Australian Competitions Now with Compfolio!
Comping Club HomeHelpCalendarRegisterLoginCompingclubHelp
   Friday 29 March 2024, 10:07:46 pm   
Welcome to Australia's favourite competition website

We currently have 1,645 comps and freebies worth over $24,257,718.94 listed

That's over twenty four million, two hundred and fifty seven thousand, seven hundred and eighteen dollars worth of
holidays, cars, boats, cash, computers, kitchens, home furnishings and other prizes to be given away!

Australia's most popular competition website

Compingclub

Compingclub
Compingclub
1014531 Total Posts (444364 Searchable Posts) in 296769 Topics by 41485 Members
Latest Member: xello1
Comping Club  Australian Competitions Club
|-Comping Club  Expired
| |-Comping Club  Closed Competitions
| | |-Comping Club  Hunter Writers - 38th Newcastle Poetry Prize Comp/Share $25,000 Prize Pool
Entry Details
  • Newcastle Poetry Prize Comp     Closing Date: Wednesday 12 June 2019

Prizes you can win
 Category   • Cash & Vouchers 
Prizes may include Cash, Vouchers, Subscriptions, Gift Cards etc ...
 Win great prizes at the Compingclub

COMP
MARK

$25,000.00  
Pages: 1 
Print
Author Topic: Hunter Writers - 38th Newcastle Poetry Prize Comp/Share $25,000 Prize Pool  (Read 398 times)  (Replies 0 posts)
oldfellow
Global Moderator
Comp Guru

Recent Activity
100%

Top Poster

Aquarius
Aquarius

« : Sunday 07 April 2019, 11:14:02 am »
Go Up

https://hunterwriterscentre.org/newcastle-poetry-prize/

38th Newcastle Poetry Prize Competition

opens 21st March, 2019 – World Poetry Day

$25 000 prize pool

First Prize $15 000

Second Prize $5 000

Third Prize $1 000

Commended $250

Commended $250

$500 Harri Jones Memorial Prize for a poet under 36 years

$75 to each poet selected to be published in the Anthology

Click to Enter Your Poem

Closes 8pm AEST 12th June 2019

We advise you read both the FAQs and the Terms and Conditions below.

By entering a piece in the Newcastle Poetry Prize, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions.

Entries close 8pm AEST Wednesday 12th June, 2019
    The line limit is 200 maximum. This includes titles and any sub-headings. There is no minimum.
    Entry is online only. Attach your poem as a .pdf or Word document (.doc) via the entry form.
    You do not have to be a member of Hunter Writers Centre to enter the competition. Entrants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. You can reside anywhere in the world.
    Your poem must not include your name or any identifying marks. This means any word that the judges can link directly to you. Names of places and/or first names of people are, generally, acceptable. Be sure there are no words that identify you as the author.
    If the judges have read part or all of your entry prior to making your submission you cannot submit that poem.
    Entries must be the original work of the applicant and must not be published in any form (print or electronic) or currently offered for publication.
    You must acknowledge any quotes from other writers that you use.
    All authors must provide their own name on the entry form for administrative purposes. If you would prefer your poem to be published under a pseudonym, please note it on the entry form.
    There is no limit on number of entries. A separate entry form, and separate entry fee of $33 ($30.00 + $3.00 GST) must accompany each entry.
    Poems entered in previous Newcastle Poetry Prize years that were not selected may be re-entered.
    Entrants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. You can reside anywhere in the world.
    Staff of Hunter Writers Centre and their family members are not eligible to enter
    Entrants must be aged over 18 years.
    The judges’ decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into with either the judges, the staff or the board of Hunter Writers Centre or sponsors.
    By entering the Newcastle Poetry Prize, the author gives permission to Hunter Writers Centre to publish your work in the anthology if selected by the judges. The copyright to the work is always retained by the author. As publisher of the anthology, Hunter Writers Centre will have First Publication Rights to all submitted works and may use any title or phrase from any entry for the purpose of promoting the competition and the anthology. Any collection or publication subsequent to the Newcastle Poetry Prize that includes the author’s poem should acknowledge this competition.
    Prize winners may be required to participate in media-related events associated with the competition.
    By supplying your contact details you agree to us sending you opt-out correspondence.

Frequently Asked Questions

FAQs – these are questions we have received over the years

What are the top 4 tips for entering the Newcastle Poetry Prize?

Read the FAQs and the Terms and Conditions thoroughly

Do not enter a poem that either judge has read before (in full or in part).

Make sure your name is not on the work.

Consider purchasing a past anthology as this will show you the diversity selected and you will be supporting and enjoying Australian poetry!

The line limit is 200 maximum. Does this mean I have to write 200 lines?

No. In fact, over the years much shorter poems are selected for publication. The reason the NPP has an upper limit of 200 lines is to give opportunity to those poets who want to submit long poems or a suite of poems.

Should a poem rhyme?

No, it does not have to. Many poems selected by the judges do not rhyme.

Is there an exact style and format you require?

We only accept .doc, .docx, .pdf file format. Line spacing and font style and size is your choice.

Are spaces between the lines part of the line count?

No, only written lines are considered part of the line count.

How many times can I enter?

As many as you wish. One entry = one payment

I think I made a mistake with my piece. Can I submit it again?

If you submitted the work and paid successfully but want to upload your work one more time because it has an error in it, enter the work again and contact us for a refund.

There seemed to be something wrong when I uploaded my piece

We recommend Chrome or Safari internet browsers work best with the entry form.

Can I use a pseudonym instead of my real name?

Yes you can but you will be asked on the entry form to also supply your real name – this will never be revealed to third parties.

What age can enter this competition?

Over 18s

If my name appears on the work is it disqualified?

Yes. The most common mistake entrants make is putting their name on the work.

Go for it, give it a tweet!             

Pages: 1    Go Up
Print

Go Up

Jump to:  

CompFolio ™ marks and indicators:
Entered   Not Interested   Not Won   Prize Received
Revisit   Won Waiting For Prize   Remove Mark

Australian Competitions Club | Powered by SMF Deluxe.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.
Compingclub ™ © Australian Competitions Club
Page created in 0.0125 seconds with 8 queries.
Friday 29 March 2024, 10:07:46 pm from 44.201.96.213