Win two Deluxe Veranda staterooms on a 15-day Far East Discovery cruise for four people
Enter now for your chance to win this spectacular ocean cruise, travelling from Beijing to Hong Kong on board Viking Orion, departing Beijing on 4 October 2019.
Our lucky winners will spend 15 days experiencing the colourful cultural tapestry of Eastern Asia, from Hong Kong's bustling markets and the unrivalled views from the Great Wall of China, to the lush terrain and turquoise waters of Japan's Ishigaki Island and the many parks of one of China's most liveable cities – Dalian.
Want more chances to win? Refer your friends when you enter, and if they win, they might choose you to join them!\
Our 14-night cruise prize, from Beijing to Hong Kong, is valued at $38,380* and includes:
Two Deluxe Veranda staterooms with king-sized beds
Choice of eight dining venues
All port charges and government taxes
All onboard tipping and gratuities
Shore excursions in every port
Complimentary 24-hour room service
Specialty coffee, tea & bottled water
Onboard meals and beverages; including wine and beer with lunch and dinner
All onboard tipping and gratuities
Nordic Spa facilities
Viking ‘Asia Cruise’ Promotion
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1.Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and Prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry.
2.Entry is open to residents of Australia and New Zealand, aged 18 years and above (Entrants). Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
3.The Promoter is Viking River Cruises Australia Pty. Ltd (ABN 81 131 274 372), Level 8, 107 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060 (Promoter).
4.Promotion commences at 12.01am (AEDT) on 22 March 2019 and ends at 11.59pm (AEST) on 30 June 2019 (“Promotional Period”).
5.To enter, Entrants must log on to http://winavikingoceancruise.com.au
and submit their entry within the Promotion Period.
Refer your friend/s (maximum two (2) friends) when you enter, and if the referred friend/s register by logging on to http://winavikingoceancruise.com.au
and submit their entry within the Promotion Period, they will also be entered in the Draw.
6. All Entrants must also agree to the competition Terms and Conditions.
7.Once an Entrant has submitted their completed entry they will be treated as having submitted one (1) entry into the Promotion. One entry per eligible email address will be permitted.
8.Entries will be deemed accepted at the time of receipt by the Promoter and not at the time of transmission. Entries received will be considered final by the Promoter. Incomplete, inaccurate, erroneous, ineligible or incomprehensible entries will be deemed invalid. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. There is no cost to enter the promotion.
9.The Draw from all eligible entries will be conducted at 2.00pm (AEST) on 4 July 2019, at MDSA, Level 2, 40 Yeo Street, Neutral Bay. NSW 2089. The first eligible entry drawn will be, upon verification, the Winner of the Promotion. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing immediately after the Draw, and will be announced on http://winavikingoceancruise.com.au
on 8 July 2019, for a minimum of 28 days. The Winner will also be announced The Australian and the New Zealand Herald newspapers on 11 July 2019.
10.The Prize winner will receive a 15 day Far East Discovery Cruise for four (4) people, from Beijing to Hong Kong, on-board Viking Orion, departing Beijing on 4 October 2019. The Prize includes;
· Two (2) Deluxe Veranda staterooms with king-sized bed
· 14-night cruise from Beijing to Hong Kong
· Shore excursions in every port
· Onboard meals and beverages; including wine and beer with lunch and dinner
· Choice of eight dining venues
· Complimentary 24-hour room service
· Specialty coffee, tea & bottled water
· Unlimited Wi-Fi
· Nordic Spa facilities
· All onboard tipping and gratuities
· All port charges and government taxes
· Culture curriculum
The maximum retail value of the Prize is $38,380.
11. If the Prize is unclaimed or forfeited by 5:00pm on 18 July 2019, a second chance draw will take place at the same place and time as the original draw on 25 July 2019. The winner, if any, will be notified by phone and in writing by email on 29 July 2019. The winner will be notified by phone and in writing immediately after the Draw, and will be announced on http://winavikingoceancruise.com.au
on 29 July 2019, for a minimum of 28 days. The Winner will also be announced The Australian and the New Zealand Herald newspapers on 1 August 2019.
12. Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. Prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. If for any reason the winner is unable to accept the prize as stated, the winner will forfeit the prize and no compensation will be given in lieu. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings. The Prize value is accurate as of 5 March 2019, and the Promoter is not responsible for any variation in values. Prize values are in Australian dollars and recommended retail price includes GST where applicable. Prize supplier conditions apply.
13.The Prize will be supplied by the Promoter and will be subject to the Conditions of the Promoter. Flights and any travel to & from the prize location are not included in the prize and are the sole responsibility of the winner.
14.The winner must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Prize Terms & Conditions apply.
15.The prize does not include travel to or from the Prize location.
16. The prize is subject to availability.
17.Any changes or costs incurred once the tickets have been issued will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
18. All elements of the Prize must be taken together. Travel restrictions may apply. The winner and their travel companion must travel together. All meals, as specified in the cruise are included, but tips, transfer fees (other than specified in the itinerary) domestic travel to and from departure point, 3passports, Visas, telephone charges, laundry, additional nights or upgrades and any other personal expenses and travel insurances are the responsibility of the winner.
19. Any travel or entry documentation & arrival fees are the responsibility of the winner and their travel companion. It is the winner’s responsibility to check with all government travel advisory and immigration authorities regarding travel requirements and eligibility. Any fines, penalties, payments and expenditure incurred as a result of not meeting such requirements are the sole responsibility of the Winner and his/her guest. If for any reason the winner is unable to accept the Prize as stated, and within the date indicated, the winner will forfeit that Prize and no compensation will be given in lieu.
20. If any portion of the Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize, or that element of the Prize, for a Prize of similar theme and of equal value, subject to State regulation and subsequent approval.
21.In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative travel destination to the same value as the original Prize or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion. The Promoter and the associated agencies, make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. It is the sole responsibility of the Winner and guest to first check with all government travel advisory information regarding the safety and situation of the destination of their chosen destination/event.
22. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
23. The Promoter is not responsible for any cancellation, postponement, delay or rescheduling of transport and any costs incurred as a result, including, without limitation, any accommodation costs will be the sole responsibility of the Prize winner.
24. Entrants can only enter in their own name. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion and all entries of an Entrant who is deemed by the Promoter to have provided incorrect, misleading or fraudulent information may, at the discretion of the Promoter, be deemed invalid. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a Prize, and any information submitted by the Entrant in entering the promotion, before issuing a Prize. If the documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s satisfaction then all the entries of that Entrant will be ineligible and deemed invalid.
25.It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
26. The Prize will only be awarded following any winner validation and verification that the Promoter requires in its sole discretion.
27.The use of any automated entry software or any mechanical, electronic or other means that allows an Entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that Entrant invalid.
28. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss), damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (including but not limited to that arising from any person's negligence) in connection with taking any Prize or using any Prize, except any liability that cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
29.The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies are not responsible for any problems, delays or technical malfunction of any telephone or network or lines, servers or providers, fax equipment, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on a network or a mobile network or any combination thereof, or any other technical failures including any damage to Entrant's or any other person's fax equipment, mobile handset, computer or peripherals related to, or resulting from, participation in this promotion or the downloading of any materials related to this promotion.
30. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including but without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
31.If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide an alternative prize or prizes to the same value as the original Prize, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation.
32. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of any and all entries and reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant for: (a) tampering with the entry process; (b) for submitting an entry which is not in accordance with these Conditions of Entry; or (c) if the Entrant is engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
33. As a condition of entering this promotion, an Entrant consents to, in the event they are a winner, the Promoter using the Entrant’s image and caption, name, likeness, image, voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same), and/or entry in any media for an unlimited period of time and worldwide without further notification, remuneration or compensation for the purpose of promoting, publicising or marketing the promotion (including any outcome), and/or promoting any products or services manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter and their associated or affiliated companies. The Entrant agrees that, in the event they are a winner, the Entrant will participate in all reasonable promoted activities in relation to the Promotion as requested by the Promoter and its agents. The Promoter may at their discretion choose to publish entries during and/or after the Promotion Period. This will not to be any reflection on the success of that published entry/entries in the Judging.
35. By participating in this Promotion, Entrants consent to the storage of their entry information on the databases of the Promoter. In addition, Entrants agree to the Promoter using their Entrant details for the purpose of sending information on offers and promotions by mail, phone/SMS/MMS and/or email, for an indefinite period, or until such time that an Entrant notifies the Promoter, or opts out from receiving these communications.
Further information as to; how the Promoter handles Entrant information; how entrants can complain about any breach of the Australian Privacy Principles; how the Promoter will deal with a complaint of that nature and how entrants can access or seek correction of any data collected in a Promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, https://www.vikingcruises.com.au/privacy-policy/index.html
36.Authorised under NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/32791, ACT TP19/02894 & SA Licence No. T19/349