To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must post a photo to their Instagram that is of them and a friend, inspired by California. The post must include the hashtags #openmyworld and #2AussiesinCali.
Entrants must follow @flightcentreau & @visitcalifornia.
Entrants can submit as many entries as they please.https://www.flightcentre.com.au/competitions#fndtn-california-holidays--2
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
1. Information about the prize and how to enter forms part of these terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry by each entrant.
2. The promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, ABN 25 003 377 188 of 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland 4101 ("Promoter").
3. Entry is open to residents of Australia aged 18 years and over, who enter the promotion in the required manner as stated in these terms and conditions and meets the age requirements set in place by the supplier ("Eligible Entrants").
4. Employees of Flight Centre Travel Group Limited or Visit California its related bodies corporate, suppliers, agencies, licensees and their immediate families are not permitted to enter.
Duration of promotion period
The promotion will commence at 9:00am (AEDST) on Thursday, 28 March 2019 and will continue until (AEDST) 2359 on Wednesday 10 April, 2019. (“Promotion period”)
How to enter
5. To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must post a photo to their Instagram that is of them and a friend, inspired by California. The post must include the hashtags #openmyworld and #2AussiesinCali. Entrants must follow @flightcentreau & @visitcalifornia. Entrants can submit as many entries as they please.
6. Entries must be posted during the promotion period only, between and including 28 March 2019 and 10 April 2019.
7. To enter, eligible entrants must have a public profile on Instagram so that the promoter can see the entry and contact the winners via direct message on Instagram.
8. Any costs associated with creating and submitting an entry remains the responsibility of each entrant.
9. The promoter takes no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize.
10. If the Prize Winner does not accept any element of the Prize, the Promoter is not obliged to provide the Prize Winner with a substitute prize.
Selection of the Prize Winner
11. The competition is a game of skill whereby entrants must post an image to Instagram with the appropriate promotion hashtags of themselves and a friend that is inspired by California. The most creative entries will win.
12. The four (4) prize winners will be selected on Friday 12th April at the Promoter’s address, 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, Queensland. The Prize Winner will be announced on the Flight Centre instastories @flightcentreau
13. The prize winners will be notified via Instagram direct message within 48 hours of the draw.
14. The prize winners have until Friday 19th April to claim the prize. Although every effort will be made to contact the prize winners, should an unclaimed prize draw be necessary, the draw will be held on Monday 22nd April.
15. The Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the result of the Prize Draw.
16. The four (4) most creative Eligible Entrants (“Winners”) will each win a holiday to California for two (2) people. Winners will be decided based on creativity and flair, by Flight Centre Travel Group.
17. Details of prizes are as follows:
a. Return economy class airfares from the nearest capital city of the Winner and their companion, flying into Los Angeles an out of San Francisco. The Winner and their companion must travel on the same flights.
b. “Highway One Classic Self Drive” itinerary as prepared by Flight Centre with seven nights accommodation and car hire, including:
· Two nights accommodation in Los Angeles
· One night accommodation in Santa Barbara
· Two nights accommodation in Monterey
· Two nights accommodation in San Francisco
· 8 days car hire in a compact small-sized vehicle
18. All aspects of the prize (including airfares, accommodation and car hire) are subject to availability and black-out periods apply. Prize travel must be booked by 30 Jun 19. Prize is subject to availability, not transferable, changeable, non-refundable or redeemable for cash. The prize is for the competition winners use only and cannot be handed/gifted/sold to a third party. Normal booking conditions apply.
19. Either the Winner and/or their companion must hold a valid Australian driver’s licence to be eligible for the car hire portion of the prize. International Drivers Permits may be required and must be organised at the driver’s expense in Australia before the trip. This needs to be checked with the Flight Centre travel consultants.
20. Prize does not include transfers from winner's place of residence to or from flight departure point listed in point 1 above, pre/post accommodations, transfers, date changes, meals, travel insurance or any other costs. Total prize value is $10,000 per prize (equivalent to $5,000 per traveller). Prize is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash. Prize must be booked in one single transaction. Flight extension is allowed depending on selected dates and subject to availability. It is the Winner’s responsibility to cover any extra costs associated with flight extensions should this incur any.
21. All travellers must have a valid passport for international travel and many countries require at least 6 months validity from the date of return and some countries require a machine-readable passport. When travelling to the United States please see https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov
for important information regarding compulsory pre-registration for their visa waiver program (“ESTA”). Australian passport holders will not be able to enter the United States without a valid ESTA (or visa). Please note, you may not meet the eligibility requirements of ESTA and may be required to obtain a visa. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the prize winners sole responsibility.
22. Prizes are strictly NON-TRANSFERABLE, non-negotiable, may not be replaced or refunded and cannot be taken as cash. No cash refund or reimbursement allowed if the prize is not utilised; no credit given if full value of the prize is not utilised.
23. Booking shall be accepted subject to availability of economy airfare.
24. Prize holidays must be booked with nominated Flight Centre Travel Group consultant.
*Total estimated prize value may fluctuate due to time of year trip is taken.
The value of this prize, itinerary and inclusions are correct at time of printing and subject to change at any time. Any change to the prize between the publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the promoter(s).
or in store.
26. It is always recommended by the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAT) that travellers to the USA purchase travel insurance prior to departure. Any costs incurred as a result of lack of insurance coverage will be the responsibility of the travellers and the Promoter takes no responsibility or liability
27. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of employment status, proof of age, proof of residency and/or proof of entry validity in order to claim a Prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
. Entrants agree that the Promoter may use their personal information for marketing purposes.
29. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable media and social media editorial requests relating to the Prize, including but not limited to, being interviewed and photographed. The winner will not be entitled to any fee for participating in these activities.
30. All entrants who submit any entry to the Promoter: (a) grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees a non-exclusive license to exercise all rights in perpetuity throughout the world in the entry material and all other material provided by the entrant to the Promoter pursuant to this promotion at any time; and (b) represent and warrant that the exercise of the rights granted to the Promoter in these terms and conditions will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and (c) indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the foregoing representation and warranty.
31. By entering this competition entrants agree to allow the Promoter to repost their entry/submission on the Promoter’s Facebook and Instagram accounts, the Promoter’s website (www.flightcentre.com.au
) and blog and within the Promoter’s electronic direct mail (eDM) communication.
32. If there is an event beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control which prevents or hinder the conduct of the promotion or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the prize to the winner, then the Promoter is subject to regulatory authority approval may in its sole discretion cancel the promotion. Further the Promoter may at its sole discretion recommence the promotion under the same conditions.
33. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
34. The Promoter may at its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these conditions of entry.
35. The Promoter may at its discretion refuse to award any prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these conditions of entry.
36. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
37. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
38. The Promoter is Flight Centre Travel Group CAN 003 377 188 located at 275 Grey Street, South Brisbane, QLD, 4101. The personal information of entrants will be collected to enable the Promoter to administer and promote this competition and its winners and may be used to market its services to the entrants. The personal information of winners may be provided to others assisting, including prize suppliers and deliverers, and to authorities that regulate this competition. In the event that entrants decide to opt out of receiving information on promotions, services and market research provided by Flight Centre Travel Group, they can email firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact the Global Head Office on 07 3083 4765. If an entrant does not truthfully provide all requested personal information, the Promoter may determine that they are not eligible to win the prize.
39. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
a. Inaccurate/incorrect transcription of any information
b. Purported entries that are not received for any reason.
c. The unavailability or inaccessibility of any service whether or not caused by traffic congestion on the internet or any website
d. Unauthorised human intervention in any part of the competition
e. Electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the competition
f. Any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property and including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss arising in connection with the arrangement for supply, or the supply, of any goods or services by any person to a Prize Winner and, where applicable, to any family/persons accompanying a Prize Winner; or
g. Any injury or damage to persons or property, including to the participant’s or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, participation or downloading ant materials in this competition.
40. The Promoter will not be liable for personal injury suffered during participation in the promotion or use of the Prize, except to the extent directly caused by the Promoter’s negligence. If requested by the Promoter, the Prize Winner, and his or her guests must sign and return any liability release and indemnity provided by the Promoter and/or its contractors as a condition of a Prize being awarded. Failure to return the signed releases and indemnities may result in the entitlement to the Prize being forfeited and the selection of another Prize Winner.
41. These above conditions do not affect, and are not intended to affect, any rights a consumer might have, which cannot be excluded under applicable consumer protection laws. To the fullest extent permitted by law, any liability of the Promoter or its servant or agents for breach of any such rights is limited to the payment of the cost of having the prize supplied again.