Enter our daily scratch and win contest to go into the running to win a brand new Volkswagen Golf Highline and great instant daily prizes along the way including tickets, signed merchandise and amazing game day experiences such as tossing the coin at an upcoming game.
Volksgiving - Day 1
Scratch for your chance to instantly win one of two Sydney Swans match balls signed by co-captains Luke Parker, Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe.
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions of Entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
3. Subject to the clauses below, entry is open to all residents of Australia who have fulfilled the requirements set out below ('Eligible Entrants'). Entrants must be over the age of 18, as of the date of entry.
4. Employees, and their immediate families, of the Promoter, the Sponsor, associated agencies and companies, contractors or individuals are not eligible to enter this competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or 1st cousin.
5. The Promoter is Sydney Swans Limited (ABN 48 063 349 708) (the 'Promoter'). The Promoter's address is Light Tower #4, Driver Avenue, Moore Park, NSW 2021.
6. The Sponsor is Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Limited (ABN 14 093 117 876) (the ‘Sponsor’). The Sponsor’s address is 24 Muir Road, Chullora, NSW 2190.
How to enter
7. To enter Eligible Entrants must, during the Promotional Period (defined below): visit www.sydneyswans.com.au/volksgiving
to get a virtual scratch card. Daily instant win prizes via a scratch and win contest where entrants virtually "scratch" the digital image to reveal if they have won a series of daily Swans and Volkswagen prizes. All virtual scratch card entries will go in the overall Major Prize draw to win a new Volkswagen Golf 110TSI Highline 7 Speed DSG with optional R-Line package and metallic paint.
8. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter and the Sponsor (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter or the Sponsor (as the case may be).
9. Quality-control errors will not invalidate an otherwise valid prize claim. Unless otherwise due to fraud or ineligibility under these Terms and Conditions, all prize claims in excess of the advertised prize pool will be honoured.
10. There are 91 prize opportunities for the scratch and win promotion as outlined in the prize list, these vary each day accordingly but the type of prize is consistent on the day for the instant prizes.
11. Entries must provide contact details on request to be eligible to win. Entrants may only enter in their own name. Inaudible, incomprehensible, illegible, and incomplete entries may be deemed invalid.
Number of Entries permitted
12. All entrants may enter once daily and therefore a maximum of 10 entries for a chance to win the Major Prize.
Open, Close, Draw and Publish dates
14. The competition commences on 17/07/2019 at 9:00 AM and closes 25/07/2019 at 11:59 PM ('Promotional Period'). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are local times, based on the location of the Promoter. If any draw date falls on a public holiday, as defined in the state of the Promoter, that draw will be conducted on the next business day. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
15. The winners will be notified instantly on the virtual scratch card they have received. Instant notification of prize winning is subject to compliance with these terms and conditions.
16. Two Major Prize Finalists will be drawn at the Promoter’s Premises on 26/07/19 at 11 AM. The Promoter will contact the two Finalists by phone or email by 5:00 PM on 26/07/2019. Their names will also be published on 27/07/2019 at www.sydneyswans.com.au
Two other Major Prize Finalists will be selected via the Volkswagen handball challenge on 28/07/2019 from 3:20 PM at Driver Avenue prior to first bounce of the Sydney Swans vs Geelong Match (Sunday July 28). Selection to be random draw and taken from all entrants who participate. Eligible entrants must be over the age of 18.
17. The four Finalists or their representative must be at the game, Round 19 Sydney Swans match against Geelong on 28/07/2019 from 4:00 PM. Each Finalist will be required to complete a car shaped, corflute puzzle on the field in the third quarter break. The first Finalist who completes the puzzle is the Major Prize Winner.
18. The announcement of the Major Prize Winner will be scrutinised by an independent person.
19. The winners will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 30/07/2019 at www.sydneyswans.com.au
for 28 days.
20. Prizes (instant win prizes) will be sent within 28 days of the draw.
21. The Promoter may conduct such further draws on 28/10/2019 (at 11:00 AM at the Promoter’s premises) as the original draw in order to distribute any instant prizes unclaimed by this date, subject to State and Territory legislation. Winners of any further draws will be notified by email within two business days of the draw. Their names will also be published on 30/10/2019 at www.sydneyswans.com.au
for 28 days.
Prize on offer
22. The total prize pool is valued at up to $61,283.20 (including GST), as at 17/07/2019.
23. The total number of competition winners in this competition is ninety-one. The prizes on offer can be viewed here.
25. The Promoter and Sponsor take no responsibility for petrol, comprehensive insurance, health, transport, body, paint or mechanical damage, or any other costs or damages, from date of delivery. The Major Prize winner will be responsible for any expenses incurred in getting to and from their nearest authorised Volkswagen Dealer. The prize value includes on-road costs.24. The Major Prize includes 12 months’ registration, compulsory third party insurance, stamp duty and dealer delivery charges (which may vary State by State).
26. If the Major Prize winner is, through any legal incapacity or otherwise, unable to register the car in their own name, then the Major Prize winner may assign the car to another person (who consents to such assignment) with legal capacity for the purpose of registration. The Promoter and Sponsor take no responsibility for any such arrangements between the Major Prize winner and the assignee. The Major Prize winner must provide the Sponsor with certified copies of all required documentation as required by the Sponsor before the Major Prize is awarded.
27. 4 Week Test Drive conditions: The Sponsor will nominate a weekend for the minor prize test drive in consultation with the winner and will provide a minimum of four weeks’ notice to the winner. The winner must be able to collect the vehicle from 24 Muir Road, Chullora, New South Wales (“Collection Location”) by 5:00pm AEDT on the Friday of the chosen weekend and return the vehicle to the same place by 5:00pm AEDT 4 weeks after collection, on the following Monday, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the winner and the Sponsor. The Sponsor will have final say on all relevant dates and times for collection and/or return of the vehicle. The winner must sign an indemnity form provided at the time of collecting the vehicle. Winner/s are required to make their own way to the Collection Location to collect and return the Prize. Any ancillary costs with the Prize will be the responsibility of the winner and his or her companions, including, but not limited to, travel to and from the Collection Location.
28. The Promoter makes no guarantee that the celebrities, actors and/or production staff associated with the prize will be present during the visit. Even if those people are present, the winner will not necessarily meet with any of them. Travel must be taken to coincide with the timing of the prize, on a date to be determined by the program producers/Promoter. During the visit the winner must abide by and ensure his or her companions abide by all reasonable requests of the Promoter and program producer. Failure to comply may result in immediate and unconditional removal of the winner from the premises. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the program producers and the celebrity.
Further Terms and Conditions
29. Any entrant found to have used a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf will have all entries invalidated and any claim they have to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or who seeks to gain an unfair advantage or to manipulate this competition.
30. Any entrant found to be entering incorrect contact details, including incorrect email contact details, will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any prize awarded. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
31. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. Cash will not necessarily be awarded as a substitute. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier's requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
32. The Promoter highly recommends a current residential street address be provided when requested for ease of correspondence and potential prize delivery. The Promoter makes all reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. The Promoter cannot guarantee that any prizes returned to the Promoter due to non-delivery at the provided address will be re-sent to the prize winner.
33. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to sign a winner's deed of release (and indemnification) or any other relevant forms or agreements that the Promoter or Sponsor deems necessary, to provide proof of identity, proof of age, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including phone bill) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency, age and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
34. The Promoter reserves the right to conduct a redraw in the event that an entrant, claiming to be a winner, is unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions or has breached these Terms and Conditions.
35. The Promoter's decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is subject to State and Territory legislation but also final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable and, with the exception of cash prizes, cannot be taken as cash. Prizes will be sent to the winner's nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit.
Privacy Collection statement
36. By submitting an entry into this competition entrants consent to receive promotional and other marketing messages from the Promoter and the Sponsor (including messages sent electronically for an unlimited period of time). Entrants will be able to opt-out at any time by following the instructions included in each message sent by the Promoter or Sponsor (as the case may be).
37. The Promoter and Sponsor and their related entities collect entrants' personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners). The Promoter may disclose personal information collected to an agent who is engaged to conduct the competition draw and for prize fulfilment. The Promoter may also disclose personal information collected to Australian regulatory authorities, such as the regulators of trade promotions. The Promoter and Sponsor will otherwise handle your personal information in accordance with their Privacy Policies available at https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/privacy
(Promoter) and https://www.volkswagen.com.au/en/privacy-policy.html
(Sponsor). You may request access or to update your personal information or lodge a complaint by writing to The Privacy Officer, Sydney Swans Limited (ABN 48 063 349 708) of Light Tower #4, Driver Avenue, Moore Park, NSW 2021 (Promoter) or The Privacy Officer, Volkswagen Group Australia Pty Limited (ABN 14 093 117 876) of 24 Muir Road, Chullora, NSW 2019 (Sponsor).
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
38. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter who may publish or cause to be published any of the entries received.
39. In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winners (and their companions) agree to granting the Promoter and the Sponsor a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winners (and their companions) will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
40. Prize-winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
41. The Promoter (subject to State and Territory legislation) reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition. In particular, computer generated entries and the use "scripting" is not permitted and will not be accepted.
42. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
43. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limit, exclude or modify or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees').
44. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
45. Authorised under: NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/36230. ACT Permit No. TP 19/03765. SA Licence No. T19/1173