benchtop from the “Standard” up to the value of $5,000
15. Inalto or Teka kitchen appliance pack, including an oven, gas cooktop, slide-out rangehood and dishwasher valued at up to $5,000.
16. Includes design, delivery and installation of cabinetry and benchtop only. No other associated trade (ie: tiling, plumbing, electrical) works to be handled by Freedom Kitchens; and exact product lists will be provided by Freedom Kitchens at the time of winner notification.
17. For the removal of doubt, the prize does not include:
i. Kitchen lighting and glass splashbacks, tiles, appliances other than specified, ceiling lighting or flooring or other kitchen accessories including but not limited to sink, taps, refrigerator etc;
ii. any gas, electricity, water or associated costs incurred in before, during or after the claiming, installing and using of the Prize;
iii. any accommodation, meals or other spending money incurred in relation to or ancillary to claiming or using the prize;
iv. any other ancillary or incidental expenses incurred in connection with the prize, whether before, during or after installation;
v. any insurances or taxes;
vi. any construction, electrical, tiling or plumbing services;
vii. any ongoing maintenance costs; and
viii. any costs in excess of the allocated budget per component of the prize or any other ancillary costs associated with redeeming this prize.
18. The winner will be responsible for sourcing the tradespeople such as plumbing, electrical and tiling. Much of this will need to be completed before the kitchen can be installed. The Freedom Kitchens team will make all reasonable attempts to assist the winners with contacts for these trades.
19. The prize must be redeemed in full, as a package by 15/03/20. Freedom Kitchens will contact the winner after winner notification to organise redemption of the prize.
20. All prize items are valued in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. Prize item values stipulated above are based on the recommended retail prices as at the time of writing.
21. The winners must live within the Freedom Kitchens delivery area namely within 100km of a Freedom Kitchens store in NSW, VIC, QLD & ACT, in order to redeem the prize. In the event the winner resides outside of this radius, they will receive a Freedom Kitchens Essential range kitchen (flatpack) to the same value or Freedom Kitchens reserve the right to supply a $20,000 Freedom Gift Card in lieu of the kitchen prize.
22. If for any reason any winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
23. In the event that any prize item is unavailable, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize item of equal or greater value.
24. Total prize pool value is up to $100,000. Prize, or any unused portion, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
25. Each entrant warrants that their entry is an original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
26. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
27. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
28. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
29. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
30. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.